Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seikusa View Post
    One problem is that there are two names for the spec:
    1. Balance
    2. Moonkin

Dryad sounds cool, but dryads are only semi-humaiods. I wouldnt mind being so sort of centaurs. Centaurs rule.
    moonkin is the name of the creature you shapeshift into

Quote Originally Posted by amarrite View Post
    Rename the spec 'BOOMCHICKEN" lol
    or what about, "BOOMCHICKENOFDOOM" xD

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd be fine with it staying as Balance.

Next in line would be Wildkin for me, even just for the WC3 nostalgia if anything.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Would be interesting if they just got rid of mana for us and gave us Lunar and Solar energy

Balance is the name because moonkins are supposed to keep the equilibrium between natural and arcane powers, which turned into Earth vs Astral, but right now all abilities and the system are named after astral stuff and the only remaining spell related to the Earth is Hurricane... so Astral would actually fit very well in case they want to rename the spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar Hao View Post
    Balance is the name because moonkins are supposed to keep the equilibrium between natural and arcane powers, which turned into Earth vs Astral, but right now all abilities and the system are named after astral stuff and the only remaining spell related to the Earth is Hurricane... so Astral would actually fit very well in case they want to rename the spec.
    I'd argue Entangling Roots, is pretty Earth related.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Is it your aim to be wrong about literally everything you post about on the forums?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

I'd be more inclined to rename 'Windwalker', as far as specs go; it's the one name in the game that has no reflection on the actual spec at all. Nothing about Windwalker Monks involves 'wind' or 'walking' to any serious extent. You could argue that Flying Serpent Kick entails them 'walking on the wind', but it's really more akin to gliding through it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    I'd be more inclined to rename 'Windwalker', as far as specs go; it's the one name in the game that has no reflection on the actual spec at all. Nothing about Windwalker Monks involves 'wind' or 'walking' to any serious extent. You could argue that Flying Serpent Kick entails them 'walking on the wind', but it's really more akin to gliding through it.
    Hurricane strike, jk only spell that hasn't been used by any spec ever.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by amarrite View Post
    Rename the spec 'BOOMCHICKEN" lol
    see.. i keep pointing out moonkin looks more chicken than owl, because of the face.. narrow head, tiny eyes that are to the side, compared to the rounder larger head owls have and larger eyes to the front - so people keep associating it far more with a chicken or Turkey than an owl, i hope it is one thing the are team adjust in their new model

Quote Originally Posted by Seikusa View Post
    One problem is that there are two names for the spec:
    1. Balance
    2. Moonkin

Dryad sounds cool, but dryads are only semi-humaiods. I wouldnt mind being so sort of centaurs. Centaurs rule.
    well Dryads are a class of the daughters of Cenarius, the race really is Centaurs.

I'd love the forms, the alliance druids could take on Cenarion forms, and horde druids Centaur forms - as an alternative to moonkin.

i've always thought Cenarion was way cooler than moonkin, but moonkin as a form has always appealed to some, i have always been certain that Cenarion would have appealed to many more..which is why I wrote in another post they should really make lore for the balance spec and provide Moonkin, Astral, Cenarion(/Centaur) and possibly Arrakoa as humanoid forms they can take to boost their spell power,

But as a spec name, I would not call it Moonkin, I'd think Astral or Celestial would fit a lot better, Balance is an excellent name though, but it can be a bit confusing when talking about it.. and I suspect Huth is right, it's going to be those with doubles like Frost, Resto, Holy... I think druids would keep Restoration as a name, they were the first class fleshed out before they even decided shaman would be a playable class, and resto rings better for druids, Shaman would have a more elemental name like Waves, Waters or Ancestral tree. But I'm just guessing here.

Looks like you lost all oldschoolers guys .

1. Name Balance has been choosen before of existence of any solar/lunar energy. They basicaly patched over time solar/lunar energy balancing around of existing name so it made sense at all.
    In vanilla when moonkin didnt even exist and hurricane was last talent, they choosen "Balance" because this type of druid was supposed to use all forms/casts and even staff attack. Later when they added moonkin it had even mana refresh based on attack with weapon in that form. All of this never worked at all.

2. Moonkin form and taking form of moonkin/wildkin as druid is much older as you think. In Alpha stages of Warcraft 3 there was hero for Night elves called "Arch-druid" with ultimate that morphed him into Wildkin. This hero was scraped in before beta of w3. Model has been used for Druid of the Talon.

I still wonder why Blizz didnt called druid in WoW based on Warcraft 3 (Druid of the Claw(Claw Druid), Druid of the Talon (Talon Druid), Keeper of the Grove (Grove Druid)). Probably wanted more exact names for spec's so you instantly know what is that spec about...

Balance is a good name. It doesn't limit the potential if Blizzard wants to add more nature related stuff to the spec like wind based ability or shits like that. Astral will pretty much seal it to be only celestial based.

Deleted
    Balance is a great name for the spec. Once upon a time it was a poor choice but with Eclipse the name capture the idea that you have these 2 forces to play with.

Deleted
    Pretty certain the only spec's getting renamed are the shared ones like Restoration and Protection.

Also, Shadow is staying Shadow, Insanity is the resource name.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    So, you probably heard:

Shadow to Insanity, a more fitting name imo, good call, what about balance, should it be renamed? if it was what sort of name you looking for/thinking of?

In fact i think it is likely to be renamed, it can get confusing in conversation or forum posts when trying to mention druid affairs. What say you?
    oh GOD no, i would not enjoy my main being renamed to 'insanity priest', it makes no sense and sounds stupid as heck, im a shadow priest.

their resource is renamed to insanity, im guessing it has something to do with managing either the mental toll using shadow magic takes on you, or a stacking debuff type thing on your opponent, building up their insanity then causing their mind to collapse and break.

I could see balance getting a new name, it has alot to do with the moon, stars and the sun. celestial druid, equinox druid, astral druid or eclipse druid could work, balance really doesnt fit in with their name anymore tbh, you dont balance anything, you just take advantage of the sun/moon cycles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Madus View Post
    Looks like you lost all oldschoolers guys .

1. Name Balance has been choosen before of existence of any solar/lunar energy. They basicaly patched over time solar/lunar energy balancing around of existing name so it made sense at all.
    In vanilla when moonkin didnt even exist and hurricane was last talent, they choosen "Balance" because this type of druid was supposed to use all forms/casts and even staff attack. Later when they added moonkin it had even mana refresh based on attack with weapon in that form. All of this never worked at all.

2. Moonkin form and taking form of moonkin/wildkin as druid is much older as you think. In Alpha stages of Warcraft 3 there was hero for Night elves called "Arch-druid" with ultimate that morphed him into Wildkin. This hero was scraped in before beta of w3. Model has been used for Druid of the Talon.

I still wonder why Blizz didnt called druid in WoW based on Warcraft 3 (Druid of the Claw(Claw Druid), Druid of the Talon (Talon Druid), Keeper of the Grove (Grove Druid)). Probably wanted more exact names for spec's so you instantly know what is that spec about...
    Where did you hear this? not doubting, but its very interesting to me

Id love boomchicken to look more intimidating or serious, its just this giant egg with wings, feathers and horns. would love it to resemble what its supposed to. malfurion now looks badass as fuck with his getup. It represents moonkins without the goofiness...
    Last edited by bloodmoth13; 2015-09-07 at 10:19 AM.

I think Astral would be great, since druids use the astral energy to fight (and some solar since Cata).
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Poultrymancer.

Deleted
    Balance doesn't need renaming. I'd argue no spec needs re-naming. People will still call it by it's old name even if it is renamed.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Where did you hear this? not doubting, but its very interesting to me
    It was datamined from client long time ago.

I feel they would only do it (if at all) with the ones with shared names: protection, resto, holy, feral, frost, which although shouldn't make any difference I do feel it would make them stand out a bit more for spec identity (their theme it seems for this expansion).

I have no idea why you would want to rename the perfectly named balance spec.