Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ArclightRL View Post
    New sniper training buff - *Now reduces cast time on Aimed shot by 100%* (because who needs to aim when you've stood still for a solid 3 seconds?). This is after they make sniper training a passive and make the new mastery something cool like fire volley quiver of death
    This is an awesome idea!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Obligatory ranks != skill post.

High parsing means that player tunneled and padded, usually ignoring some mechanics or normal assignments. Either the raid knew and allowed it (i.e.
    farm fight, it's Fred's turn to rank...), or the player scumbagged.
    This is simply not the case. While there absolutely are parses that are achieved purely by padding like an idiot, there is a very, very strong correlation (to the point of an almost complete overlap) between players who manage good parses tier after tier and players who are worth having in your raid.

To restate it, while top parses are not indicative of being a good player, a good player will consistently have 95th+ percentiles on fights where they do not have some job/are not targeted by some mechanic that prevents them from doing damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxyquest View Post
    I could see some kind of RNG reduced cast time per cast until it's instant for X amount of time.
    they did that an expansion or two ago. basically cast steady a few times and aimed is instant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Novar View Post
    It will be really hard for me to play this class next expansion if its not.
    honestly? it would be hard to play a class because it has a casted shot????

Theyre already making some big changes by total pet removal from the spec. I'm going to expect it won't be baseline but the rotation will be changed to a point that it wouldn't matter or feel drastically different anyways.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaAverageGamers View Post
    they did that an expansion or two ago. basically cast steady a few times and aimed is instant.

- - - Updated - - -

honestly? it would be hard to play a class because it has a casted shot????
    After a year , sure why not?
    you are going to be casting AiS more than any other spells anyway.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Aimed has been bouncing back and forth from being longcast to instant cast since Wrath. The reason Aimed Shot has such a long cast time is that it use to hit like a speeding mack truck and while it's damage has been greatly nerfed the cast time hasn't so much.

it really depends on what gear well be seeing in legion.

One could hope..

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    where they do not have some job/are not targeted by some mechanic that prevents them from doing damage.[/I]
    Quoting the part that most people completely ignore.

If you look around most WoW-related forums, people simply equate high parses to skill, without the nuances you've stated. This leads to the padding and bad behaviors I've mentioned. Going by your signature, I'll assume your raid doesn't have that problem, but it's an epidemic, including earlier in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

It's kind of how I feel with BM. For me bm is a lot of fun to play. I really feel that's how MM should feel. Just fluid. Right now with the 4 piece it's a lot of fun. Going back to the no 4piece for me personally it just felt wonky.

I think MM shouldn't have aimed as instant all the time, nor should it have chimera shot

it really goes against the specs fantasy of being a super careful sniper and blizzard has talked up how they are bringing spec fantasy back

though personally if I was redesigning the spec for legion I'd bring back master marksman as an active ability with a short cd that has a chance to gain charges on every shot with a cast time you can bank up to 3 charges and when you active the ability you can cast an instant aimed shot with no gcd for every charge you had

this would work in tandem with a new shot replacing chimera shot, called piercing shot which makes it so that for the next 3 seconds all your shots cause a bleed for 33% of their damage

so the rotation would be build up 3 master charges, use piercing shot, cast an aimed shot then use master marksman and your 3 banked aimed shots