Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    Another perfect example of why religion isn't the root of the problems in this world, it's just a scapegoat for already hateful people. If these kind of people didn't have religion to hate they would just hate other people for some completely other reasons. It all comes down to "I hate you because you don't think the way I do".
    Nope, what you are describing is one religion hating on another for not agreeing. Atheist haven't gone around burning religious people like religious people have done/ are doing. Religion is a problem, specially the organized kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Athiests is not an organized religion. Your premise is flawed...
    Your premise is flawed.
    Atheists: the group of people. - So not flawed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Who are you to judge them? God? Your "mental illness" is manifesting.
    It seems like many if not most in this thread bashing religion, do not actually know what it means. That includes those treating atheist as some organization...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Religion has been the cause of the most murders and wars since the dawn of man...I mean, there is nothing even close that could get up their in numbers...we would need another 50000 years of non religious normal murders to get there.
    Lol, I thought you guys were into actual evidence for your claims. Atheist anthropologist corrects this baseless dogma of yours, saying, "Moreover, the chief complaint against religion -- that it is history's prime instigator of intergroup conflict -- does not withstand scrutiny. Religious issues motivate only a small minority of recorded wars. The Encyclopedia of Wars surveyed 1,763 violent conflicts across history; only 123 (7 percent) were religious."

Also, religion has been found to be a deterrent against violent behaviors and promotes pro-social behavior as found by meta-studies done again by atheist scientists(see: "Would the World Be Better Off Without Religion? A Skeptic’s Guide to the Debate" in the Skeptical Inquirer.)

The empirical evidence seems to be against you in this regard, but don't worry, I'm sure you'll be able to produce some anecdotal examples to help further your blind anti-religious beliefs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Your premise is flawed.
    Atheists: the group of people. - So not flawed.
    The only way an atheist is a hypocrite, is if they believe in God. Everything else is your inability to even understand the concept. Sorry...

Atheist is not a group of people, it's not believing God. It means nothing else...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    I like how the MMO Champ mods are fine with a thread calling religion mental illness and bashing it heartily, but god forbid you make a thread saying anything negative about transgender people or call it mental illness. Keep that agenda rolling.
    A lot of the mods are on the west coast. QQ more?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Religious discussion is on our list of banned subjects. Closing this.

CLOSED.