Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I hate caves in wow mainly because you cannot use your mount in it. I can understand it for flying mounts but ground ??

Also when you learn the template of cave, it becames easy. And then, there are barrow dens.....

I would LOVE to have caves like in Skyrim

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a very strong sense of direction, I generally have no problem with caves and dungeons.

I mostly like caves specilly Pandaria ones were very impressive and immersive. Also Furbolg tunnel from Felwood to Winterspring always had this special charm about them.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

I have autism and a really really poor sense of direction, I get lost IRL and in video games all the time. But I rarely get lost in WoW caves, and if I do, I just hearth out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    I hate caves in wow mainly because you cannot use your mount in it. I can understand it for flying mounts but ground ??

Good point. I was so obsessed with flying that I didn't even think of that. Ground mounts would be a perfect fit for caves, especially the larger ones.

I've never really thought about it, but I think I actually love caves if done right. There's on cave in Tanaan jungle actually that's flooded and you have to do a load of platforming to get to certain treasures and rares, I thought that was great =D. There's a few in Skyrim as well which I thought was awesome, you have to jump into a river that goes down and leads you into a pitch black area filled with spiders; One of the few areas I actually had to use a light-source.

With all that being said I doubt i'd be as keen to explore caves IRL and minecraft always scared the shit out of me whenever you heard that ominous noise when you got near one, was never fun trying to find your way out either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    I have a very strong sense of direction, I generally have no problem with caves and dungeons.
    Same here. I never forget a place I've been, and most of the caves are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff220 View Post
    I swear, I'm not going to accept another quest that makes me go into a cave! I always get lost and can't find my way out. I start getting real-life claustrophobia!! I was just in Ban Thallow cave in Winterspring, and must have run around in circles for 15 minutes. I finally just let the spiders kill me so I could die and resurrect at the graveyard.
    I know the game is super-easy now, but I still find the caves frustrating. The path on the mini-map is so dark you can barely see it, plus it doesn't really clearly show the way to the exit.
    Oh well, this is just a minor gripe but I wondered if anyone else had my problem.
    Related story: A buddy of mine that stopped playing back during Lich King recently started playing again. He asked me where he should go and I said he should check out Vashj'ir. Mostly cuz I think that it is just a really gorgeous looking zone. He agreed that it was very pretty to look at.... but while he was done there he noticed he was getting increasingly agitated with every minute. Finally he figured out that it was actually setting off his aquaphobia.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Deleted
    I'm sorry, but Blizz will never cave to people's demands and remove them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the concept of caves in Fantasies but you can tell what kind of caves are like. They probably should add different types. No idea how hard it is to make them though.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I was only 10 during vanilla and hated the Barrow Dens in Night Elf lands. Always got lost in them or trapped behind respawns!
    Sure, they're not caves buy are close enough :P

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Well if warcraft caves are so confusing for you, then you must have real orientation problems IRL.
    Not sure how they are related? Real life you can use your sense of direction - something not available in WoW.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    No. There should be more caves/dungeons to explore like in Skyrim and stuff.
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

Reading this thread makes me realize just how easy it is to be good at WoW. C'mon guys, there are six cave layouts, and three of them have been in the game for a decade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    There is a Vanilla cave with 2 exits as well, in Eastern Plaguelands.
    that's more like a tunnel though, in the literal sense (i know which one you're talking about, the one behind Terrordale that leads to Tirion's cottage).
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

always follow the left wall.

Yes! I love levelling in general but I hate quests which lead me into caves with passion, especially if the cave has lots of different levels and so on. I usually play with maximum distance, so the cave gameplay is even more horrible because of that.

I don't mind caves in Minecraft, because I can alter them. Conquer nature, bring civilization, make barren areas habitable and cozy and subject to man's rule. That's not possible in WoW, thus I dislike caves.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Layout wise I generally haven't had a huge problem with them, once you learn the few their are you are ok. The bigger problem has always been mob density and respawn rate in my eyes, some of them have been brutal over the years.

Really only a couple that gave me problems, and that was before they had the cave map layouts visible so you could see where you were. The main two were Wailing Caverns and Deadmines, you could get lost for days. There were a couple of others that several have already named, but the vast majority were just reused.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wish the caves were more randomised, instead of the same layout every cave. It's pretty pathetic that every cave is basically the same.
    Hi