Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    I could see if it was your house. I do however like how the people I live with do it. We put the entire seat including lid down when done. That way no matter what everyone has to always lift a seat.
    It's more sanitary that way too.

Everyone should put both the seat and the lid down in their own bathroom. It's just gross otherwise.

I'll never understand it either.
    Unless you've got a mad bend in your member, how can you not aim after doing it every day your entire life? It's really not that hard fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    I'll never understand it either.
    Unless you've got a mad bend in your member, how can you not aim after doing it every day your entire life? It's really not that hard fellas.
    From a technical PoV: Getting a nozzle to properly aim without dripping or overshooting when applying constant pressure is already difficult in the periods in which the pressure builds up and falls of. That is for a perfectly formed nozzle with µm precision. The average penis does neither have that perfect pressure regulation, nor form. Simple as that.

Cleaning after one's one misses can be very annoying, but cleaning after other men's is just awful. People should show some respect for the other human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    From a technical PoV: Getting a nozzle to properly aim without dripping or overshooting when applying constant pressure is already difficult in the periods in which the pressure builds up and falls of. That is for a perfectly formed nozzle with µm precision. The average penis does neither have that perfect pressure regulation, nor form. Simple as that.
    That is certainly a unique way of looking at it. From my experience though, you usually have a large enough margin for error in each direction to account for those with imperfect control.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just kick seat open to not piss on it, takes, like one second to do so
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

love being that guy that gets a good belly laugh from peeing everywhere in a porta potty except into the pot ..... everywhere

Deleted
    I pee in the cubical because urinals are ridiculously close to each other, some of them have a guard that is supposed to give you some privacy but its pathetically small and if you are at an end (without a wall) then other people can/could still sneak a peak.

I always lift the seat and pee into the bowl, if I get any splash then I wipe it up. It is fucking disgusting going into a cubical and having to clean someone's piss off the seat, its a lose-lose situation, if I do it then I am centimeters away from someones piss, if I don't do it then the next person will think I did it.

As for those who do piss on the seat/floor, sometimes pee comes out odd, I don't know why but the urethra doesn't always open up properly and it causes the stream of pee to basically spiral out of control, there have been times when I have had 3 pee streams at once! I felt like I was playing a fucking puzzle game, try get all streams into the bowl - but they should clean up afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would build a separate bathroom just for handicapped people that you needed a key for, or something of that sort.

I am in a manual wheelchair and I just don't go in public restrooms anymore... People piss all over the floor, shit on the floor, spit on the floor, etc... I have to roll through that with my hands on my wheels... And all of that bullshit will be on my wheels, my hands, and everything I touch right up until I sterilize the wheels...

Quote Originally Posted by Astronom View Post
    I always sit down to pee. Got sick of wiping up the seat and floor every damn time I'd try standing (I'm a guy, but my piss rarely goes in an accurate stream).
    Same here. I've pee'd sitting down since I was like 10 years old. Either I have horrible aim, or my piss stream goes full retard.

But I haven't had to wipe a toilet seat off in over a decade, and I never forget to put the lid down, because I never have to lift it in the first place.

Win, win.

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    i dont think its just the men that makes a mess, i think women tries to hover-pee at public restrooms and makes even a bigger mess.
    I have been to womens restrooms.
    Traumatic. Not even joking, shit was disgusting. More than once at it.
    Before people ask, festivals, clubs etc, if there is a huge inflow sometimes people allow you to use other sex toilets.
    Also worked at a club for a few months, womens toilets were also far worse than mens.

Men do tend to piss all over the place though, specially circumsized as they dont have the foreskin to dampen the urine flow/pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotto Pantsu View Post
    First I have to ask if you're a male, because asking about "missing the target" would indicate that you aren't. When you have held it for long time and finally get to relief yourself, the pressure at what the piss is shooting out isn't a small matter. Turbulent flow if you want get technical. That aside, yea some guys have the "shy piss problem" and use the stalls.
    As for general mess, most ppl drop their care-o-meter to zero when they know they don't have to clean after. Common behaviour really, believe it or not. Just that many won't admit it. And final tidbit, female toilets are whole lot messier than male toilets, ask any cleaner.
    About seat, nope don't lift it but then again I'm fine using urinal.
    Shy piss problem? lol I bet you're of the mentality that MEN pee standing, and girls sitting. Capitalized MEN cuz superior gender.

Eh for the majority of men who use urinals, they're pretty unsanitary. I know they wash their hands after touching their dicks, but the problem lies in that most men don't thoroughly shake when they're done. Some won't shake at all. Perhaps because peeing in urinals is a process they just wanna be done with ASAP cuz there are dicks on each side of them. Perhaps they feel that shaking simulates beating off. Urine trickles down their underwear. That's almost as bad as using dry toilet paper for number 2.

Also, OP's remark about insecure guys using stalls and dirtying them up, I think there's a correlation between urinal insecurity and stall cleanliness. As in insecure/shy urinators (not sure if a word) will more often than not clean stalls before and after. It's usually the macho man such as guy I quoted above who sees urinals are occupied but the must go! so he fucks up the toilet and its surroundings.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why aren't they using urinals? Presumably the urinals were full when they had to pee.
    Why aren't they lifting the seat? Presumably because they are too grossed out to touch it.
    Why aren't they wiping it off afterward? Presumably for the same reason they don't lift the seat.
    Why are they missing in the first place? Alcohol, sex, apathy, or the mythical double stream are all viable explanations.

Bam, now we don't need to hate people as much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verreck View Post
    No but for real why do guys piss all over the seats in stalls? Why not use the dam urinal? I see this happen all the time and my question is why? Are you that insecure to use a urinal? Are you really that ignorant/disrespectful, you do know someone has to clean this up right?
    You're conflating two issues here. Pissing on toilet seats and the choice to use a stall rather than urinal.

So:

why do guys piss all over the seats in stalls?
    People who do this are savage douches. It's that simple. Yes, sometimes we can miss, but it's not hard to wipe it up with some toilet paper.

Why not use the dam urinal? I see this happen all the time and my question is why? Are you that insecure to use a urinal?
    I was a late bloomer and consequently quite small for my age when at school. One day, when I was around 8 or so, a little shit in my class saw me peeing at the urinal and laughed at me. Prior to that I was totally fine, after that I had an issue and after decades, it's become ingrained. I can't say I still feel insecure, but I certainly have an issue forcing my body to pee when someone else is watching. So I can stand there, whip it out and then...nothing. Unless I'm alone. Then it's fine. So I use the stall.

My suggestion to you is not to be so judgemental of people you don't know or their reasons for their behaviour, and especially don't be derogatory or shaming about it, because in my case it was someone like that triggered my behaviour. All you need to know is that some guys might have perfectly good reasons to make that choice.

Are you really that ignorant/disrespectful, you do know someone has to clean this up right?
    It's not the choice to use the stall that's the problem. It's the choice to not clean up after oneself. I have also seen some rather disgusting urinals.

On a side note: Do you lift the seat or nah? Just curious.
    Liftable seats were invented for a reason. Anyone who fails to do so is just a douche.

I tend not to go for a #2 while at a public loo.

As for urinals I just bowl up to them stare at the wall while I pee. Zip up wash hands and bowl out. Just got back from Japan the last week, my hotel toilet had an in built bidet how I missed such a wonderful device. Going for a number 2 really was brilliant.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Basemath View Post
    /snip

Eh for the majority of men who use urinals, they're pretty unsanitary. I know they wash their hands after touching their dicks, but the problem lies in that most men don't thoroughly shake when they're done. Some won't shake at all. Perhaps because peeing in urinals is a process they just wanna be done with ASAP cuz there are dicks on each side of them.
    Maybe you're just using the wrong word, but there's nothing "unsanitary" about urinals even if they don't "shake" at all. Urine is sterile. Sure it's not a wonderful thought, but it's true. Your dick is at much greater risk from your hands than the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Why aren't they lifting the seat? Presumably because they are too grossed out to touch it.
    Why aren't they wiping it off afterward? Presumably for the same reason they don't lift the seat.
    Im quite proficient with the use of my feet and have good balance, i just lift it with my shoe.
    But yeah, I wouldnt touch a bar/club/heavy inflow place toilet seat if i were paid to. Maybe with rubber gloves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    Maybe you're just using the wrong word, but there's nothing "unsanitary" about urinals even if they don't "shake" at all. Urine is sterile. Sure it's not a wonderful thought, but it's true.
    And technically, someones penis is cleaner than their hands or face (provided they do have basic hygiene ofc). So even if they were rubbing their roosters all over the urinal, it would be cleaner to touch it than to handshake someone.
    Its just visceral reaction, but those reactions are evolutionary driven likely, there for a reason.
    We are sentient creatures, thus we have the possibility of adapting the world to our needs, theres no need to force people to use something in a way they dont want to, change how it works.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Im quite proficient with the use of my feet and have good balance, i just lift it with my shoe.
    But yeah, I wouldnt touch a bar/club/heavy inflow place toilet seat if i were paid to. Maybe with rubber gloves.

- - - Updated - - -

And technically, someones penis is cleaner than their hands or face (provided they do have basic hygiene ofc). So even if they were rubbing their roosters all over the urinal, it would be cleaner to touch it than to handshake someone.
    Its just visceral reaction, but those reactions are evolutionary driven likely, there for a reason.
    We are sentient creatures, thus we have the possibility of adapting the world to our needs, theres no need to force people to use something in a way they dont want to, change how it works.
    Actually, the dick one is not grounded in evolutionary thought at all. Many animals will drink urine. Far more than the number that will eat shit. And for humans it's a known survival tactic if you're stranded. Particularly on the ocean. (Sea water is bad news). No, the impulse that you're thinking of is social conditioning and status. Far more recent developments

Either way, the urinal is FAR better than the stall for sanitary purposes if you're gonna take a piss. You don't have to touch anything, unlike the stall door. And you generally have to worry a lot less about piss on the floor too.

I tend to agree with the OP. It's just courtesy to try and leave stalls for people who need to shit if there are urinals available. And if you don't like standing between two men, be a man. And really if you are worried about shaking being to close to jacking off, you have psych problems.
    Last edited by Sooba; 2015-09-07 at 01:05 PM.

Most of the time I can control my flow enough to not let anything miss, but on the very rare occasions that it does, I just wipe that immediately with some toilet paper. I can't for the life of me understand the mentality behind deliberately not cleaning after yourself. People live here, why the hell do they think others want to see their piss all over the place.
    Public restrooms could be like that too, in a perfect world, but in reality they are too gross to touch anything. I usually lift the seat anyway though, and try to be extra careful. But I always wash mu hands with soap afterwards.

As for lifting the seat: well, of course I do, why would I want to not reduce the chances to miss. After that, I leave it open. Next person will adjust it to his needs, just as I adjusted it to mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    Maybe you're just using the wrong word, but there's nothing "unsanitary" about urinals even if they don't "shake" at all. Urine is sterile. Sure it's not a wonderful thought, but it's true. Your dick is at much greater risk from your hands than the other way around.
    Hmm alright I think I agree. Wrong word, from a medical/factual standpoint. I guess the thought was just unsettling for me.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.