Deleted

Any advice for jumping puzzles as a warrior?

I'm finishing up all the jumping puzzles before I preorder HoT, and I find that Troll's Revenge is giving me problems. I finished almost all of the other ones (just need TR, 2 of the smaller WvWvW and the big WvWvW, and one last one that I can't remember the name of), so this is basically the last one I need to do.

So, any general advice on how to do jumping puzzles in general? I don't want to reroll to another profession, BTW, I want to do it all on my warrior.

Trolls revenge is just very long and probably one of the hardest JP out there. Besides looking up a video guide there is nothing you can do to make it easier. The only proffesion that has an advantage is a mesmer with portal. You can also craft your own portal device but it's very expensive. Once you get past the lobster though it's less punishing to fail.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Trolls revenge is just very long and probably one of the hardest JP out there. Besides looking up a video guide there is nothing you can do to make it easier. The only proffesion that has an advantage is a mesmer with portal. You can also craft your own portal device but it's very expensive. Once you get past the lobster though it's less punishing to fail.
    There is this one jump in particular, like the jump right after you jump off the lobster, off the crane and onto those wooden bars. I got past that part like 3 times I think, but I suddenly started to fail because I overshoot the angled jump.

Engineer shotgun jump shot is very useful for jumping puzzles.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're soloing, then necromancer is just as good, I'd say even better, than mesmer. Spectral walk works similarly to portal but has a much shorter cooldown. Spectral Walk doesn't work for anyone but yourself though.

Deleted
    Neither Gray_matter nor Shakadam take into account that I'm asking for warrior advice. I am definitely not going to reroll just to make jumping puzzles easier.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    Neither Gray_matter nor Shakadam take into account that I'm asking for warrior advice. I am definitely not going to reroll just to make jumping puzzles easier.
    Sword leap can make harder jump gaps easier to traverse but precise jumping is just a trial and error thing. I'd look at guides and skip to certain parts and see how other people jump them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sword 2 for a leap and warhorn + elite signet for swiftness

I guess you could run the signet or heal that gives full adren and use hammer adrenal skill to leap as well which you can actually target with that.

Definitely don't depend on them tho cuz of cooldowns..

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    The reason for my post was because Zito said "The only proffesion that has an advantage is a mesmer with portal" which is not true. These forums aren't just to get an answer to your question. People often search for answers here and someone in the future might think that what Zito said was correct which it isn't.

I was specifically thinking of do over buttons which I forgot about necros.

I was specifically thinking of do over buttons which I forgot about necros.
    Make sense. I have only just started playing a Necro so I don't know much about them or Mesmers (which I haven't played much of either).