Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    If the ring not being upgraded is holding you back you have a lot bigger problems.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

I think its more of the principle of the matter. I'm the swing Healer/DPS depending on what we need. Granted Shadow isn't in the best spot I would still like to not be super behind on my legendary ring. If it wasn't for the DPS buff it gives me, I would probably just use my healer ring for better stats. There will come a point where my healer ring will be more of a DPS upgrade including the DPS ring buff than the DPS ring at 735.

10+ Year Old Account
    How I see it, it's the price you pay for playing more than one roll. I have the agi one that's upgraded and the caster one that isn't. Would be nice if they where the same but i knew thing wouldn't when I made a druid, it comes with the territory.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    The whole legendary quest chain is awful. Just a way to keep everyone occupied for months and months at a time.

It destroys people's desire to level alts as well. You hit 100 and you're like "hooray! 3 months until I get the legendary!"
    That's exactly what I said when I got Shadowmourne... oh wait.

These freaking legendary should be unique to the account, and with a fee to xfer the progress to another character.. I swear when I hear people complain about the quest on their alts, it's just ridiculous..

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    and if you have 2 main specs?

just because its not a big deal doesnt mean its ok for it to happen. especially when its something with such an easy fix.

your whole argument is that its ok to tell some people that theyre going to be behind others, simply because of the class/spec theyre playing.

im pretty sure that hasnt flown in the past but whatever, guess its still too soon to talk about this
    What if you have 5 main characters? Since you can have two MAIN specs, we'll take it a step further. I know people who raid at a high level and have 5 characters that they play regularly and are willing to swap out for progression purposes. They have 5 mains, it's not fair that they have to build 5 rings AND choose offspecs!!!!!

See, where does it end?

I firmly believe that is IS okay for it to happen and I am one of those characters that would "benefit" from changing it. You're telling people it is okay to expect to not have to make some choices and put work into things which is FAR more damaging than telling people that they've got to build their BONUS to their rings up separately.

I hate the entire expansion long grind of the legendary, it was bad in MoP and it's only gotten worse in WoD, but I don't expect Blizzard to hand it to me because I have two specs or play multiple characters. My whole point that saying it is "screwing people over" is absolutely fucking insane and if you believe that is truly does fuck people over somehow, I'm not quite sure what to say.
    Last edited by Octa; 2015-09-09 at 05:45 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not screwing you over. It's a marginal upgrade once you have the ring. If you choose to play all 3 specs then one of your specs will have a weaker ring. Or you can choose to upgrade them all little by little. It's up to you. The ring isn't required for progression, it's an added bonus.

Plus it doesn't transmog and will worthless next expansion. You know full well the proc will stop working at 110 like the cloak stopped at 100.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    You have two dps specs so this doesn't affect you massively. This really affects the one or two guys in every raid who are flexible and willing to switch between roles as needed. It penalizes those guys and instead in effect basically urges raid leaders to bench them for alts who can get the ring faster when the raid calls for one fewer heals or a different tank. It's dumb... having people who can switch is a good thing, allows rosters to be more flexible and smaller, and in turn means fewer guys end up on the bench.

But as I hinted earlier, I think the addition of the legendary quest is the single worst change to WoW I've seen since I started playing, so I'm biased.
    Legendary weapons were just as bad. Instead of everyone having the legendary you have a specific group of classes who are instead poached to make progression better.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It saddens me to see people basically attacking the OP for making a valid point about Blizzard's laziness. But I guess Blizzard's laziness in this expansion is a dead horse at this point.

By the way, secondary legendary cloaks in MoP would automatically upgrade to the highest upgrade level you already had in your bags (i.e. 2/2 or 4/4 after that buff and you had your first maxed out), so it's not "something they didn't have a system for". There is zero reason to penalize multi-spec players in this specific case. Gear drops are one thing, but upgrading an item that already takes 20 weeks to max out is a very unique situation.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    It saddens me to see people basically attacking the OP for making a valid point about Blizzard's laziness. But I guess Blizzard's laziness in this expansion is a dead horse at this point.

By the way, secondary legendary cloaks in MoP would automatically upgrade to the highest upgrade level you already had in your bags (i.e. 2/2 or 4/4 after that buff and you had your first maxed out), so it's not "something they didn't have a system for". There is zero reason to penalize multi-spec players in this specific case. Gear drops are one thing, but upgrading an item that already takes 20 weeks to max out is a very unique situation.
    That's not how cloaks worked when I got mine and I don't remember that at all, even after a year of SoO.

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    That's not how cloaks worked when I got mine and I don't remember that at all, even after a year of SoO.
    Sorry for your loss? My first cloak copied the upgrades from the epic at Siege's launch (2/2). DPS cloak later on after the 4-upgrade patch was fully-upgraded after using Breath; didn't have to spend a point of valor on it.

EDIT: Also, my alt mage's cloak was 2/4 upgraded when I got it on that toon and I hadn't even touched the epic besides looting it from the quest to then proceed from there. Presumably at least 2 upgrades were given free after that one mini-patch, as a base.
    Last edited by The Cheat; 2015-09-10 at 04:55 AM.

15+ Year Old Account

Players have to make a hard choice. Blizzard shouldn't trivialize that decision because you want to play multiple specs. It's a bonus item at the end of a long quest. Punishing us would be requiring us to do the questline in it's entirety for each spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Players have to make a hard choice. Blizzard shouldn't trivialize that decision because you want to play multiple specs. It's a bonus item at the end of a long quest. Punishing us would be requiring us to do the questline in it's entirety for each spec.
    In this scenario I don't even really think the functional aspect matters. No matter what you tell players, if they can only upgrade one ring it means they're going to tend to not want to play their other spec as much because they will feel it is inferior. The psychological aspect here can't be ignored (and it probably would be a functional aspect if rings were relevant before top guilds had already cleared the content).

Really, I don't understand how anyone can defend someone needing 40 weeks to max their gear while others only need 20. This isn't even an RNG or progression, it's just quality of life.

Sorry for your loss? My first cloak copied the upgrades from the epic at Siege's launch (2/2). DPS cloak later on after the 4-upgrade patch was fully-upgraded after using Breath; didn't have to spend a point of valor on it.

EDIT: Also, my alt mage's cloak was 2/4 upgraded when I got it on that toon and I hadn't even touched the epic besides looting it from the quest to then proceed from there. Presumably at least 2 upgrades were given free after that one mini-patch, as a base.
    Even if it did work that way, which it easily could have and I might be mistaken, the current system does not fuck people over. It simply doesn't. Making it so that you couldn't have an OS ring would be fucking them over. I said earlier I'd prefer a different system but the current one certainly did not fuck me over for not giving my offspec a bonus. It made my offspec SLIGHTLY worse than my main spec and that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Not equal grounds though. A lock can play 3 specs without any penalties, but a healer, tank or druid/shaman dps can't.
    It will all be fixed when spec based artifacts will require everyone to either 'make a hard choice' and/or have the option to grind more.

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    What if you have 5 main characters? Since you can have two MAIN specs, we'll take it a step further. I know people who raid at a high level and have 5 characters that they play regularly and are willing to swap out for progression purposes. They have 5 mains, it's not fair that they have to build 5 rings AND choose offspecs!!!!!

See, where does it end?
    If they have 5 characters that they care enough to get optimally geared, there is nothing stopping them from doing so. They can kill Archimonde one a week on each character and upgrade all their rings.

If someone has 2 (or more) specs that use distinct rings, they can only upgrade one of them a week no matter what they do. It's a pretty dumb system IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by squall14716 View Post
    If they have 5 characters that they care enough to get optimally geared, there is nothing stopping them from doing so. They can kill Archimonde one a week on each character and upgrade all their rings.

If someone has 2 (or more) specs that use distinct rings, they can only upgrade one of them a week no matter what they do. It's a pretty dumb system IMO.
    I don't disagree with the system not being the best, I just think saying it "screws players over" is a GROSS exaggeration and completely hyperbolic.