Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Las Vegas police officer shot in 'ambush-style' attack

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/06...ed-to-survive/

The mainstream media is reaping the benefits of its Anti-police narrative now. If this keeps up, instead of normal police officers on the street, we will see militarized Police, carrying Full automatic weapons, and other military style gear. I cant help but wonder, is this what the President and the Media wanted all along?

10+ Year Old Account
    The president? What exactly did he have to do with this? Are you suggesting that, because he is black, he is responsible for these heinous crimes?

Also, the media doesn't 'want' anything except for ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    The president? What exactly did he have to do with this? Are you suggesting that, because he is black, he is responsible for these heinous crimes?

Also, the media doesn't 'want' anything except for ratings.
    He has made more then a few remarks to the press about the Police. Calling Police "stupid". He has spoken up n defense of criminals before, Brown, Martin etc. He made a career as a Activist and community organizer being anti police.

President definitely fueled it. Someone that holds a high seat of authority should never take a stance against another party when all parties are the people that you lead. As a figure of authority his word fueled the fire. But he not only to blame. And as for cops walking around with military style gear...im all for it if it keeps these lowlife thugs in check

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    He has made more then a few remarks to the press about the Police. Calling Police "stupid". He has spoken up n defense of criminals before, Brown, Martin etc. He made a career as a Activist and community organizer being anti police.
    He's also made more than a few remarks against police killings. Sometimes the police act stupidly, and should be called out for it. Other times people act stupidly, and should be called out for it. I see no hypocrisy here. You're going to extreme lengths to justify your radical position on this topic.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Anti-police narrative? You mean the reporting of the minority of police officers that are shooting and harassing people as if they were Judge Dredd?

The only narrative I've seen is from places like Fox News that has intentionally created a racist narrative to make sure unless the black person was as perfect as Jesus, it is perfectly fine to shoot them on sight.

In regards to the militarization of police, where have you been for the past 2 decades? Heck, my own local police department is running around in military gear and heavily armored vehicles, and we have no serious crime to speak of. You are way late to bringing that up.

And what does the President have to do with it? Absolutely nothing, but that is another narrative being brought up places like Fox News, so it must be true, amirite?

In regards to the actual event, I hope they throw the book at the shooter.

In regards to the safety of police officers, this year they are on track for being one of the safest years. Did Fox News tell you that of the police officers that have died this year, 13 died of heart attacks, 19 died in car accidents, and 3 died because of 9/11 related illnesses?

So far this year, 26 police officers have been shot and killed in the line of duty this year (and every one of the shooters should have the book thrown at them). Last year, 48 police officers were shot and killed in the line of duty. The average over the past decade is 53.9 per year.

In fact, most years, more police officers commit suicide than are killed in the line of duty. What we really need to do is get them better access to help, not better access to more weapons.

I cant help but wonder, is this what the President and the Media wanted all along?
    Yes, because asking for police accountability is totally the same thing as suggesting that they should be murdered in the streets.

Even though one officer was shot, the other officer jumped out of the car, chased the suspect down on foot and captured him. Police didn't shoot a bullet.

Good news!

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    If you haven't realized that all of the civil unrest caused by, black vs white, gay vs Christian, Black vs Cops, Christian vs Muslim, all the shootings and violence in the US are being fueled by the media on the behalf of the government then you're blind. They want a reason for more gun control, they want people to riot and attempt a "civil war" the more it happens, the more rights they can take away, the more power and control they have. They'll let it get so bad that marshal law will be declared and most of the military will go along with it to "protect their families" from all of the enemies being created this mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    If you haven't realized that all of the civil unrest caused by, black vs white, gay vs Christian, Black vs Cops, Christian vs Muslim, all the shootings and violence in the US are being fueled by the media on the behalf of the government then you're blind. They want a reason for more gun control, they want people to riot and attempt a "civil war" the more it happens, the more rights they can take away, the more power and control they have. They'll let it get so bad that marshal law will be declared and most of the military will go along with it to "protect their families" from all of the enemies being created this mess.
    Should be pointed out that violent crimes are on a downward trend and have been for awhile. News reporting on violent crimes on the other hand, is way up.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

all the shootings and violence in the US are being fueled by the media on the behalf of the government then you're blind. They want a reason for more gun control, they want people to riot and attempt a "civil war" the more it happens, the more rights they can take away, the more power and control they have. They'll let it get so bad that marshal law will be declared and most of the military will go along with it to "protect their families" from all of the enemies being created this mess.
    Take off the tin foil and back away slowly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being a cop their lives are often in the line of fire, I don't see this as having anything to do with anything unless there is evidence to suggest otherwise, and "Oh these people are complaining or angry about racist cops treatment of black people along with the justice system" Doesn't qualify.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

That's right man, it's THEM! They're all in on it! And you know this is just an excuse to disarm us so the Muslims can come invade! Muslims and the lizard people too! Just getting us ready with chemtrails and fluoride in the drinking water!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Anti-police narrative? You mean the reporting of the minority of police officers that are shooting and harassing people as if they were Judge Dredd?

The only narrative I've seen is from places like Fox News that has intentionally created a racist narrative to make sure unless the black person was as perfect as Jesus, it is perfectly fine to shoot them on sight.

In regards to the militarization of police, where have you been for the past 2 decades? Heck, my own local police department is running around in military gear and heavily armored vehicles, and we have no serious crime to speak of. You are way late to bringing that up.

And what does the President have to do with it? Absolutely nothing, but that is another narrative being brought up places like Fox News, so it must be true, amirite?

In regards to the safety of police officers, this year they are on track for being one of the safest years. Did Fox News tell you that of the police officers that have died this year, 13 died of heart attacks, 19 died in car accidents, and 3 died because of 9/11 related illnesses?

So far this year, 26 police officers have been shot and killed in the line of duty this year (and every one of the shooters should have the book thrown at them). Last year, 48 police officers were shot and killed in the line of duty. The average over the past decade is 53.9 per year.

In fact, most years, more police officers commit suicide than are killed in the line of duty. What we really need to do is get them better access to help, not better access to more weapons.
    Karl Rove's strategy number 3, man.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post

Ask a LEO how he feels today. If he feels that his/her life is in more danger now after August 2014.

Problem solved. I guess the POTUS and the "mainstream" media are trying to kill all the cops. I guess we can move on then.

ISIS should take care of these #blacklivesmatter vigilante assholes...

It's funny because they think they're helping their "movement"... when they're just clarifying what it really is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ask a LEO how he feels today. If he feels that his/her life is in more danger now after August 2014.
    "The empirical numbers do not back up my narrative, therefore, I will switch to relying on "feels""

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert View Post

It's funny because they think they're helping their "movement"... when they're just clarifying what it really is.
    What is more funny is the person is a Hispanic male. Keep trying to connect the dots, doh.

Meh we live in dumb times but they are not that bad just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert View Post

Was an Hispanic male and he targeted police because he was mad at trump. Black lives matter is worse then the Taliban. Not excusing this just shocked because how would hurting cops effect trump? Especially hurting comps as a Hispanic male because some of trump followers will assume you are an illegal. Which just helps trump further his point...

When people ask why obama doesn't give his opinion on things early on. Its probably because assuming shit and being wrong makes you look like an ass. He learned that after Trayvon and Michael Brown.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2015-09-07 at 09:07 PM.