Mistweavers, help me understand extend life mechanics and velharri

So backstory: I was asked to step up into a healing position this tier and bench my ele shaman. I've picked up a mistweaver and I am doing "ok."

Have managed to contribute enough to not worry too much but now we just started mythic tyrant and I am just not pulling my weight. So I'm turning here for help.

Any constructive criticism is welcome! Please also bear in mind that I am 6 tomes away from legendary ring and the only healing trinkets I currently have are HWF class trinket and mythic intuitions gift. As we are done with heroics outside of arch should I be pugging for some other trinkets instead? Let me know.

As I don't really post on here I cannot include logs however I could PM them to people I guess? Or if you are really bored/helpful you can just look up my monk "Sifuiroh" on (US) Arthas - horde

- - - Updated - - -

also does anyone know how many posts it takes before you can include links?
    Last edited by Rastafaree; 2015-09-08 at 05:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastafaree View Post
    As I don't really post on here I cannot include logs however I could PM them to people I guess? Or if you are really bored/helpful you can just look up my monk "Sifuiroh" on (US) Arthas - horde

- - - Updated - - -

also does anyone know how many posts it takes before you can include links?
    Can't help you with your mistweaver question, but you need 10 posts so you can post links. Or you just separate the link with space, or link the /reports/XXXXX

Deleted
    Hello Rastafaree.
    Extend life: Think of it like beacon of light (paladin ability) - your uplift / enveloping mist will cleave heal onto targets with extend life on them. So you should try to apply this debuff on people that in general will take more dmg in specific periods of time.

Class trinket: The trinket is very situational, and will only work slightly good on fights where heavy aoe healing is required (council, maybe gorefiend, maybe tyrant).

Gear: You really need spirit on all your items (your ring)

Talents: I suggest you spec chi brew for more mana regen, and a more controlled gain of chi.

Deleted
    Extend life is perfectly explained in this video, in addition to the "trick" of using it as a flash heal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17_oR4PQmG0

There are some differences with Extend Life on Tyrant that causes it to not be as good as on other fights. Well, to be specific, the difference is with uplift, but it directly affects extend life as well.

Normally, when you have uplift on a full health target, that target is ignored when it comes to the 6-target cap for uplift. Uplift normally does 165% SP to each target up to 6, then after that it splits it evenly at the cap. With 6 targets at 90%, you'd have 990% SP healing, 165% each. With 7 targets at 90%, you'd still have 990% SP healing, but only 141.43% each. In both cases, your extend life will also do 990% SP.

Once you add in targets that have ReM on them but are at full health, that is when Extend Life starts to get really powerful. With 6 targets at 90% and 1 target at 100%, you'd have 990% SP to the injured targets, but also 165% healing to the full health target. In fact, every additional target gets 165% SP. With 6 targets at 90 and 6 full-health targets, you end up doing 1980% healing, and all of that goes straight into Extend Life.

On Tyrant, the debuff from p2 reduces the maximum % of your health pool you can use, not your maximum health. This means that everyone is counted as being below full health, which caps your uplift, and thus your Extend Life, at 990% SP no matter how many people are at "full health" after the debuff.

I think there was also something weird with Enveloping Mist not copying properly to Extend Life if it was full absorbed, but I don't have the logs for that in front of me at the moment and it may have been fixed anyway.

As far as trinkets go, the class trinket is pretty much useless. It requires changing our play style in a bad way to be effective and even if you do make that change it gimps the rest of your healing.

If you want to pug for trinkets you have a couple options. There's a spreadsheet here that ranks the trinkets on their theoretical numbers. There is some debate among MWs as to whether this list is correct in practice versus theory, but it's a good guide. As you can see, the leech trinket from Xhul is by far the best trinket. If you can get that even on normal, it would be a good combo with Intuitions Gift for basically any fight. The Phylactery from Socrethar is debated a lot, but it's not going to be a "bad" trinket regardless. My personal favorite here is the Auto Repairing Autoclave from Blackhand. Haste is more important this tier with the amount of spirit and multistrike we can get and the amount of spirit and proc haste the trinket offers is great.

Really it's a toss up for your second trinket of whatever you wanna get and if you can get your hands on multiple ones to swap for certain fights then you're golden. Definitely get that leech trinket if you can though because the class trinket is pretty garbage with our 4pc.

Yea I have been using chi brew for most fights however I had noticed other MW's using power strikes so figure i'd give it a shot. Looks like I will have to go and pug for the trinkets though >.<

- - - Updated - - -

Also we do blackhand once a week for the mount so I guess I'll keep my eyes open for the trinket next time as well. Also thank you all for the help explaining the extend life.

- - - Updated - - -

here's the report for yesterday's mythic tyrant attempts: /reports/wNVnGpBLzX3hWxgD

any help would be greatly appreciated

Your healing spread looks fine, but you should know that logs are a little artificial on Velhari. During phase 2 when everyone's max health is reduced, any healing at all counts as effective healing. That's why the top parses for that fight are around 200k HPS.

You really just need to get rid of that trinket because it's really going to gimp your healing until you do :P

Ok. I actually had an autoclave sitting in my bank i must've rolled on for shits and gigs. but why is the class trinket so bad? on stack up fights like phase 2 tyrant shouldn't it be good?

I believe the math came out to it requiring to hit 7 targets at a minimum in order to get adequate effect from the trinket. That's not totally impossible in specific fights such as feasts in Gorefiend or P2 Tyrant, but even with that it still requires you to use only soothing/surging/enveloping meaning you are missing out of uplift casts, extend life, and RJW. All of this isn't even taking into account that the trinket will be largely worthless in P1 and in P3 on Tyrant. Overall just a poor trinket for how mistweavers are currently built.

makes sense. also I added you on battleswag so lets chat later today!

Also with the trinket we literally do no effective healing p2 if you want full targets since you'd have to soom the non font group, asides from the edicts which extend life is better

Just a tiny addition to what was said about the class trinket, not only is it not beneficial to the playstyle and phases 1 and 2, but you're also losing out on the benefits of the alternative trinket that you could be using. If that other trinket has spirit and a decent equip/proc (autoclave or UFE for example) the gap just gets wider.

Specifically on Velhari, Extend Life allows you to pump big heals (150k-250k per uplift) on the debuffed target, while still AE healing.