Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Someone enlighten me what to do on Xhul (mythic)

Yo,

I have been checking on warcraftlogs and there seems to be mixed between Fury/Arms on Xhul - Mythic. I have tried both with around 50 pulls and I still can't get my damage up. We wipe usually around 2-3 minutes. I know that I am getting Fel Surge very often which declines the performance, but I'm still unsure. What can you recommend in terms of spec, trinkets, talents, etc? I have been going with schockwave for the imps and the interrupt glyph for the damage boost. Please enlighten me!

Thanks.

If leap and charge are on CD then stay on the edge of his hitbox so some other sucker gets the fel surge. Go fury if imps are alive for the duration of your bladestorm.

Deleted
    Really depends on what your raid needs.

The last phase is a race to finish the boss before he finishes your raid, so if you struggle there you'll probably want to go arms.
    The first 80% heavily favor Fury as the adds are the biggest priority and they need to die quick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemenia View Post
    Really depends on what your raid needs.

The last phase is a race to finish the boss before he finishes your raid, so if you struggle there you'll probably want to go arms.
    The first 80% heavily favor Fury as the adds are the biggest priority and they need to die quick.
    This. We currently progressing it also and getting to 20% now. Ill probably switch back to Arms for the Execute burn now that Imps are dead fast.

Arms is probably the a good choice if your guild is fluttered with AoE. It is nice to have a lock portal to the green pool so you can game walking there, heroic leap, and taking a portal.

Shockwave if you are assigned obviously

I'd quote most of the top warriors in this forum and go with "bladestorm harder"

I ran Arms as bloodbath + shockwave + ravager. You can get some crazy damage since you'll have 3 rends ticking for a good portion of the fight + an insanely strong execute. Our other Warrior ran Bladestorm as Fury, Until we were consistently getting into execute phase and then he swapped to Arms.
    Last edited by Thugonomics; 2015-10-22 at 09:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thugonomics View Post
    I ran Arms as bloodbath + shockwave + ravager. You can get some crazy damage since you'll have 3 rends ticking for a good portion of the fight + an insanely strong execute. Our other Warrior ran Bladestorm as Fury, Until we were consistently getting into execute phase and then he swapped to Arms.
    I would advice to use AM over ravager. With AM you are able to squeeze 3 recklesness in (1x at start, 1x for execute phase vanguard/omnus, 1x execute phse boss)
    Also, at least for our guild, you are able to use bloodbath on execute phase for vanguard, and it will be up again for execute phase on omnus.

I would suggest trying out arms on the boss. I mean, I think everybody's first thought of the boss was/is fury, but give arms a chance and the only thing you need to keep on your mind is: 1. Keeping rend on all the big mobs(and maybe the imp you are targeting) and 2. Keep GCD open for when imp reaches 20%.
    Warrior Armory
    Twitch Stream
    Warrior DPS Hellfire Citadel Guide (Spreadsheet and Videos)
    BattleTag: fuguki#2456

[IMG][/IMG]

Arms is very good for Xlull , but you will se big damage in moment when first big add get to 20% , then Arms sky rock everyone

If you need more add damage, go Fury with BS/AM equipping Chorus and Horn.
    If you are fine on add damage and cant get full bladestorms off, then go Arms and just cleave it up with Unending Hunger and Class trinket.

Fel surge is just another thing you have to do, and how often you get it affects your dps greatly, especially if you are Fury and get Surged before bladestorm. If you have Heroic Leap up, then just ride it till the last second then jump, since there is a slight half sec delay before the fire is laid once the debuff ends. Your RL will probably get nervous watching you, but fuck it.

I agree with what Jaybee said, but one thing I'd like to note is that you should never switch from Class trinket as Fury on this fight. The extra haste you get is simply too good when you're meat Cleaving. If you want to be able to Execute the mobs, or interrupt them, simply get yourself some Mouseover Macros. Playing this fight without Class Trinket is super frustrating.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    I agree with what Jaybee said, but one thing I'd like to note is that you should never switch from Class trinket as Fury on this fight. The extra haste you get is simply too good when you're meat Cleaving. If you want to be able to Execute the mobs, or interrupt them, simply get yourself some Mouseover Macros. Playing this fight without Class Trinket is super frustrating.
    I like that alot, actually! Do you prefer horn with class trink for fury?

Class+Horn. Sure you won't ever reach 30 stacks on any of the small adds (unless your group really sucks on AoE, in which case you have other issues), but for that matter you can't guarantee that you'll get a cleave off either. All in all your damage on this fight on this fight should be about equal to an Arms warrior, assuming your raid ain't heavily stacked with other classes who can demolish the Imps. If you do you may as well play Arms and help kill the bosses faster.
    My Stream

That would totally depend on your raid comp. You almost never get full stacks of the Fury class trinket if your doing the fight right UNTIL 20% when there no longer are any adds(however if the imps are dying inside your bladestorm, so you don't have to single target them down I would totally run the class trinket as fury(or be a scumlord and just cleave from boss(you will cause wipes doing this)) Most of your range dps should be kill the Voidspawns, so you can't rely on them for huge amounts of AOE.

I gave it a few pulls, trying to use the cleave trinket+class trinket, i could never keep any form of high stacks. Give it a try yourself, do whatever you feel is best after few pulls on each.
    Each kill i just ran cleave+burn trinket, your overall dps almost always depends how many times/when you get targeted for Fel Surge(mouse over intervene macro is very nice to get out if you don't have heroic leap. you don't want to be that person who puts fire close to the boss.)

**I can't wait to be arms for this fight, with all the mastery i have**

P.S. I HAVE A DREAM!! THAT MY EXECUTE WILL CRIT FOR OVER 1,000,000 WITHOUT DAMAGE MODS(EXCLUDING THE RING)

I'm quite certain of myself when I say that it's close to impossible to lose your stacks on the Class trinket if you play the fight optimally. If the imps don't die during the Bladestorm, which to be frank they should, then you simply continue on with Meat Cleaving, which doesn't require you to switch target. If the imps are still alive you may also be in need of a single target interrupt on them, which is also super easy to do by simply getting yourself either a mouseover macro, or a macro that automatically focuses one of the imps for you and then using a focus interrupt.

Only time you ever should consider hard switching is for the second big guy, when he drops below 20% and there are no adds up, as if there's 3+ targets up you'll lose damage by using execute. This switch is not required tho, as you can do the same thing you can with the interrupt, you can use a mouseover macro for Execute. Seeing as how all the boss mobs on this fight share the same HP pool any damage you do the the big add will also be done to the boss, and vise versa, meaning you gain absolutely nothing by hard switching, in fact you lose quite a lot as you'll be in need to restack your class trinket twice.

All in all if you find yourself as Fury on this fight you should always use Class Trinket + Horn, assuming you have those two on a reasonable level. If you play this fight correctly you'll never lose your stack of 10 on the class trinket, and you'll be close to top on every mob of the fight, with the possible exception of the void add depending on how your guild does the fight.
    My Stream

Other question:
    After T18 buffs some while ago, do we still use T17 (assuming Mythic) for Meatcleaving or T18 on Xhul?

T18 is king on Xhul. Even if you only use bloodsurge proced WS's, it's still enough of a reduction for you to be able to pull off several reckstorms per fight, where as with T17 you'd get at most two, and then most likely no reck for Execute.
    My Stream

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    Other question:
    After T18 buffs some while ago, do we still use T17 (assuming Mythic) for Meatcleaving or T18 on Xhul?
    Don't use t17 for anything anymore, you're never out of rage with class trinket and while it can be annoying that you, statisticly speaking, only crit 3 in 4 BTs, xhul is the only fight where you'll want to meatcleave for the majority of the fight but arms behind because of that sweet storm every 50 seconds.

Personally, On Xhul, I always dodge Fel Surge, perk of having shockwave and bladestorm.

Later on in the fight it becomes increasingly likely that you may end up with a felsurge, but like mentioned before if you have leap up warlock portal up, class trinket wont reset.

Only time you ever should consider hard switching is for the second big guy, when he drops below 20% and there are no adds up, as if there's 3+ targets up you'll lose damage by using execute. This switch is not required tho, as you can do the same thing you can with the interrupt, you can use a mouseover macro for Execute. Seeing as how all the boss mobs on this fight share the same HP pool any damage you do the the big add will also be done to the boss, and vise versa, meaning you gain absolutely nothing by hard switching, in fact you lose quite a lot as you'll be in need to restack your class trinket twice.

Actually sir you are wrong about targets here, You should always target the big add when they are still alive, as they are not marked as "boss" target and are lvl102. This means they got less armor and we are supposed to hit them harder / meat cleave harder.