Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    it would have just been balanced differently, in its current state its pretty lackluster for destro and pretty bad for the majority of the fights in hfc.

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    Assuming the same numbers that would have made the trinket absurdly overpowered. 20% passive crit for > 90% of the fight? Balanced.
    Let's be real the trinket should have had a chance to proc an instant chaos bolt with each incin cast

Ok i have a quick question after reading multiple threads here and looking at some logs of some high rated locks:
    I currently have have a 726 fragment, 726 piston, 726 DSI, 715 PoF, 706 DTU and a 700 GSR (yes all wf except GSR and PoF)

Thats the setup how i run HFC:
    Assault: GSR/DSI
    Reaver: Piston/DSI
    Kromrok: Fragment/DSI (Destro, would go Piston as Aff)
    Council: Fragment/DSI
    Kilrogg: GSR/DSI
    Gorefiend: GSR/DSI
    Iskar: Fragment/DSI
    Socre: GSR/DSI
    Tyrant: Piston/DSI
    Zakuun: Piston/DSI
    Xul: GSR/DSI
    Manno: PoF/DSI
    Arch: Fragment/DSI

So my question is:
    Do I always run with the Fragment as Affl on ST or is my Piston better?
    And do I run Piston over Fragment on Council to substain an easier 100% dot uptime? (or even just dmg wise)

Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    And do I run Piston over Fragment on Council to substain an easier 100% dot uptime? (or even just dmg wise)
    Imo, definitely Fragment over Piston, especially on council.

And then still Sac over Supre even with less Drain Soul casts? (Supre on Council ofc)

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo, definitely Fragment over Piston, especially on council.
    Havent used it since i donthave it but the other warlocks in my guild have told me fragment is awful on council. Even thinking about it I don't see how reapplying dots constantly while having to move for reaps and the blood stacks is even feasible

Made by dubbelbasse

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    Havent used it since i donthave it but the other warlocks in my guild have told me fragment is awful on council. Even thinking about it I don't see how reapplying dots constantly while having to move for reaps and the blood stacks is even feasible
    Fragment is absolutely a pain to play with but it is not awful for HHC at all. It really shines on that fight, in terms of overall DPS.

As soon as Gurtogg dies it's ok, but a 3 target fight with class trinket is not a fun experience..
    Last edited by Walrock; 2015-09-24 at 08:40 PM.

The majority of Council is a 2 target fight. Just because it's slightly more challenging to keep up DoTs doesn't make Fragment at all bad. On the contrary, I don't know why you would ever give up the reduced tick period + shard regen.

The Warlocks in your guild are straight up wrong (and possibly awful), Fragment is very strong on council.

Atm im runing with HC Fragment + MY DSI for affl and MY DSI+ MY WF Gorens for destro...liking both choices altho considering swaping GSR for stage 6 sandmans...how does it fare on destro tailored fights?

Quote Originally Posted by Ptolemay View Post
    Atm im runing with HC Fragment + MY DSI for affl and MY DSI+ MY WF Gorens for destro...liking both choices altho considering swaping GSR for stage 6 sandmans...how does it fare on destro tailored fights?
    Nah, if you have at least a mythic GSR you should absolutely not switch it out for Sandman's.

Definitely non-standard choices, most would say GSR/DSI for both. Are you going Affliction on Archimonde?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaman View Post
    Definitely non-standard choices, most would say GSR/DSI for both. Are you going Affliction on Archimonde?
    PoF for the add waves, spamming waves and toc's in the imps gave me good results.
    And its easy enough to maintain the stacks on arch while still switching for the adds.

Deleted
    As soon as Gurtogg dies it's ok, but a 3 target fight with class trinket is not a fun experience..
    yeah thats true and i think that is the reason why a lot of locks dont like to use it or atleast thats why i dont like to use it, but with that said, multidotting on council makes your dps skyrocket but in reality, atleast on progression, you'd prolly be better off just single target dpsing coz each time you reapply dots, you loose drain soul uptime and you'll do less dmg on your main target but it comes down to what you prefer.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok i have a quick question after reading multiple threads here and looking at some logs of some high rated locks:
    I currently have have a 726 fragment, 726 piston, 726 DSI, 715 PoF, 706 DTU and a 700 GSR (yes all wf except GSR and PoF)

Assault: GSR/DSI
    Reaver: Piston/DSI
    Kromrok: Fragment/DSI (Destro, would go Piston as Aff)
    Council: Fragment/DSI
    Kilrogg: GSR/DSI
    Gorefiend: GSR/DSI
    Iskar: Fragment/DSI
    Socre: GSR/DSI
    Tyrant: Piston/DSI
    Zakuun: Piston/DSI
    Xul: GSR/DSI

So my question is:
    It is hardly (if ever) mentioned in these Trinket discussions, but I use ivl 715 Sandman's Pouch over Mythic GSR. It sims higher on my tests and is only slightly behind Heroic DSI.

Just wanted to point that out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaman View Post
    Sandman/DSI sims higher than GSR/DSI
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Sandman's is never mentioned because practically it's way behind GSR.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    It is hardly (if ever) mentioned in these Trinket discussions, but I use ivl 715 Sandman's Pouch over Mythic GSR. It sims higher on my tests and is only slightly behind Heroic DSI.

Just wanted to point that out.

- - - Updated - - -

Sandman/DSI sims higher than GSR/DSI
    #SimsMatter
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>
    Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Streaming and recording all Legion progress, Shadow / Warlock PoV

I would never go off sims and use that as your 100% go to. Personally I am 725 item level 9/13 mythic.

Assault Destro DSI/GSR mythic(socketed)
    Reaver Affliction DSI/class trinket
    Kormrok Affliction DSI/class trinket (I go Cata for hands)
    Council Affliction DSI/Class trinket GoSup because of the less downtime on Drain soul
    Kilrogg Destro DSI/GSR or class trinket ( I go downstairs also pulling around 210k dps)
    Gorefiend Destro DSI/ GSR or class trinket
    Iskar Destro DSI/Class trinket
    Soc Destro or Affliction DSI/Class trinket or FRP mythic
    Fel Lord Affliction DSI/ DUT mythic (haste proc is nice) I'm going to try out class trinket this next reset.

Xhul Destro DSI/class trinket or GSR ( still progressing)

At least an idea what i'm doing for mythic. Normally I'm parsing around 90%, but it also depends on your raid comp and your job in the fights.

Sandman's is never mentioned because practically it's way behind GSR.
    That may be true, but a lot of people will not have GSR and may want to get a feel for the Pouch stacks up against other options. Or if Mythic GSR > Sandman's, they may want to know how Sandman's stacks up against the Heroic version.

I personally don't have GSR or UGOS...so I'm usually running Pouch/DSI for Destruction fights.