Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Even if you look at Mr. Robot they use stat weights from Ghadda, which i'm not sure why he or the site has Crit so low. Mastery, Crit, and Haster are so close in reality there isn't really much of a difference to say one is far superior than the other.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atroxe View Post
    #SimsMatter
    I have used both and ilvl 715 Sandman gives me better performance than M:GSR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    Sandman's is never mentioned because practically it's way behind GSR.
    So you've tested it?
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    I have used both and ilvl 715 Sandman gives me better performance than M:GSR.

- - - Updated - - -

So you've tested it?
    There's absolutely no argument for using Sandman's over Mythic GSR. If you're getting better results with Sandman's, chances are you're doing something wrong.

The trinkets have roughly the same uptime, but you only benefit from Sandman's for one window every 2 minutes, whereas GSR is pretty much guaranteed to proc once a minute, and you're able to double proc it on pull. Meaning that if your Sandman's procs during an awkward time, you're more or less fucked until the ICD is over. Not to mention that GSR gives you more passive intellect, and only marginally less crit on the proc.

Deleted
    How come fragment is better than piston on single target for affliction (reaver/zakuun/tyrant)? People have been telling me to use fragment only for the council fight and for the other fights to just use piston or mythic DUT. I have mythic DUT, heroic piston and heroic fragment. Which ones would you recommend?

For destro I've been using mythic GSR for most fights. I'm still trying to figure out which fights to use fragment on.

Quote Originally Posted by Callie View Post
    How come fragment is better than piston on single target for affliction (reaver/zakuun/tyrant)? People have been telling me to use fragment only for the council fight and for the other fights to just use piston or mythic DUT. I have mythic DUT, heroic piston and heroic fragment. Which ones would you recommend?

For destro I've been using mythic GSR for most fights. I'm still trying to figure out which fights to use fragment on.
    If I remember right, only the Mythic version of fragment beats mythic piston on ST as aff. DUT is good if you can get some fast kill times (will be / already is a great trinket for speed kills).

For Destro, you can play Fragment on Gorefiend, Kilrogg and Iskar if the adds live long enough but even now I'm still playing GSR on these bosses because of the chance of getting well-timed procs (I also have a mythic fragment). Any other boss you should be GSR or be a different spec entirely.
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>
    Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Streaming and recording all Legion progress, Shadow / Warlock PoV

If I remember right, only the Mythic version of fragment beats mythic piston on ST as aff. DUT is good if you can get some fast kill times (will be / already is a great trinket for speed kills).

For Destro, you can play Fragment on Gorefiend, Kilrogg and Iskar if the adds live long enough but even now I'm still playing GSR on these bosses because of the chance of getting well-timed procs (I also have a mythic fragment). Any other boss you should be GSR or be a different spec entirely.
    Heroic Fragment has been 100% better than a Mythic Piston for Affliction in my experience, even on single target. The extra shard generation on it's own makes up for any (theoretical) DPS loss, even though in practice I haven't found there to even be one.

Quote Originally Posted by zvvl View Post
    Heroic Fragment has been 100% better than a Mythic Piston for Affliction in my experience, even on single target. The extra shard generation on it's own makes up for any (theoretical) DPS loss, even though in practice I haven't found there to even be one.

lol 100% a bit of an overstatement maybe?

Yeah, I mean I wouldn't really know to be totally honest. Once I got a mythic one, my decision making was pretty cut and dry.
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>

Atroxe, is the reason you're using fragment/dsi on Mannoroth because your fragment is mythic? Wouldn't UGoS be a better option typically? I only just got my mythic fragment last week, and am sitting for Manno this week so I can't test it myself, but I'm curious why you wouldn't use UGoS on the fight.
    Warlock - Nimynn <Might>

Quote Originally Posted by Noldor View Post
    Atroxe, is the reason you're using fragment/dsi on Mannoroth because your fragment is mythic? Wouldn't UGoS be a better option typically? I only just got my mythic fragment last week, and am sitting for Manno this week so I can't test it myself, but I'm curious why you wouldn't use UGoS on the fight.
    I don't have a UGoS yet. I'd probably use that + DSI if I had it.
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>

lol 100% a bit of an overstatement maybe?

Yeah, I mean I wouldn't really know to be totally honest. Once I got a mythic one, my decision making was pretty cut and dry.
    Not 100% as in two times as good, but 100% of situations

Quote Originally Posted by zvvl View Post
    Not 100% as in two times as good, but 100% of situations
    Come on Firepimp, I expected better wording from your sentences.
    Kappa
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>

Come on Firepimp, I expected better wording from your sentences.
    Kappa