Poll: What do you think about ritual cards?

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb New mechanic: Ritual/Fusion

Greetings champions! Hope you're all fine and dandy today!

So, Yu Gi Oh! used to be a thing (nowadays it's decreasing in popularity, at least where I live), but there is one card, or even better, a combo in Yu Gi Oh! that I love: Exodia.

If you don't know who Exodia is, here it is: Exodia.

I think that the idea of having a mechanic where "when you have xyz cards in hand, you summon a powerful minion" is pretty nice. Fusion effects are also nice, and we have seen a little bit of it with this guy:

Yea, I know, "HE'S NEVER PLAYED BLALBBLAB" but having a mechanic like that is pretty cool.
    Let me demonstrate some of my thoughs here:

First: new Class and NEUTRAL type of spells: the ritual/fusion cards.

I made one for the monks (who, sadly, are not yet implemented in the game):

Here are the three sisters (I forgot to make Lia a monk card, but still):

The Keyword Ritual means that the card can be played via a ritual spell, like the Pandarian Ritual.

This is not supposed to be balanced or anything like that. I'm just posting some of my ideas.

I think that new ways to combo with your decks are always welcome. This is one of them.

What do you think?

See you soon!

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea, i don't like their art though.
    This is same thing with the new tgt cards, they look way to good compared to older cards, you can see the difference in cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I like the concept, but unfortunately I think it's too strong given how some classes can draw through half their deck by midgame.

Deleted
    I really like the art on those Monk Cards. Do you have a source for those?

In terms of idea - I am pretty sure we will see stuff like this if they want to make more themed-/named cards. Maybe even outside of Legendaries.

Atm I don't think so. In few years? Probably. Until then - I like the idea. I think you'd have to make Anti-Combo-Deck-Cards too. Because from the one example you posted it would be crazy powerful. At least "some" kind of counter. Maybe a Force-To-Discard-Card. Which they will probably implement at some point.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post
    I really like the art on those Monk Cards. Do you have a source for those?

In terms of idea - I am pretty sure we will see stuff like this if they want to make more themed-/named cards. Maybe even outside of Legendaries.

Atm I don't think so. In few years? Probably. Until then - I like the idea. I think you'd have to make Anti-Combo-Deck-Cards too. Because from the one example you posted it would be crazy powerful. At least "some" kind of counter. Maybe a Force-To-Discard-Card. Which they will probably implement at some point.

Here it is kind sir!

Great idea. Been thinking about it myself a few times as I've played Yu Gi Oh! years ago as well. I'm just still not sure how it could be implemented without being under powered or overpowered even though your idea is very interesting. Great work on the cards.