Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Got a Blackrock Bulwark recently. Only epic I've seen in a long time.

between all of my toons i make around 5k'sh just off of vendoring salvage yard crap so yea theres not another building that is better than it, if you like gold

I've honestly been pretty lazy - I don't send out on useless level 100 xp missions anymore and I've been lazy about breaking down the crates. I had gotten a couple ilevel 665 items that sold for 10-15K many months back and since 665 is fairless useless anymore, i just haven't bothered - and honestly, haven't even played that toon that much (only 100 with a real garrison going).
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Got a Teebu's the other day, sold for 5k, had 6 or 7 665 boe's since the start of WOD, probably made somwhere around 70k selling those and greens to the vendor.

Deleted
    Opened 900 crates yesterday. 1x 665 Epic. Might have been my 5th since 6.0.

All i get is scrap and maybe some upgrades for followers.

Recently only a Blade of Hanna and a Sealing Heartstaff.

Before the nerf, nice items were abundant and commonplace for me.

Deleted
    Got something like 20 slots full of salvage.. Should open them soon, need more room in my bags ..

You can still make great money with the salvage yards. Less than in 6.1, certainly, but well worth the effort.

That said, I got rid of salvage yards on all my alts too. I have 4 million gold from garrison stuff, I don't need to be opening hundreds of boxes and wishing for the sweet embrace of death. All those boxes in my alts inventories were taunting me, like all that great TV saved up on my DVR that I never seem to watch.

Still got Salvage Yard on all my chars (11x 100 on main server). I save them up for a month and then open them all, so I'll be opening 3.2k+ crates/bags tomorrow. I make about ~500k gold each month, not sure how much of that is from the Salvage Yard, but I suppose it is a fair bit of gold, so I still think it's worth it, at least, even though others might not.

I have so many sitting in my bank I'm sure one of those crates has something good in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    First or second week into WoD I got an epic ring that I sold for 18k. Nothing but greens and the occasional blue since.

I think at this point you'd get more bang for your buck by having a JC hut instead. Free 200 gold every 3 out of 5 days!

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Salvage Yard was too good an option to not take it, so Blizzard being Blizzard instead of nerfing it somewhat made it completely garbage.

Popped ~150 crates plus a stack of bags, got:

28 pc xmog gear @ maybe 200-300g ea (nothing particularly valuable this time)
    1900g from vendoring various things
    ~500 trade goods (herbs, ore, etc)
    some dust from DE xmog gear
    a ~200g worth of follower upgrades most of which i will vendor

So that's maybe 10k worth of "stuff." It's not super awesome but I don't know why I would want to just throw it away, and that's for about 15-30 minutes of "work" running around and opening/vendoring/DEing/mailing stuff.

In general I only keep gear for resale if its anticipated sell price is at least 20x its vendor price, and is at least 150g.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have like 70 salvage boxes in my bags.

I'm unsure.

The occasional older item that sells for good gold for moggers, but that's mostly it. Just selling the stuff does give decent gold, but I still keep an eye out for any interesting looking items. Problem is, I haven't really figured what to replace them with I suppose any profession hut with a worker for making those daily missions for gold.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Got A purple mail belt that sold for 5K

10+ Year Old Account
    Ever since the Salvage Yard nerf, I have only looted the Scabbard thingy (On use trinket) as a semi good item.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Ever since the Salvage Yard nerf
    People say "the Salvage Yard nerf" like there weren't 4 or 6 of them.