Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

PUG raiding has never been this bad, why?

Because non-raiders have nothing to do, so "let's try this raiding thing" and... yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pug Raiders would be a bit later if mechanics could actually kill them. Pugs from lfr are like ouch that hurt...mommy!!!! please heal me...Thank you...touches the stove again..

Pug raiding has never been better. Pugged multiple heroic bosses last week and went 8/13 on a character who had not done HFC heroic yet and was just empowered baleful gear.

Maybe lower groups are like that, join ones with higher ilevle req

7+ Year Old Account
    Because group finder. Back in SoO, you would have to seek out 3rd party tools like Openraid or oQueue to pug. This helped filter out *some* of the super casuals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivion666 View Post
    Because non-raiders have nothing to do, so "let's try this raiding thing" and... yeah.
    I dunno what you're talking about. It's always been that way. Everyone who enjoys raiding has moved into heroics. So normals are gonna take a little longer as a result
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Noruego View Post
    Because group finder. Back in SoO, you would have to seek out 3rd party tools like Openraid or oQueue to pug. This helped filter out *some* of the super casuals.
    It also came tied to a reputation system that the current group finder is severely lacking.

7+ Year Old Account
    A lot of it is that more progressed raid leaders require people to have already completed 10/10 heroic, even if they have only done it once so they can have an easier go at it. The lower end PUG raids are mostly people that have not stepped food into a raid before and do next to no research on the fights or mechanics before trying to join and hope to be explained every little detail.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Blizzard has just attracted a lot of shitty players and it's gotten worse over the last 2 expansions.

Deleted
    Mythic is way harder than 10 heroic, which was easily puggable, at least the first half of the instance. The other difficulties, I haven't noticed any difference, managed to pug heroic just fine and kill Archimond heroic several times.

Anonymity creates a " I can do what I want" attitude.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I've noticed it in every expansion and even in vanilla. The longer an expansion goes on, the worse the pugs become. The good players blow through content, get bored of stomping everything they see, and quit leaving the less skilled players who are not able to rampage very well. Stick around another couple months and on average you will be clearing fewer bosses in PuGs than you are now.
    When work feels overwhelming, remember that you're going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Noruego View Post
    Back in SoO, you would have to seek out 3rd party tools like Openraid or oQueue to pug. This helped filter out *some* of the super casuals.
    Unlike today when you get kicked straight after joining because you dont already have the Archimonde class trinket or 4 piece tier!

Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    Unlike today when you get kicked straight after joining because you dont already have the Archimonde class trinket or 4 piece tier!
    I pug like 3-4 raids a week on different characters and have not had this happen a single time. I'm sure it happens, but I'm positive it isn't a common thing.

Deleted
    I cannot make myself do alt raids unless it's something guild related, not quite sure if it's the players or the raids, but surely something has changed. Although 1 year of SoO was bound to make alot of people know the encounters, even if they weren't as dedicated as they could have been.

Pug raiding in this expansion is probably the best pug experience of all time for wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    I think Blizzard has just attracted a lot of shitty players and it's gotten worse over the last 2 expansions.
    This is what I think, Pug raiding wasn't that great. But it was very sociable in TBC / Wrath & I had no problem doing it into Cata.

But since Firelands I havn't bothered to do it, I don't hate it just never felt any need to do it. Like with the way the raiding system is in WoD, pugging should be amazing (Well for what I want to do atleast it isn't) I use to gear up alts on my own time through pugging & now it just isn't worth it any more imo. I just see to many people looking for carries or loot whoring everything.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2015-09-09 at 09:26 AM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

PUG Raiding has been a bad experience for me due to Raid Leaders who did not read the fight, did not watch the video but demand that everyone else did .. so they can get a free ride, but watch what they're doing and watch Recount and you can see how clueless or atleast uncaring they are personally.

Combine Raid Leaders who know nothing about the fights, with the ever rising number of toxic players who can't wait even 5 minutes into a PUG to start throwing a fit to the Raid Leader that he needs to "kick this scrub because he's trash" and well, I've wanted to do some raiding but when I ask myself, do I really want to expose myself to that today and ruin my good mood? My answer has been no.

My Little Miss and I just can't bring ourselves to bother with it and have moved onto other games. (Our guild is inactive and we have no desire to join other guilds due to wanting to play together and for the reason that more often than not, guilds do not have host a much better selection of attitudes except in rare cases -- and trying to get into a guild where we'd fit in is unlikely).

We're keeping our accounts active via farming and buying tokens with gold but we're not playing at all beyond that. It's a shame in the sense that we're both fairly solid players (correct specs, enchants, proper rotations, etc) but we just don't want to play anymore. The community has soured us both to it.

I dunno why everyone claims League of Legends is the most toxic community. Whether a good reason or not, I rarely see someone just jump down someone else's throat without provocation of some kind but in WoW, people go on a vicious attack out of nowhere, totally unprovoked. WoW is much worse these days.
    Last edited by Spiral Mage; 2015-09-09 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    PUG Raiding has been a bad experience for me due to Raid Leaders who did not read the fight, did not watch the video but demand that everyone else did .. so they can get a free ride, but watch what they're doing and watch Recount and you can see how clueless or atleast uncaring they are personally.

Combine Raid Leaders who know nothing about the fights, with the ever rising number of toxic players who can't wait even 5 minutes into a PUG to start throwing a fit to the Raid Leader that he needs to "kick this scrub because he's trash" and well, I've wanted to do some raiding but when I ask myself, do I really want to expose myself to that today and ruin my good mood? My answer has been no.

My Little Miss and I just can't bring ourselves to bother with it and have moved onto other games. (Our guild is inactive and we have no desire to join other guilds due to wanting to play together and for the reason that more often than not, guilds do not have host a much better selection of attitudes except in rare cases -- and trying to get into a guild where we'd fit in is unlikely).

We're keeping our accounts active via farming and buying tokens with gold but we're not playing at all beyond that. It's a shame in the sense that we're both fairly solid players (correct specs, enchants, proper rotations, etc) but we just don't want to play anymore. The community has soured us both to it.

I dunno why everyone claims League of Legends is the most toxic community. Whether a good reason or not, I rarely see someone just jump down someone else's throat without provocation of some kind but in WoW, people go on a vicious attack out of nowhere, totally unprovoked. WoW is much worse these days.
    Oh my.

You must not have played a lot of LoL, especially before all the automatic banning and tribunal stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    I doubt Blizzard is attracting many new players at all. Instead I think they have catered to the toxic side of what they had in an attempt to silence them. It has obviously failed. But of course it has continued down the path of falling on bended knee before forum whiners and flip outs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    Well man, guess what? That's YOUR damn fault. Nobody else. Because the FIRST thing you should be doing before joining a pug should be to check rl armory and wowprogress for his alts. If you see he has close to no experience, simply dont join that raid.

People complain that it's hard to pug but really most times it's just their fault because they just read description ("hfc hc full 13/13 no noobs") without checking if the person leading it has the skill to do so.