Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    But huntsman spiders gallop!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/22ec14751...7z94o1_250.gif

Warning if u be afraid of spiders!
    I think he is running that way because he is experiencing wheel spin. Poor thing is terrified

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    I think he is running that way because he is experiencing wheel spin. Poor thing is terrified
    spiders need to evolve launch control.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by az2d View Post
    Ikno but he said `spider season` that sounds horrific, I live in the Netherlands, its not a bad place tbh, I might see a fat creeper 2 times a year or so, and some small skinny ones but there not scary, its the fat big ones that freak me out.

but hey.. lets all take a moment and thank god that spiders don't fly
    Does seem to be a spider season in the UK atm as odd as it sounds, we've had a warm but wet summer ie its not been cold at all, thus lots of bugs (more than usual) thus lots more spiders than usual.

Thrown a big ones (for the UK) outside from the house and have one in my shed that's been there for most of the year, she's about the size of palm of my hand, he's good at keeping the moths out of the shed

Have no problems with them being about me, though I won't pick one up in my bare hand. The old hard wiring "be nervous of things that scuttle" kicks in then lol

and the ones I find usually are big enough that if they bit me I'd feel it, tho these spider rarely bite humans (bee sting like feeling I believe).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Pretty much, I have an irrational fear of crickets. I can't kill them, I can't relocate them.. no idea if it qualifies as an actual phobia but I am terrified of them. I can't even look at them, the image of one gives me shrills.

Spiders though I can kill or move them. I am scared of spiders but usually that has to do with the fact of brown recluses appearing ever so often. I've also walked into a black widow web once.. that was fantastic.
    I'm eternally grateful that the worst think I'd have to deal with is something nothing more toxic than a bee sting spider wise
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

10+ Year Old Account
    mint oil, from what I heard, is a good spider repellant, not sure if it works however as I have not tested it for myself.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Just import a single Australian spider, it'll keep all the other spiders well the fuck away from your house except when they arrive to pay tribute to their new overlord. You can easily keep track of a single spider the size of your shoe so you'll never be afraid it's hiding about to get you.

If you need help I can probably mail you one if you can pay for the shipping container to send it over in.

EDIT: Best part is, they've recently found some funnel-web spiders 25-30 years old so if you get a young one it could be a good long-term investment.
    That is unless its hiding in your shoe :P
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Deleted
    I've heard people say that placing a few conkers around the house can deter spiders. Never tried it myself though, so its probably just an old wives tale.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fly swatters work good. Never seen a spider run around after I uh... repelled it... with a fly swatter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    I like wolf spiders. No webs everywhere to clean up, and they're docile enough that you could carry them around without getting bit.
    Eh male wolf spiders don't bite often, female wolf spiders do and it hurts quite a bit. Had a wolf spider about the size of a half dollar, not counting legs. I didn't want something that size crawling around in my house, I wasn't going to pick it up, I smashed it with a bat. That was a mistake. My carpet turned black and started to move, countless baby wolf spiders were all over the place, luckily I had some insecticide, I doused my carpet with it and vacuumed later. The adult wolf spider though after getting smash with a bat and doused in chemical, skittered away, I eventually killed it with many more smashes.. most durable monster I've ever come across. Its smashed corpse was stuck to the tip of the bat. flattened it covered the entire tip of a full size bat.

I actually felt bad for it, wolf spiders do keep pests away but.. I don't wanna see it. Also seeing my carpet change colors and move.. was absolutely terrifying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toosdey View Post
    Fly swatters work good. Never seen a spider run around after I uh... repelled it... with a fly swatter.
    That is assuming the spider is on the wall. Most spiders are on the floor, corner or upholstery.. fly swatter won't kill them most of the time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Diatomaceous earth (outside) + Ortho Home Barrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Creem Pie View Post
    Dump oil around your house and light the match to set it on fire during the night. You will be well protected for the night.
    Set fire to the house while you're inside, and you'll be well protected for the rest of your life.

But seriously! Introduce spider-eating centipedes. If those get out of control, introduce centipede-eating scorpions.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Venom.
    Pun intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Do they leave the raid when it's time to progress on Maexxna, Beth'tilac and the like? And what about quest areas with spiders, like the one in southern Talador? LOL
    Actually, this was a major problem in early WoW. For a bit, I twinked at 19 cause I couldn't find a way to get through the twenties without going through a spider zone. I actually hired players so I could auto-follow them with my map full screened. Eventually, through a combination of focusing on my spell icons, blurring my vision, keeping the camera as zoomed out as possible, and just becoming more...accustomed to them over time, I get by.

Sony Pictures is pretty good at killing Spiders.