View Poll Results: Iphone6S announcement less than 24hours away what are you looking forward to?

Voters
162. This poll is closed
  • Looking forward to Upgrading and seeing the new options

13 8.02%
  • I more interested in Apple TV

4 2.47%
  • Meh! I am not in the market this years, but I'll watch

23 14.20%
  • Don't care apple sucks, NEXT!

122 75.31%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I couldn't care less about cell phones. Also, I chose the "Apple Sucks" option on the poll.
    It should be mentioned why Apple products suck. Lets stick with the iPhone's.

#1 They cost too much. Nearly every iPhone costs far more than an equal or better Android phone.
    #2 They're locked down. You're only allowed to do whatever Apple allows you to do. Which isn't much.
    #3 They have no SD Card slot. Yea some Android phones do this now but it's stupid. A 64GB SD Card is $20 off Amazon, not including the internal storage of the device.
    #4 They're usually behind in specs. Yes the iPhone 6S has 4k display but that'll likely just drain your battery for no good reason. The iPhone 6S also only has 2GB of ram. While the Asus ZenFone 2 has 4GB of ram, 64GB storage, and a SD Card slot.

Mind you I raise my eyebrows against Android phone owners who also spend that much for a phone. But why spend so much on a device that is no better than a cheap $200 or $100 phone? Especially when you're just going to put an ugly case on the thing cause dropping it is like watching $650 go out the window. Phones are volatile devices and you could easily lose it as well as break it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    #1 They cost too much. Nearly every iPhone costs far more than an equal or better Android phone.
    Nope, they cost just as much as any other Android flagship. Samsung, HTC and Sony all cost the same, if not more.

#2 They're locked down. You're only allowed to do whatever Apple allows you to do. Which isn't much.
    1. Subjective, this makes them far more secure compared to Android. People can and do prefer this.
    2. You can Jailbreak, just as you can root and have as much customization as Android.

#3 They have no SD Card slot. Yea some Android phones do this now but it's stupid. A 64GB SD Card is $20 off Amazon, not including the internal storage of the device.
    Irrelevant, most flagships don't include SD card slots. This isn't because of the phone makers, but because of Google dropping support and pushing makers into non-expandable storage.

#4 They're usually behind in specs. Yes the iPhone 6S has 4k display but that'll likely just drain your battery for no good reason. The iPhone 6S also only has 2GB of ram. While the Asus ZenFone 2 has 4GB of ram, 64GB storage, and a SD Card slot.
    Behind in what specs? Camera is arguably the best in the industry, build quality (at least as far as materials used goes) is arguably the best in the industry, etc. Also, A8/9 is far different than Android chips, dual core chips with huge single threaded performance vs 4/8 core chips with moderate performance. Go youtube "iPhone 6 vs whatever phone", you'll usually see Apple shitting all over everyone in speed.

iPhone 6S also doesn't have a 4K screen, not sure where you got that from.

Mind you I raise my eyebrows against Android phone owners who also spend that much for a phone. But why spend so much on a device that is no better than a cheap $200 or $100 phone? Especially when you're just going to put an ugly case on the thing cause dropping it is like watching $650 go out the window. Phones are volatile devices and you could easily lose it as well as break it.
    Because not everyone is poor with a low paying (or non-existent) job. With your logic, everyone should exclusively buy 6 year old used cars, cause well... They do the same thing. People have disposable income, they can spend it on whatever they want.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics