Deleted

Slow and fast weapon as Combat - which hand?

So lets say you have 1 dagger and 1 slow weapon as combat... both the same ilvl both the same stats etc, in what hand do you put which weapon then?

Slow in main hand if I'm not mistaking.

I believe Sinister Strike calculates off of your mainhand weapon damage, so you want the highest damage weapon in your main hand, which would be the slow one.

Could be wrong, though, but that's what I've been told. :P

In general: slow/slow or fast (main hand/off hand)
    Cleaving: fast/slow
    Killing Spree: slow/slow
    Last edited by Merope; 2015-09-09 at 05:40 PM.

All weapon damage for your attacks is referring to your main-hand weapon, unless specified. Due to both this and Combat Potency, slower weapons in the main-hand are preferred.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Deleted
    For more single target damage, it's:
    Slow/Slow

For cleaving, it's:
    Fast MH, Slow OH

I know it seems counter-intuitive to put Fast in MH, but on a sustained cleave fight (eg Maidens in BrF), your damage is coming from your Instant Poison procs, which occur more from Blade Flurry with a Fast MH. The OH in all cases should always be Slow, as there isn't any Rogue mechanic (Blade Flurry / Instant Poison) which benefits Combat spec with a Fast OH.

You wanna go for slow/slow in any given situation. The fast MH thing is proven to be not worth it at all except if there is like a lot of sustained targets for a very longtime.

If you got a dagger and slow wep, you wanna put the slow wep in your main hand and the dagger in your off hand. Since Sinister Strike and other abilities scales mostly of main hand dmg. But overall you want slow/slow because you want a slow wep in ur off hand aswell for Combat Potency which gonna make you generate faster energy.

You only want a dagger as combat under these situations: 1, you physically don't don't have 2 slow weapons. 2. you have 2 slow weapons, but the dagger's raw damage is higher because the ilvl is significantly higher than slow weapon. If that's the case, then it doesn't really matter what hand. Bear in mind, it needs to be like a 30+ ilvl difference for it to be a dps increase to have a dagger for ST. 3, you are cleaving, so the dagger goes in main hand. this is a nominal dps increase over equal ilvl slow weapon for cleaving.