Getting back in the saddle

Raided through out WOLK and into cata and now I am looking to to get started again before legion drops. I am in the US and am looking to spend around 1000 including OS. Will probably go windows 7 and take free upgrade. Unless that's not suggested.. Mainly i am going to play Wow, starcraft 2 and maybe some steam games. But nothing super demanding. I dont think ill be interested in overclocking mainly because i don't understand it. I dont need any fancy cases or lights. Main concerns of mine is Power supply, cooling and decent graphics. I would like to see decent fps in 25mans. Med-high settings.

Thanks so much!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-build-Read-me!

Include the following information when posting a request.

Budget
    Resolution
    Games / Settings Desired
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    Country
    Parts that can be reused
    Do you need an OS?
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?

Ideally include a list of parts, we see the same request almost every day. There are other topics that have parts lists that you can copy and modify.

Would be starting totally fresh don't have any reusable parts..

Include a monitor mouse and keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastynate View Post
    Would be starting totally fresh don't have any reusable parts..

Include a monitor mouse and keyboard.
    Doing housework, but if no one gets back to you before i get back, ill try to wo rk something up.

I'm going to go cheap (but still "servicable/good") on the monitor and KB/M to put the most cash into the rig. A better KB/M and Monitor is something you can save a few pennies for and upgrade later without a lot of trouble.

I'f you can swing a 90$ purchase -after- you build the rig (within 3 months), you can also stretch the budget more and install Windows for the free trial period and then pay for it later.

Also, do you live within a reasonable distance of a Micro Center?

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Doing housework, but if no one gets back to you before i get back, ill try to wo rk something up.

I'm going to go cheap (but still "servicable/good") on the monitor and KB/M to put the most cash into the rig. A better KB/M and Monitor is something you can save a few pennies for and upgrade later without a lot of trouble.

I'f you can swing a 90$ purchase -after- you build the rig (within 3 months), you can also stretch the budget more and install Windows for the free trial period and then pay for it later.

Also, do you live within a reasonable distance of a Micro Center?
    Sounds good man. I appreciate it. I can probably go that route with the windows.

Unfortunately the nearest micro center is 2 hours away.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastynate View Post
    Unfortunately the nearest micro center is 2 hours away.
    Ill do a price comparison. It may still be worth it, depending on the price of gas where you live.

They have some serioiusly steep in-store-only discounts on CPUs and MoBo's.

- - - Updated - - -

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/z8Kfzy
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/z8Kfzy/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($239.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($19.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($109.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($54.99 @ Adorama)
    Storage: Seagate 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive ($69.49 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 2GB SuperSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card ($189.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($35.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($55.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Monitor: Asus VH238H 23.0" Monitor ($114.99 @ NCIX US)
    Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($26.98 @ Newegg)
    Total: $918.39
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-09 16:37 EDT-0400

it says 918, but thats with ~55$ in Mail-In-Rebate factored in, so its just shy of your budget before MIR.

Will run most modern games at 1080p/High-Ultra and 30+fps no problems. usually 60fps.

OS not included (as discussed), but you can run it for 90 days before you have to pay.

Fairly future-proof (that i5 will overclock very well) as well. At least as well as you can be.

Thanks . I appreciate you taking the time to put this together. I am gonna check out that store and see how much itll save me to travel. I r cant wait to start building.