Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    I think Crackle could have taken the game much further had they known there was no mafia. It would still be a bitch of a road to climb, but they would have that much information at least.

A death miller or two may also have been necessary among the otherwise VT's.

I don't know. Xv1 just seems incredibly hard to balance. But I love the "Game of Cops" concept! I'll give it a 6, because conversation was really starting to get into it on D2, but we just got lucky

7/10!

The concept was pretty intriguing and although it ended earlier than expected if things had played out differently then I believe it could have resulted in Crackle winning purely based on cops with conflicting results lynching each other.

If I had to change something, though? I'd have had a 'backup serial killer' tied to Crackle. So that once Crackle was lynched a second serial killer would activate and we'd have to lynch them as well - though if we'd lynched them before Crackle then town would win outright.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game would have been better if Dupti didn't watch RET! Seriously, why would you watch ret.

I had fun shit festing with Graeham and a few others day 1 though!

5/10

Why wouldn't you watch ret? Scum first kills are usually based on reads (rarely), long-livers previous game (irrelevant here), or dangerous players. I'd have watched him too -- i guessed in my QT he was going to be an early kill.

My first thought omer was the same thing plane said: i would have given the SK more knowledge about the game structure. At minimum i would have told him there was no mafia (maybe leave him guessing about vig/joat, while easily deducing there would be multiple cops). I get not making him full ninja (thus defeating tracker role to discover him) and think the first investigate always innocent but not immune was a good call (and cause paradox on paranoid cop if he was first). His one-time no-track was good in theory but i probably wouldn't have used on N1 either UNLESS i had knowledge the chief was giving out suggestions (then can strategically use it on someone else during an investigate target round). Best case scenario for him was to use confusion until down to 3-5 v 1 and even then a crap shoot if he is lynched or not. He needed 6 nights to win -- that was still an uphill battle.

- - - Updated - - -

Another way to have played it might have been to give him 4 options: kill, invest immune, untrackable, rolecop. Pick 2 each night, and can choose kill twice if desired (obviously having neither of the two protections up if he does). If so i'd have made one of the naive cops an actual cop too. So now he can weigh his options on how safe he feels, cause confusion with "is there a mafia?", and slowplay when needed.

I'd probably also give 7/10. I liked the concept for a small game and sowing the ranks with a whole bunch of 'cops' would've made for a very interesting game. It's almost too bad Crackle just got got.

Kousoku of The Blueberry Brigade @ Uther | Mafia Record: T: 3/6 M: 4/5 SK: 0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    I decided I was killing Ret after post #51 night one.

Wasn't even based on reads. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    I decided I was killing Ret after post #51 night one.

Wasn't even based on reads. xD
    Yeah, you decided well before dupti attempted his gambit -- about 12 hours. You both seem to have independently decided on Ret, and for independent reasons at that.

But dupti's L-1 vote post set Ret up to purposefully be a controversial NK target. He just also happened to be the TPR to back it up.

Super unlucky there. There was no real information you had that suggested you were the town's only enemy, so no huge reason to change your NK target decision after dupti's post.
    Last edited by Planeshaper; 2015-09-14 at 06:06 PM.

I've played seven or eight games now and be a naive cop twice. Last time I got innocents on three scum and then got lynched. This time I got an innocent on the only scum.

I don't mind the idea of a cool gimmicky game set up but I don't think it was balanced well. I can't see the sk ever winning.
    Especially when everyone can mass claim and use the chief of police messages to confirm they're not faking. Chief of police automatically able to narrow down targets to like 5. And crackle didn't even know that was the game set up.

- - - Updated - - -

5/10 for creativity. I like new things but I found that hard to enjoy playing.

Crackle was a cop who got the chief message too pala....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    Crackle was a cop who got the chief message too pala....
    That was part of the mindfuck. The chief outright said that crackle was on his "list of people I know I can trust, trust me guiz."

Ah ok. That's a bit fairer. In that case the main reason I'm dirty about it is that I investigated him and then had no idea what was going on. But those are selfish reasons.

Next time a team of 7 doctors versus 6 mafia, but everyone know who the scum are but all doctors except one fail their protect so everyone had to wifom their targets each night.

Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    That was part of the mindfuck. The chief outright said that crackle was on his "list of people I know I can trust, trust me guiz."
    Hey... I said for now damn it. Seems everyone wants to ignore that part XD.

I figured we had scum in my deputies but I needed to know why I couldn't protect the other three..... Wouldn't have been an issue if I could have claimed what I actually was!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Largehorn View Post
    Wouldn't have been an issue if I could have claimed what I actually was!
    It's almost as if that would have made the game too easy or something. I should have said you were only allowed to claim VT.

Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    It's almost as if that would have made the game too easy or something. I should have said you were only allowed to claim VT.
    Oh most definitely not... at least this way I got to still claim doctor XD

so uh, after that one post. I may or may not have entirely forgotten about this game Q.Q sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Blood fox View Post
    so uh, after that one post. I may or may not have entirely forgotten about this game Q.Q sorry!
    Why you jerk! <3