Soul Capacitator and SEF

Okay, I've tried finding an answer for this question and I can't find it.

Usually, when I see a fight where I can through my SEF for that extra cleave, I will do it. This includes fights for both specs: ChiEx (i.e. Archimonde) or Serenity (i.e. Iron Reaver).

My question is do I have to be scared of throwing SEF on a target if I have Soul Cap up?

Can someone please give me some guidelines?

1. Do I equip the trinket in ChiEx preferred fights (like council?)
    2. Do I used SEF as I normally would on these fights, regardless of the spec?

I'm just so confused.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I talk about the trinkets on my blog if you'd like to look at all the options.

1. Soul Cap works fine with Chi Ex and Serenity. However, it does not include damage done by your SEF clone. Your clones will still do normal damage, but the damage you do will be absorbed like it normally would. You'd still do more damage than without SEF and Soul Cap: 55% + 55% + (55% x 130%) = 181% total damage. You just won't get the same level of increase from the trinket. So in most cases, a trinket like Mirror that doesn't lose damage due to SEF, will pull even farther ahead on that fight.

2. Yes, the decision to use SEF is based on strategy and fight mechanics. Choosing talents is also based on strategy and fight mechanics, but those decisions are mutually exclusive. If you'd use SEF on a target, you should use it regardless of CX/Serenity.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch