Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm kinda glad enhance is getting a hammer. I'm so over all the fist weapons. It was so annoying in HFC running with the BiS fist and using an Axe to pair it with. Mis matched my mog ������... Plus fist weapons disappear...

I'm not too fussed about the doomhammer itself, though. I kinda feel like it would have been better for us to craft our own legendary weapon. We could choose what weapons, what model, name it ourselves and make up our own backstory. This way we wouldn't be just getting a hand me down, that everyone else is getting which will make it feel generic imo. This way we are becoming legends, like thrall, but in our own right.

I think resto might get Rehgars fists.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I want Ele to have a large axe that sheaths on the back along with a tower shield.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    100% retcon. Even the look of the weapon is a retcon. It looked like this in Warcraft 1.
    That image was actually from the Warcraft 2 book that game with the game. It showed Orgrim Doomhammer cutting off the head of Blackhand and taking control over the horde as a result. So timeline is a little wrong but yeah that was the original look of the weapon.

And for those saying its just concept art that isn't canon, well, it was in the official booklet that game with the game so it's hard to get more canon than that. Book had lore snippets and stuff and when you have an official book stating official lore and it has pictures beside it, pretty safe to call it canon.

That said, the idiots at blizzard love to retcon. They do it more than any company I have ever seen. Entire backstories, races, history, they fucking change everything. That is why the lore in this game is garbage and a complete joke because they change it on a whim for little to no reason.

As for the main topic though, Doomhammer was never really a shaman weapon. It was primarily a warrior weapon and later given to thrall to use, not in some shamany way but simply to bash people's heads in as a warrior would.

The single most Iconic weapon for Enhance shaman that exists in this game is The Unstoppable Force honestly. When you saw a geared PVP enhance shaman wielding the unstoppable force coming at you in a battleground you KNEW you were beyond fucked because one windfury proc would instantly kill you. Honestly, THAT should be the weapon enhance shamans get. Rather than using doomhammer that has nothing to do with shamans aside from the fact a single shaman wielded it for a short while, vs a weapon that actually has historical significance to the class and actually inspired fear and awe to behold on the battlefield.

And it's true the unstoppable force was a two handed weapon instead of one handers, but what does that matter? Seems all these artifacts count as "one item" that functions as either one handed + shield, two hander, or dual wield depending on the class, so since they already have a single item counting as a type of weapon "set" that has been impossible until now, is it that much of a stretch to have a two hander work for enhance shaman again for this specific weapon?
    Last edited by Dasani; 2015-09-29 at 10:51 PM.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    I want Ele to have a large axe that sheaths on the back along with a tower shield.
    So that the Shield always covers the Axe or that the Axe clips through the shield?

Dagger

Am I the only one, who wouldn't mind the Elemental Shaman artifact would be a dagger?
    Apart from s1-s2 maces I always wore daggers and a shield as Elemental back in the TBC days.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvus View Post
    Am I the only one, who wouldn't mind the Elemental Shaman artifact would be a dagger?
    Apart from s1-s2 maces I always wore daggers and a shield as Elemental back in the TBC days.
    I hope that the transmog changes in Legion allow us to mog a mace into a dagger/fist and vice/versa.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    I hope that the transmog changes in Legion allow us to mog a mace into a dagger/fist and vice/versa.
    I totally agree with that

I hate when i'm forced to wear a dagger oO personal opinion. It doesn't fit with the whole "strength of the elements" style. The elements don't spike, they hammer you to the ground!

I always hated Doomhammer so I hope blizz changes their mind and no spec gets it and it just rusts somewhere forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanti View Post
    I hate when i'm forced to wear a dagger oO personal opinion. It doesn't fit with the whole "strength of the elements" style. The elements don't spike, they hammer you to the ground!
    Lore wise I agree with you there, tho I really like the dagger from challenge modes. Them is a bit darkish but the results are good. Who knows what they can make of it. On the other hand the 1h mace and axe look flawless aswell.

My hopes ar on a 1h Mace + shield for elemental
    Staff for Restoration shaman
    Doomhammer (sadly) for enhancement

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    I always hated Doomhammer so I hope blizz changes their mind and no spec gets it and it just rusts somewhere forgotten
    How can you hate Doomhammer? I think the story behind it is awesome. Even tho it belonged to a warrior, I think it's well fitted for shaman now.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmalina View Post
    Enhance rarely gets nice things can we have our moment for a change? All i'm reading here are selfish ele players.
    Neither does elemental, so take your qq home
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Some people mis-use the word "iconic" lately. Yes, Doomhammer is a Shaman weapon, but in no way "iconic" to this class.
    Not even that. Doomhammer was a Warrior Weapon for years on years before the Horde even got to Azeroth.

But hey, I understand why people would like to wield it. Imo they should be able to because Thrall wasnt even Enhancement in WC3. He was the Farseer Hero. Which was a ranged Hero.

But yeah, I kind of understand, why people would like to use it. I personally don't care too much but I am not a shaman so yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    Neither does elemental, so take your qq home
    You've had a legendary in the past 5 years (Not counting the past 2 expansion welfare ones) enhance hasn't had anything since vanilla.

Let's not fight for wo's getting what, when don't know anything yet

I am also saying that because i saw a thread a few days ago which asked the question "what class has the best/worst community?".

Most people said that shaman had the worst one. It's worth mentioning most of them thought it was because what shamans went through (we have never three specs working), but it would be cool to be excited about what every class will get instead of "we had it worse than you so WE deserve XXX".

Just saïen. Peace my elements bending brothers.

Also, mace + shield for elemental.

I'm a bit torn becaue on one hand it's quite iconic since we are only caster dps to use a shield. And I do like many shields.

On the other, I also love 2h axe and maces. Love my flamegrinder. Some staves fit great too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

I have an idea for Elemental's Artifact:

Children of Therazane (mace/shield)
    -Go to deepholm to collect pieces of the bodies of Therazane's children, Terrath the Steady, Kor the Immovable, Diamant the Patient, etc
    -Have the stone dwarves of Deepholm (like stonefather oremantle) help you craft a mace and shield from pieces of their bodies, maintaining the height earthen spirit of the artifacts
    -Emblazon your weapon in the burnt out flames of Ragnaros
    -Empower your shield with the spirits of the demigods and loa of the trolls

etc
    Do not underestimate us.

Deleted
    I kinda like using 1h+shield as a caster dps too, but it's either us or resto (or if you want to go that way, Ele-resto-Holypala. Blizz maximizing the variety between all speccs now that itemization doesn't matter) who will get a dualwield combo for their spellcasting. Being that a shield is by default a more defensive piece of kit, I think it's more likely we'll be seeing something more unique to us.

We're one of only two offensive casters in the game who can use non-staff 2hers, and probably the most likely candidate to wield one due to our vanilla heritage and tribal-warrior flavah.

It can really go either way, but a reforged/variation on Sulfuras would at least be infinitely more fitting than the dreaded prospect of having to lug around a staff.. which is also a possibility. *shudder*
    Last edited by mmoc6b4d512d6a; 2015-10-06 at 11:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    That said, the idiots at blizzard love to retcon. They do it more than any company I have ever seen. Entire backstories, races, history, they fucking change everything. That is why the lore in this game is garbage and a complete joke because they change it on a whim for little to no reason.
    Dude, the lore in this game is awesome. They may have retconned some stuff, but the game and lore has expanded alot since its inception so naturally they had to go back and redo some stuff. Its still really good with tons of interesting characters and backstories. I love listening to Nobbel on youtube explain random bits of lore.

As for the main topic though, Doomhammer was never really a shaman weapon. It was primarily a warrior weapon and later given to thrall to use, not in some shamany way but simply to bash people's heads in as a warrior would.

The single most Iconic weapon for Enhance shaman that exists in this game is The Unstoppable Force honestly. When you saw a geared PVP enhance shaman wielding the unstoppable force coming at you in a battleground you KNEW you were beyond fucked because one windfury proc would instantly kill you. Honestly, THAT should be the weapon enhance shamans get. Rather than using doomhammer that has nothing to do with shamans aside from the fact a single shaman wielded it for a short while, vs a weapon that actually has historical significance to the class and actually inspired fear and awe to behold on the battlefield.

And it's true the unstoppable force was a two handed weapon instead of one handers, but what does that matter? Seems all these artifacts count as "one item" that functions as either one handed + shield, two hander, or dual wield depending on the class, so since they already have a single item counting as a type of weapon "set" that has been impossible until now, is it that much of a stretch to have a two hander work for enhance shaman again for this specific weapon?
    Thats true that Doomhammer was originally a warrior weapon and just given to Thrall, so its more of a signature weapon for Thrall and not all Shaman.

I would say Sulfuras was more iconic then Unstoppable Force in vanilla.... an Enhance Shaman with Sulfuras and WF was a force to be reckoned with, tho I guess very few actually had it while UF was easier to get.

I guess technically since we will only wield the Artifact weapon (Doomhammer MH and a "spectral" weapon for our OH), since there is no OH weapon they could technically put any weapon there, including 2H's, and as long as it don't mess with the animations it would still work. That's not a bad idea actually, but it won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvus
    Lore wise I agree with you there, tho I really like the dagger from challenge modes. Them is a bit darkish but the results are good. Who knows what they can make of it. On the other hand the 1h mace and axe look flawless aswell.

My hopes ar on a 1h Mace + shield for elemental
    Staff for Restoration shaman
    Doomhammer (sadly) for enhancement
    I dunno how I'd feel about a dagger, it seems like something a mage/lock would use while Shaman would use something more big and sturdy.

I'm assuming both Elem and Resto will have a 1H and Shield, with prob a different looking mace for each. Maybe even a fist weapon. Its possible one of the specs might get a staff, but since only Pallys and Shaman use a 1H+Shield combo they will prob work off that to make them more unique vs the staff which most other casters will get.

For Enhance, I'm OK with Doomhammer..... I like the look of alot of fist weapons tho and I'm sure there won't be many Fist artifacts so Enhance having one would prob be very fitting since some classic shaman use them (like the ones with the claw fists and wolf head mask). One thing I hate bout fists tho is that they disappear (along with the enchant glows) when you sheathe them, plus they have weird clipping issues on some races where they bend at weird angles. I would also not mind an iconic Axe weapon, as axes always look great and with the first Shaman being Orcs, axes are one of their staple weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    It's such a iconic weapon, same as Ashbringer, should be viable to all three specs. I bet some Restos agree with me that they want Doomhammer, don't care if it's a two hander or one handed (Prefer one-handed of course because of shield!).

But yeah, i'm jealous.
    I want an Axe and something that is i no way related to to Thrall. I want THrall to die of a stroke or a heart attack or in a battle where his death did not save the day

Wouldn't be surprised if we return to Isle of Thunder for our Artifact. Imbued with the power of the storm meeting Ra-den again since he didn't die and it was never confirmed that he leaves. Literally just says goodbye lol.

With an added joke, lets get that dagger from Isle of Thunder that lets you commit suicide because playing the spec makes you want to anyway.