Poll: Which do you prefer?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Tanaan v. Timeless Isle rares

Tanaan - Rares have a short spawn timer and are lootable once per day.
    Pros: Easy to target a specific rare, allows progression items (e.g. shipyard blueprints) to drop from rares

Timeless Isle: Rares have a long spawn timer and are lootable each time they are killed.
    Pros: Rare-hunting can be a long-term activity, encourages coordination

It looks like we will be using the Tanaan style going forward (https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/639487827034574848). Which do you prefer?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wregelmann View Post
    Tanaan - Rares have a short spawn timer and are lootable once per day.
    Pros: Easy to target a specific rare, allows progression items (e.g. shipyard blueprints) to drop from rares

Timeless Isle: Rares have a long spawn timer and are lootable each time they are killed.
    Pros: Rare-hunting can be a long-term activity, encourages coordination

It looks like we will be using the Tanaan style going forward (https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/639487827034574848). Which do you prefer?
    Much prefer the Tanaan respawn model, TI rares were downed within seconds. Can't say I prefer much else about Tanaan to TI though.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Much prefer the Tanaan respawn model, TI rares were downed within seconds. Can't say I prefer much else about Tanaan to TI though.
    The only reason Tanaan rares live longer now (they really didn't the first day's after 6.2 was released) is, because they aren't worth farming anymore - as due to high dropchance (and overall rather few rares of worth) most of those who wanted the collectibles already have them.

But well, at least the Tanaan rares fit the "login, do, logout right away" content style used for WoD.

I prefer Timeless Isle over Tanaan in general. But I can't say that I dislike Tanaan.

I would also prefer more informative and preliminary forewarning about rares. Not dissimilar to announcements for the ghost ship, but forewarning should be for all rares.

I don't see why you couldn't put progression items on TI style rares.

I think Tanaan puts a lot more creativity in how to get rares to spawn with all of those events, and it has a lot more cool stuff to get from those rares.

Prefer Tanaan. If you miss a rare, it doesn't matter because it'll be up in 30-60m or you can just cross-realm it in the case of the 4 main rares. If you missed a rare on TI and you were the one farming it, such as the Monstrous Spineclaw or the Imperial Python, then it was infuriating. Sure it would take you about the same time, but every time it spawned you had a good chance of missing it simply because everything had such a low TTK with the strength of Flex+ SoO gear and the fact that every rare had a better chance of dropping BoA tokens meant fully geared mains would be dropping rares in a a matter of seconds.

My favourite rares were the MoP pre-Timeless Isle rares. Longish spawn times, but dozens and dozens of them spread out all over the continent, offering not only cool unique rewards but also long-term valuable loot bags and other goodies that could be sold, used for professions, or sent to alts etc. I'm not at all fond of the daily lockouts on loot tables since it's a horribly artificial constraint on gameplay that arbitrarily holds back those who want to farm hard, and relegates the activity to more of a daily chore than an exciting hunt. Clustering rares around one location also results in the zerg of players rushing to kill them, which I'm not sure anyone finds particularly enjoyable.

Tanaan clearly.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I dislike WoD, I have to say that I really enjoy Tanaan, if only for the daily stuff. Outside of PvP servers, Timeless Isles was just meh. That being said, I do miss the Huolon camping.

I'd have to say that I prefer Tanaan, but I'd really like to see a hybrid of the two.

I prefer Tanaan. Just once in a day do I have to kill any rares I'm camping. With Timeless Isle, I feel like if I'm not logging back on every 40 minutes or so to check on Bufo, I'll miss him. And I've been camping that stupid frog since Timeless Isle's release. I also don't care for how Monstrous Spinecrawler, Death Adder, and the like spawn - connected to regular mobs of similar type.

That said, I do like the Zarhym event, as well as the crane statue and the purple spritewood events.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rather pick Tanaan Jungle than Timeless Isle.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

im like nearly 100% sure Timeless had like all the rares on a 1.5-2 hour respawn except a handful. . . >_>

Surprised at the Tanaan love. I hate the whole kill once per day and log out thing. My major gripe is the server hopping junk. Timeless model encouraged cooperation and server cohesion imo. To each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Surprised at the Tanaan love. I hate the whole kill once per day and log out thing. My major gripe is the server hopping junk. Timeless model encouraged cooperation and server cohesion imo. To each his own.
    Cooperation? Hahahaha, I don't know what server you were on but the only cooperation I remember seeing was a token "X has Spawned", usually through an addon, and then it was dead, again usually announced through an addon.

I enjoyed Tanaan's rare method actually, but Timeless Isle has better music.

Timeless hands down, it was so fluid and easy to pick up. Tanaan just felt like a giant clusterfuck to me.
    When work feels overwhelming, remember that you're going to die.

More pros to timeless isle:
    Boa tokens. Pets on some. Coins to buy more boa tokens. Lots of them in a small area that is easily traversed.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Boa tokens.
    Fuck yes, this. How did I forget this.

The content on Tanaan is far better, it actually looks somewhat thought out and designed, albeit boring. The timeless isle was complete shit that looked like it was wiped up in 15 minutes

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Rare items from Tanaan were MUCH nicer than Timeless. Getting the campfire from Bramblefell is like a 1 in 5 chance... or the mounts from the rares easily etc but getting a weather stone from timeless isle or mount from Huolon was ridiculous.