Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I NEED DIS GAIME @_@

so gud
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Any new news on this one?

Hoping one of you backers have some tasty info to toss my way.
    I got my backgrounds from the official website But yes nothing major still.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Getting the thread back from the dead - game is going to release on October 3rd. Anyone planning to buy it?

color me interested for sure, waiting on the Switch version. Guess I will be waiting longer than expected based on the last update, but hopefully it isn't too much further along.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Getting the thread back from the dead - game is going to release on October 3rd. Anyone planning to buy it?
    I'm definitely going to get it but apparently (according to a friend) for the Switch version it was held back for some reason and of course that's the system I wanted to buy it for. I don't know how true that is however. It's also $10 more expensive than PS4 and the other systems for some reason which I find annoying. I'll get it for PS4 if I have to but I'd much prefer to get it for Switch.

I'm definitely getting it - it looks like a solid RPG.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Will get it on steam I think rather than ps4. A lot cheaper on steam because I'm not sure of the expected play time

Does anyone know the expected game time for completing the game?
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-09-29 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triforcewolf View Post
    I'm definitely going to get it but apparently (according to a friend) for the Switch version it was held back for some reason and of course that's the system I wanted to buy it for. I don't know how true that is however. It's also $10 more expensive than PS4 and the other systems for some reason which I find annoying. I'll get it for PS4 if I have to but I'd much prefer to get it for Switch.
    Afaik from the emails they had issues with Unity or whatever the chosen engine is so they have some tech issues to solve before pushing the game for the Switch. I think they're just working for release on other platforms so when that is done they'll have more workforce on Switch version.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Will get it on steam I think rather than ps4. A lot cheaper on steam because I'm not sure of the expected play time

Does anyone know the expected game time for completing the game?
    Dunno. I suppose we're going easily over the 100 hours mark for 100%, story only i don't really know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Day-1 buy for me. Game looks amazing. Both gameplay and artistic style appeal to me.

Between this and 1 month later .hack G.U. remaster , my RPG needs will be filled for a while.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Afaik from the emails they had issues with Unity or whatever the chosen engine is so they have some tech issues to solve before pushing the game for the Switch. I think they're just working for release on other platforms so when that is done they'll have more workforce on Switch version.
    I think i've read somewhere that not only this game, but several other Unity based games had to be delayed on the Switch.

I'm a fan of the comics so of course I'm picking it up, but damn that is some sweet looking animation.

Hope the gameplay holds up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I'm a fan of the comics so of course I'm picking it up, but damn that is some sweet looking animation.

Hope the gameplay holds up.
    How would you rate the story telling of the comics? Big epic fantasy or charming etc

I'm definitely using garrison but garrison is a silly name so I'm gonna pretend he's guts from berserk

How would you rate the story telling of the comics? Big epic fantasy or charming etc
    In my opinion it is one of, if not the, best fantasy comics. But that more hinges on the fact that most fantasy comics are utter shit. Being honest, the selling point was always the artwork. But they are a good read and there's been collected editions made available over the years. I don't know if there's any recent printings of the collected editions but I think they are available digitally pretty much everywhere digital comics are available.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait... Finally a proper Turn Based RPG???!????!

Just pre-purchased it. the wait begins.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2017-09-30 at 06:25 PM.

For people in beta: do not worry - once the game gets released (and you have to redownload it :P) your progress is saved and transfered to the new version, so no spoiler alert and you actually don't lose anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Just pre-purchased it. the wait begins.
    ^this
    and yay for being german and havin holiday on october 3rd LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, I forgot this was coming out! I was a huge fan of the comics back when they first came out (always loved Joe Mad's artwork) and was always bummed that it just stopped after 9 issues. Just watched some gameplay videos online and I am super excited. The animations and artwork are gorgeous of course and the battle system reminds me of FFX with the certain actions take longer to activate and the attack order bar thing. While not my favorite FF game, I always loved that battle system. I just hope the game has a solid story to go with the rest.

This may be the first game in years that I actually buy day one.

7+ Year Old Account
    All pre-ordered and ready to go...well kind of. Cant download it yet have to wait for it to go live.

Not long now boys and girls, 18 hours to go. Keen as for some turn based goodness.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how the animations aren't silly over the top like 99% of games now, very clean and good looking. I'm interested :O

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I love how the animations aren't silly over the top like 99% of games now, very clean and good looking. I'm interested :O
    Do it! We need to support turn based all we can, I dont know why studios like square enix turned against it

10+ Year Old Account
    Do it! We need to support turn based all we can, I dont know why studios like square enix turned against it
    I love a game with turn based combat and good story, definitely gonna pick this up. I despise modern FF games.