I don't get the watch. Auto-capture? Doesn't that sort of undermine some of the excitement?
    I mean, when I come across a high level pokemon I haven't caught yet, it's a pulse pounding moment when it breaks out and potentially runs away.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoninaThorstone View Post
    I don't get the watch. Auto-capture? Doesn't that sort of undermine some of the excitement?
    I mean, when I come across a high level pokemon I haven't caught yet, it's a pulse pounding moment when it breaks out and potentially runs away.
    auto catch, doesent pick up stops, and wont work on pokemon you havent caught before... so its pretty shitty... i dont see the point in it...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    So, what's the deal with eggs? Why did I get a Rattata, Pidgey, and Weedle in succession in three eggs, the most common and useless pokemon in the game? Followed by a Pinsir in a 10KM egg, not worth the time, and since it doesn't evolve, completely useless, and I already have plenty of it.

Also, is there a way to get incubators? I feel like I get an egg about every other pokestop, but I ran out of uses on my other ones, so now all I have is one. Seems really unbalanced, forcing you to spend real money. Course, if I spend 10KM and get another useless pokemon, I guess there's no point anyway.

I did find a Ghastly on the way home, so there's that. Trying to save up evolves to get a bunch of XP. Almost level 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    So, what's the deal with eggs? Why did I get a Rattata, Pidgey, and Weedle in succession in three eggs, the most common and useless pokemon in the game? Followed by a Pinsir in a 10KM egg, not worth the time, and since it doesn't evolve, completely useless, and I already have plenty of it.

Also, is there a way to get incubators? I feel like I get an egg about every other pokestop, but I ran out of uses on my other ones, so now all I have is one. Seems really unbalanced, forcing you to spend real money. Course, if I spend 10KM and get another useless pokemon, I guess there's no point anyway.

I did find a Ghastly on the way home, so there's that. Trying to save up evolves to get a bunch of XP. Almost level 12.
    Google pokemon go egg tiers maybe ?:P You come off pretty angry in this thread mate, everything okay?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really hot and humid here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

It all depends on area. The mons from 10km eggs are usually those that are rare for some while not-so-rare for others. I got Pinsir outta 10km egg also and it's the only one I've seen so far. There should be one spot in Prague when they sometimes appear but that's it. Then again I got Eevee outta my 2nd 10km egg few days ago which made me mad as Eevees are quite common around here (thought it was CP411 so quite high for my lvl I admit that) but it seems some in this thread would be greatful if they got one.

Also don't forget that eggs give also candies (usually 20-ish) which are nice bonus for just walking around.

50,000,000 XP to reach the level cap? That makes old time hardcore unforgiving MMORPGs seem quite tame.

As an adult with a full time job, multiple children, and even with a wife who is enthusiastic about the game, at my current rate, I'll reach level cap in around 2.5 years. I just got level 23 today, but due to exponential requirements in XP, that's probably not even 10% of the way there.

But over 2 years? I mean, I'm higher level than most of the people in the town I live in (I see maybe a handful of 24s and 25s taking gyms, never anything higher, most lower). So if I'm in the top, say, even 30% of players, that means your average player probably won't see level cap for 3-4 years.

That's pretty damn optimistic of them to think they can hold a player that long. Either that, or they really didn't do the math very well.

Well it's possible that the xp required is with pvp in mind which might be nice xp income we just don't know yet about. The cap is probably not expected to be reached anytime soon (the original Ingress's lvl cap took some time too to reach) so there might be other ways how to speed up the process which ain't just implemented yet but are counted with already. After all if you remove the info we got from datamining the apk we have next to nothing in terms of confirmed information.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibúeanor View Post
    Well it's possible that the xp required is with pvp in mind which might be nice xp income we just don't know yet about. The cap is probably not expected to be reached anytime soon (the original Ingress's lvl cap took some time too to reach) so there might be other ways how to speed up the process which ain't just implemented yet but are counted with already. After all if you remove the info we got from datamining the apk we have next to nothing in terms of confirmed information.
    I foresee a lot of tweaking coming up. No matter how you spin it, 2-4 years for the average player is too long for any game concerning a level cap. Emphasis on average because I know some of you are pretty damn dedicated. But this board is generally a selection of the highest percentage of gamers; your average player doesn't go to message boards to talk about the game (typically).

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    I foresee a lot of tweaking coming up. No matter how you spin it, 2-4 years for the average player is too long for any game concerning a level cap. Emphasis on average because I know some of you are pretty damn dedicated. But this board is generally a selection of the highest percentage of gamers; your average player doesn't go to message boards to talk about the game (typically).
    the 40th level doesnt really matter beyond bragging rights, since pokemon stop growing after 30th level anyway, so I dont see it as an issue

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    the 40th level doesnt really matter beyond bragging rights, since pokemon stop growing after 30th level anyway, so I dont see it as an issue
    Good point. Is there really no difference? I thought that meant you wouldn't FIND them in the wild at higher power than level 30 equivalent, but that you could still raise them up with stardust and candy.

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Agree. Though the question is if average player will aim to reach "lvl cap" at all or will just play and be happy when he/she reaches it at some point. But yeah, 2 to 4 yrs is way too long. But as I said there might be xp gains we just don't know about yet which might make leveling faster.

Level 40 gives nothing, as people have mentioned. Perhaps it will be easier to capture high CP pokemon, but not much else than that + bragging rights.

What I hope they fix is more pokespawns in less populated areas. Had a walk today in my area, and it felt so dull after I had a cyber walk in Barcelona yesterday..
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Sounds nice, but not worth the 40€ imo =/
    basicly all it does is if you walk down the street, and a pokemon appears you have caught before, it viabrates, you then click the balls, and it turns green if it caught, red if you dident, if you dident you click the button again...

it removes alot of the fun, its nice for just catching pokemon... but the issue is it defaults pokeballs, and wont get pokestops... so out catching stuff is horrible..., since no stops, and only catch what you have before, and so far it seems like it wont warn you of a pokemon near by that you havent caught, like you could drive over 10 snorlaxes, then it catches a pidgey
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Met 3 Eevees just walking to the local store and back yesterday. That trip is about.... 200 meters. That was quite nice, except for the fact that I was out of balls QQ

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Their own sites says it does collect from Pokéstops though.
    http://www.pokemongo.com/en-us/pokemon-go-plus/
    The Pokémon GO Plus will begin to blink and vibrate whenever you're within range of a PokéStop. Press the Pokémon GO Plus button to search the PokéStop for items. If you find any items, swipe or tap them to add them to your inventory.

Deleted
    im playing this on my nexus 5x, and it sometimes it runs fine, other times this game breaks my phone. even if i have the app minimised, it brings my phone to a crawl so i cant even use chrome, i have to kill the app to be able to even use my phone :\ anyone else got similar issue of the game killing my phone even when the app is minimised? or know a fix i could try?

- - - Updated - - -

Also something weird with pokevision, if i use the PC version it shows basically no pokemon anywhere, even in the busiest spots in London, its only showing 2-3 pokemon max, but the mobile version shows a lot more, if i do the pc and mobile version in the same place at the same time, the mobile map shows 20x more pokemon :z so ive been using the pc version thinking my area was void of pokemon, but maybe its not!

saw my local gym last night had a cp 22 rat in it, how did such a low cp get onto the gym
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2016-07-28 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    saw my local gym last night had a cp 22 rat in it, how did such a low cp get onto the gym
    XP farm. Seen it here also a few times. Basically if two or more people from different teams make a deal they chain fight gyms and put low CP mons there. You get some xp for taking over the gym and with low lvl mon there it's one shot usually.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibúeanor View Post
    XP farm. Seen it here also a few times. Basically if two or more people from different teams make a deal they chain fight gyms and put low CP mons there. You get some xp for taking over the gym and with low lvl mon there it's one shot usually.
    Sometimes I put in my 42cp Magikarp when I take a gym, just to show em who's the boss. Then if they return to take it back I put in my 1.3k cp Vapenation.
    Last edited by Noxina; 2016-07-28 at 02:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Sometimes I put in my 42cp Magikarp when I take a gym, just to show em who's the boss. Then if they return to take it back I put in my 1.3cp Vapenation.

You don't mess with Magikarp!
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!