10+ Year Old Account
    Woo. So Pokevision is a bit shite, every time I see a pokemon on tracking and check that website, nothing shows up. Tried it just now with a Lapras, nothing, anywhere in town, scanned a few places including where I was stood.

Loaded the Pokenotify app, it scanned, told me there was a Lapras and it was around 115 metres away, 2-3 streets over, so I went and caught it, with a power up it's around 1390 CP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Does weather affect pokemon? Because water types are very rare where I am. It would be worth an umbrella walk to find some if it actually rained here anytime soon.
    Spawns aren't affected by weather. Far as I know anyway.

Plus, I live near water, they're my most common catches anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Woo. So Pokevision is a bit shite, every time I see a pokemon on tracking and check that website, nothing shows up. Tried it just now with a Lapras, nothing, anywhere in town, scanned a few places including where I was stood.

Loaded the Pokenotify app, it scanned, told me there was a Lapras and it was around 115 metres away, 2-3 streets over, so I went and caught it, with a power up it's around 1390 CP
    ? I just looked up this app. Does it scan?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoninaThorstone View Post
    ? I just looked up this app. Does it scan?
    It scans I guess in a similar way to Pokevision does, then feeds a notification to you that you can click on and it loads a Google Map image. You can select which Pokemon to get notifications for too. It gives a distance from you time the Pokemon will despawn.

For the Lapras, as I say, it turns out it was only about 3 streets over from me, a spot I know Pokemon do spawn too, but I've only had Zubats and Rattatas from that location.

So far as I'm aware, only available for Android currently though, maybe due to its interactions with Google Maps.

Deleted
    been thinking of using spoofing to get to pokestops so i can at least have some pokeballs, having to get a train somewhere to actually get a pokestop is such a hassle, i dont even do that for real shops most of the time. i have no interest in using spoofing to catch pokemon though, i dont mind walking around my area for that, but i read you cant do gps spoofing without rooting your phone? is that true?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vanya View Post
    Spawns aren't affected by weather. Far as I know anyway.

Plus, I live near water, they're my most common catches anyway
    i live near a river, in the middle of a big city, which apparently means 90% of pokemon i see should be water type :P

still never seen an eevee around here, been after one for ages and not seen a single one :\ saw one on the nearby tracker on the way to work last week, but couldnt find it to catch it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post

did you see my post above about pokevision not working for me? i found a reddit post that explained that it was because my PCs clock was 1min off, i fixed that and it works for me now, going to try that app though! there was a lapras 5min walk from me with about 8mins left on it earlier, but i was eating my breakfast in my undies, so i thought it wasnt a good idea for me run over to the library like that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    did you see my post above about pokevision not working for me? i found a reddit post that explained that it was because my PCs clock was 1min off, i fixed that and it works for me now, going to try that app though! there was a lapras 5min walk from me with about 8mins left on it earlier, but i was eating my breakfast in my undies, so i thought it wasnt a good idea for me run over to the library like that
    The thing is, it works, just not very well. I load it and it shows Pokemon others have found, I click various areas and it loads Ookemon without me even scanning, then I run scans to get more Pokemon onto the map.

Thing is, I did this from my phone before I went into my flat, then tried again on my PC, both times it didn't find the Lapras, though did find a Machop (which was too far away).

It found some Pokemon, but definitely not all, and definitely not the Lapras. Even after knowing where the Lapras was after using the app, it still returned nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Phone rooting is perfectly legal, and whilst I wouldn't say encouraged by Google, they certainly have no issues with people doing it. Apple I couldn't speak of though. Maybe other phone manufacturers are against it. If there's anything illegal about it, it's the circumvention of the protections that allow you to be able to root it, rather than the rooting.

The biggest issue is the chance you might brick the device.

Either way you could google how to do it with like 5 words (half those words being your device name/code)
    Last edited by Rixis; 2016-07-29 at 07:49 PM.

Which is better, Pokevision or the Pokemon Go Live Map?

i live near a river, in the middle of a big city, which apparently means 90% of pokemon i see should be water type :P

still never seen an eevee around here, been after one for ages and not seen a single one :\ saw one on the nearby tracker on the way to work last week, but couldnt find it to catch it.

Other than pidgey, zubat, and rattata, the common ones where I live are paras, rhyhorn, and actually eevee. I have over 10 evolved eevees. I'd say we have more of those than caterpie or weedle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Other than pidgey, zubat, and rattata, the common ones where I live are paras, rhyhorn, and actually eevee. I have over 10 evolved eevees. I'd say we have more of those than caterpie or weedle.
    You should use the IV calculator and find a 90%+ Eevee. Get a bunch of Vaporeons and you can dominate.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

been thinking of using spoofing to get to pokestops so i can at least have some pokeballs, (

Personally I feel as long as you spoof in your city and do not teleport all over the place you "should" be fine. I have yet to hear of any bans happening with Pokemon Go spoofing. Besides the Automated Softban people get for teleporting all over the place
    Last edited by sarym13; 2016-07-29 at 11:27 PM.

Finally hit level 9 and got a lucky egg. What's the pidgey evolve trick people are talking about?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Save up a bunch of Pidey/Weedle/Caterpies, like as much as you can, saving all the way to level 15 before starting to evolve isn't an issue, as the levels before that goes quick.

So when you hit 15, you should have a bunch of Pidgey/Weedle/Caterpie candy and Pokemon stored up, these only take 12 candy each to evolve, so you can get in a TON of exp if you have saved enough.
    Then you kinda just calculate how many evolves you can do with the candy you got, and try to even it out by transfering some Pokemon to get more candy and perhaps an evolve more. This website can help you calculate it: https://pokeassistant.com/main/pidgeyspam

Then you pop the Lucky Egg and start evolving as crazy, getting 1k exp for each evolve. Try to mix this up with some eggs that are about to hatch to get even more exp out of your egg.
    Depending on how many evolves you got ready, you could pop an Insense or a Lure on a Pokestop to get even more exp out of your Lucky Egg.

Hope this helps.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I just saved up enough evolves to go from 19-21 with one Lucky Egg, spent 28 minutes just spamming evolve, and the two last minute to hatch a 10km egg and two 5km eggs. Was a nice day.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    been thinking of using spoofing to get to pokestops so i can at least have some pokeballs, having to get a train somewhere to actually get a pokestop is such a hassle, i dont even do that for real shops most of the time. i have no interest in using spoofing to catch pokemon though, i dont mind walking around my area for that, but i read you cant do gps spoofing without rooting your phone? is that true?

there is a PC method so you don't have to do anything to your phone if you don't want to

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    You should use the IV calculator and find a 90%+ Eevee. Get a bunch of Vaporeons and you can dominate.
    Well, the Rainer naming trick only works once, I tried it again and failed. Yes, I restarted the app. I named it hours in advance. I got a lot of jolteons from my evoluton spree.

Anyway, I can already destroy almost any gym with a single vaporeon, sometimes two. I routinely take six to ten and collect.

I never checked the IV. Is the difference notable?

About a 10% difference in stats between poor and good IVs.

Well, the Rainer naming trick only works once, I tried it again and failed. Yes, I restarted the app. I named it hours in advance. I got a lot of jolteons from my evoluton spree.

Anyway, I can already destroy almost any gym with a single vaporeon, sometimes two. I routinely take six to ten and collect.

Its barely noticeable. Especially with the way the game works now it is a very minor increase. Still though, there is already little to do in the game. May as well farm good IVS. But as what is currently available in the game. IVS hold very little increase in performance.

wow they rebalanced the damage of almost every move (vaporeon got nerfed HARD) and they also rotated the pokemon nest spawns, I thought they didn't care but maybe there is hope for this game?

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Its barely noticeable. Especially with the way the game works now it is a very minor increase. Still though, there is already little to do in the game. May as well farm good IVS. But as what is currently available in the game. IVS hold very little increase in performance.
    How about moves? I never know which are good.

How about moves? I never know which are good.
    Moves are indeed where it is at. Not taking into account Pokemon types and what not, here is a list of the current best moves. https://www.vg247.com/2016/07/25/pok...battle-ranked/

Of course googling your Pokemon and looking up its potential moves will yield more results. But that list just shows the best moves DPS wise.