Poll: Do you preorder games?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Ummm, Binding of Isaac Rebirth was buggy as shit at launch, hell you couldn't even get real platinum God until like a week after launch when the game was patched 300 times to finally work. Vita version is still buggy, N3DS and Wii U versions are still crash city. Yea, some quality Nicalis sure is putting out quality

Also hilarious that Borderlands is made by Gearbox, yea the same Gearbox that "finished" Alien Isolation and Duke Nukem Forever. Quality right there!
    Uhmm... Really, all I need from games on release is to not crash every 10 minutes and to not lag a tiniest bit on my gaming supercomputer. Games I named were good in that department. Platinum god in the first week, really? Compare that to Watch dogs fiasco, that's how an unplayable game at launch looks like. (or newest Batman. or newest Assassin creed. etc, etc.).

What's wrong with Alien:Isolation and Duke nukem forever, though? I don't remember anything particularly bad with them.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I never pre-order games unless they are things I am absolutely convinced I will buy anyway. I'll pre-order Legion and I pre-ordered Legacy of the Void but other than that, never. ESO was a great game I pre-ordered but the launch was awful. Battlefield 4 likewise was good but had a shitty launch period. If I had waited a couple of weeks to buy them, I'd have enjoyed the game just as much and not dealt with that nonsense. Every other game I have bought I have had people personally recommend to me, often at length, or the game itself is on sale on Steam or has some good deal around it. Buying about $300 of DLC for Crusader Kings 2 for $20 on a Steam splash sale is a perfect example of how you can nab a brilliant game for a bargain price that you'd otherwise not bother with.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Uhmm... Really, all I need from games on release is to not crash every 10 minutes and to not lag a tiniest bit on my gaming supercomputer. Games I named were good in that department. Platinum god in the first week, really? Compare that to Watch dogs fiasco, that's how an unplayable game at launch looks like. (or newest Batman. or newest Assassin creed. etc, etc.).
    Nicalis is a shit developer, every version of every game they have ever released has been broken in some way at launch. Not being able to get plat god wasn't the only thing wrong at release, just the most stupid easy thing to miss that you can quality test with dev tools making you invincible and shows their lack of care. Shit pretty sure Cobaltstreak/RichardHammer had the game crash once every few hours during their marathon the first few days.

Edmund claimed Nicalis was the only dev he trusted with his IP, in reality they where the dev willing to give him the biggest cut of profits because they are garbage. Not just Rebirth, look up all of their games every single one shit at launch. They don't quality test ANYTHING. Wait on afterbirth to be hilariously broken next month... it's coming.

What's wrong with Alien:Isolation and Duke nukem forever, though? I don't remember anything particularly bad with them.
    lol, I will keep this short and simple because there are a million things wrong with both. Shit games with false advertising of gameplay that looked nothing like the game.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2015-09-17 at 06:54 AM.

Deleted
    No, with one exception: WoW addons.

Rarely, i only preorder Blizzard's CEs (i guess i'm still a fanboy) since Wings of Liberty, FF14's expansion for the early access and Binding of Isaac Rebirth and i'm going to preorder its expansion next month.... at least it has a 39% discount <.<'

The only games I recall preordering were TW: Shogun 2, Rome 2, Wildstar, and now Blade & Soul. Oh, and WotLK and Cataclysm, too. I don't think I'll be preordering anything else any time soon. Maybe FFVII remake, but that's years away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

I don't really care one way or another. Some times I do, because I just want to pay off a game and forget about it. Some times I don't, and just get it with no fuss.

Either way, I'm not smug when I don't, like the majority of gamers on the internet.

Deleted
    I don't preorder but what I wouldn't mind is, once the game has gone GOLD i.e basically completed, preorders are then up and I will most likely buy into the franchises I play which I used to do before for example FF12 back in the day, that game was basically done for those in the UK be able to preorder that game.

However I do not intend to pre order games that are still in development, they should use their own money for that, give em money during development, it becomes a bad habit.

Only if it's almost a guarantee that it'll be decent.

So, not often.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Last and only game I pre-ordered long in advance was Skyrim. I've also purchased the WoW expansions online a few days before launch, but I don't really consider that pre-ordering. As a whole I think it's a fairly shitty practice consumer-wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rarely. Usually when the company has proven itself in previous games I dare to pre-order. For example, I'd never, ever pre-order anything from Gearbox (see Aliens: Colonial Marines).
    Last edited by Santti; 2015-09-17 at 07:38 PM.

I do with WoW xpacs, but other than that I play pc games the vast majority of the time and I wait for them to go on a Steam sale. (Haven't paid over 50% of the game's starting price in forever.) Just can't justify the expense when I have so many games to play already.

Some pretty lame answers...

Anyway, I usually pre-order if its from a series I love and know will be good. Only ever been screwed once pre-ordering from a series and ending up with crap: Final Fantasy 13.

Outside of WoW expansions, not since like 5th graade.

There is little difference in pre-ordering a game and buying it the day it comes out. What people really need to start doing is purchasing (or better yet not purchasing when they see that the game is really just shit) games several weeks after it has been released to see all of the truth after the hype train smoke and mirror has collapsed.

Certain games I know I will buy. I only preorder sequels to games I loved and at least look to be good, because I know I will end up buying them any way.

Highly depends on the game and what I'm getting.

Collector's editions I'll pre-order since they're in lmited supply usually and I want to make sure I get one, and if there's a pre-order bonus for a game I know I'm going to buy anyway I'll pre-order it.

Otherwise no, especially since I'm primarily a PC gamer now so there's no physical box required to download and play so a store being out of stock doesn't have any effect on my ability to buy and play the game.