Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Joni85 View Post
    iirc that survey was landline phone only (their normal survey's are landline + cell), so that will tend to bias the poll a bit toward the conservative side. In the end though, I don't think the GOP establishment itself will let trump be their nominee. If it gets closer to the actual vote and it looks like he has a chance of winning they'll start changing rules/putting out a lot of money to try to stop him, and if all else fails they may try to swing a brokered convention to force him out.
    If the survey was via landline+cell wouldn't that still gauge a more accurate view of voters? Typically older people vote and typically older people still own landlines. There is a lot of preference towards someone like Sanders or Rand Paul, but these people are young people who do not vote and believe awareness is just as effective as actually doing something. I agree the survey is bias through this method but would be far more accurate than something like an online poll or doing multiple methods like in person + call + online poll because then people could vote multiple times.

Again, most hard (older) republicans, or at least shown by mainstream media do not like Trump. I do not know for a fact, but am given the impression that people who like Trump are not older or younger but are middle-aged working class who want to see results.

Some may disagree but I think he has a shot for the simple reason that he has too much money.

Quote Originally Posted by Antius View Post
    Some may disagree but I think he has a shot for the simple reason that he has too much money.
    Yup...hopefully i can buy my PC before he bankrupt the US and dollar price goes up.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    The only thing that can stop Trump from getting the GOP nomination is when he starts insulting people because they are white male.

Donal Trump can say everything against women, minorities and other religions and it wouldn't mater.
    Well, maybe... but look who is gaining in the polls, and look who is dropping:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/20/politi...oll/index.html

Fiorina Rising, Trump falling.

Carly Fiorina’s strong performance at last week’s primetime Republican debate has catapulted her into second place behind Donald Trump in the race for the GOP presidential nomination, a new CNN/ORC national poll shows.

According to the survey, conducted three days after the Sept. 14 debate, Fiorina has 15 percent support among Republican and Republican-leaning voters, up from just 3 percent in August. The former Hewlett-Packard chief executive is one point ahead of retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson (14 percent), down 5 points from the previous poll.

Meanwhile, support for Trump’s candidacy — which stood at 32 percent in August — has slipped to 24 percent, the new poll shows.

Trump, Fiorina and Carson are the only candidates in the Republican field who have not held public office.
    Last edited by GarlicGuy; 2015-09-21 at 12:23 AM.

Why the long face carly?.