Poll: Are other Millineals pissed?

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    You seem a little bitter. More bitter than us. Did a millennial steal your job?
    As if. Why do you account all insults for being bitter? Maybe ever consider that I'm just old? It's what old people do. Now be a good little kid and go fetch me a drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I'm pissed cause millennial should mean someone born 2000+ amiright?
    No...came of age near 2000 lol.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    This is the best way to word it. It is like The Greatest Generation said "hey guys here is this world we set-up and fought for" and Boomers went "fuck you lets blow it all".
    This. Truthfully... and painful to admit, we should just unite against them. But since they'll die soon anyway... what's the point? <-- This, kids is what being a Gen-X is about. Don't waste your time on pointless shit.

I'm 33 in a few months, so maybe I'm on the upper end of the millennial scale, but I have never appreciated the bureaucracy of seniority. Yes, it is rare to get entirely green, top-tier talent, but it isn't a very good reason to ignore the opinions of your subordinates.

When I was an undergrad, James Simons gave a seminar on his experiences in which he also spoke of his work environment, which nurtured a healthy community of highly competitive quants in a generally toxic industry. His employees actually cared about the company as a whole--something you probably aren't going to accomplish if you're telling your subordinates to generally shut the fuck up given their title. Prior to management change which reduced the power of our traditionally academic founders, my previous employer modeled themselves very much after Simons' Rennaissance, albeit we were on the opposite end of the table.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpka View Post
    There is a really annoying group of Xers right now that don't realize how good they got it.

Those around 43-50 years old who graduated college in the early to late 90's, could fall into a decent paying job and with half the student dept. Hell you could get $45'000 for an entry level Sales position in the late 90's.

But now when someone graduates in a shit economy, with double the dept and the complain its because they are 'self-entitled'. Give me break.
    Spelling "debt" correctly might help you land that job.

And the economy is pretty good right now. Unemployment is at 5.1% which historically is pretty damn good, at least in the US.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gen x'rs are the first ones to look around and wonder where their lives went.
    Let's take your theory to the extreme for illustration purposes. If you logged into WoW and your character was equipped with Warforged Mythic gear, your gold was capped, your achievement points were at max and your PVP rating was set at 2200, would you consider this a fun game? It is the little annoying things in this game that reflect real life challenges that add up and make it an immersive, realistic, believable, and challenging experience. You people who demand that this game is easier remind me of children who think it's a great idea to live only off of candy, ice cream and soda for the rest of their life.

The lazy whiners have succeeded in making Blizzard bend over for you and now this game is boring as fuck. I literally have more fun playing Hello Kitty Adventure Island.

And the Gen Xers I know look around admiring their Mercedes Benz' and their spacious homes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sorry my generation is blunt.
    I'm sorry your generation cannot understand the difference between blunt and tactless.

"It was boring" was not only tactless but also extremely unhelpful. Why not say "Well, I didn't feel like the material was very engaging -- the training would benefit from a variety of activities to help keep the audience's interest."

Guess which approach makes you sound more professional, more intelligent, and more desirable at a company?

Also sorry for wanting recognition for our work. This is a PRIME example of how Boomers and X'rs sold us out when it comes to workers rights.
    What? There is a difference between recognition for work above and beyond and recognition for getting the job done. You are expected to get the job done, you shouldn't need an award or a pat on the back for doing so. Of course any good manager to should foster an encouraging and positive workplace which includes rewards and recognition -- but the issue with the millennial generation is they generally expect it every time they do something, regardless of how well it was done compared to expectations.

Like every generation there are pros and cons to the millenials in the workforce -- but for some reason it seems this generation is particularly disruptive as sheltered childhoods get shattered with the harsh realities of corporate America. Helicopter parents tag along with adult children for interviews...it's just bizarre.

And the respect goes both ways -- which the article weakly tried to show. You can't expect everyone to cater to you -- compromise is the name of the game. There was a millennial who worked in my group who quit -- and the reason she gave is that we didn't socialize enough. I loathe socializing with co-workers unless I want to...and she neither respected nor understood that. I work for a check, not to make friends. Got lots of those outside of the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Millenials... welcome to the real world.

We are terribly sorry that we raised you to think that you are some shiny and unique snowflake. Things are done a certain way, tow the line, or you can find yourself in another one... the one marked unemployment.

What is this bullshit about a dictionary/thesaurus... its called being educated and qualified, my guess is that you were hired by another Millenial who didn't do their job properly or you wouldn't have been hired in the first place.

Any business whether they value your opinion or not, is NOT looking for someone to be a negative influence our counterproductive (what you are calling "blunt")

"It was boring." doesn't tell anyone anything about the problems or provide feedback as to how to fix it. Quite honestly shooting off at the mouth expressing your emotions so freely is more neanderthal-like than anything else. *Grunt* *Me no like!*

If you don't like something that is fine.
    If your employer approaches you with a genuine concern about the effectiveness of training material, try to be a little more specific and much more eloquent.
    Also, know when to shut your damn mouth. The VP probably wasn't actually looking for feedback at that exact moment. Pull your head out of your cell phone and your ass and learn some fucking social skills. When someone asks you how your day was... they don't really care. You reply with, "Good, and you?" Not, "Well I didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night and I am having relationship issues." When the VP asks you briefly in a crowd of people, "How was training." you reply with "Great! I feel prepared." and if you really feel compelled to tell him the truth speak with him privately, write him an e-mail, or a letter.

This really isn't a generation thing... this is about kids learning to be adults and be professional.

*EDIT*
    Also I was born in 86 so technically according to this bullshit article I am considered a "millenial" and I couldn't be farther from it. So if I am to be considered a "millenial" then yes I am pissed, pissed at other people of my generation who think they need to be fucking spoon fed everything and that people should give a fuck about your "feelings" or that a GD fucking minimum wage burger flipper at McDonalds should be making $15.00 an hour which btw they are probably only 75% accurate at.

What we need is another fucking war so we can thin out the herd...
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2015-09-11 at 08:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    I see a lot of whiny, sad-sack people here blaming "the Boomers" instead of taking responsibility for an utter mess that has happened over many decades, including the years you lived in and had some influence to make better. But you didn't, and now the lazy thing to do is blame someone else.

It isn't a generational thing. It's a collective blame that applies to anyone that is old enough to vote and participate as a citizen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    It is a bit confusing... I have seen a few different cut off dates.
    In my brain Millennials are the generation that was raised with the internet. It completely changed everything about society and caused a huge shift in behavior and attitudes. Some good, some not so good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gen X used to Rage Against the Machine and set Seatlle on fire to stop the WTO now they are part of the machine and blew perfect chances to deal with problems.
    Oh, and... you are going to fight? You? HAhahaha.. please. Your complacency is as inevitable as your death; which will be unremembered. You call yourselves blunt?

BITCH: WE INVENTED BLUNT.

Quote Originally Posted by rhackin View Post

The lazy whiners have succeeded in making Blizzard bend over for you and now this game is boring as fuck. I literally have more fun playing Hello Kitty Adventure Island.

And the Gen Xers I know look around admiring their Mercedes Benz' and their spacious homes.
    No the lazy whiners have succeeded in making Blizzard accountable to their community by saying fuck you if you do not deliver content I will just go somewhere else. X'rs just sit there and take it. That is how you get crappy graphics in EQ and other older games.

My bad I expect results and a better product for the money I am giving you. Sorry you are offended that when I pay for something I expect it to work.

10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds like you might just be a whiny brat. You expect to have your opinion to catered to, when in reality it's wholly irrelevant when you aren't the person in charge.

Get over yourself.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    In my brain Millennials are the generation that was raised with the internet. It completely changed everything about society and caused a huge shift in behavior and attitudes. Some good, some not so good.
    The complete shift of social behaviors was the direct result of the self-destructive behavior we Gen-Xers were known for. That and we enjoyed tormenting small animals/children/conservatives/Christians.

10+ Year Old Account
    No the lazy whiners have succeeded in making Blizzard accountable to their community by saying fuck you if you do not deliver content I will just go somewhere else. X'rs just sit there and take it. That is how you get crappy graphics in EQ and other older games.

My bad I expect results and a better product for the money I am giving you. Sorry you are offended that when I pay for something I expect it to work.
    The money you give is pennies on the dollar. You think you're worth far more than you are.
    Last edited by Xisa; 2015-09-11 at 08:09 PM.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    It sounds like you might just be a whiny brat. You expect to have your opinion to catered to, when in reality it's wholly irrelevant when you aren't the person in charge.

Get over yourself.
    I expect my air to be clean
    I expect my food to not be poisoned
    I expect my politicians to not be corrupt
    I expect the country to still be here when I get older

Sorry older generations are offended we are being handed a shit sandwich and refuse to eat it like X'rs did.

Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    The money you give is pennies on the dollar. You think you're worth fall more than you are.
    Go watch CNBC. They cannot go 20 minutes without asking what are companies doing to cater to millennials because the same tricks that worked on boomers and x'rs are not working on us.

10+ Year Old Account

Sorry older generations are offended we are being handed a shit sandwich and refuse to eat it like X'rs did.
    Then shut the fuck up, get off your fucking ass, get away from the keyboard and do something about it. We tried doing that ourselves, and for a while it worked. But whining your way to accomplishment is tasteless, dishonest and honorless. If we don't like something, we punch it in the fucking face. You don't like something, you tweet. Oooooh, scary.

Wuss.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm a millenial, but I don't like how we are ultra petty and sensitive. Sure things like gay marriage are not terrible, but the fact that we blow up every little issue to a "my way or you're a Nazi" level of conversation is highly polarizing. And when it comes to things like the environment it just gets downright cynical and nihilistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    The complete shift of social behaviors was the direct result of the self-destructive behavior we Gen-Xers were known for. That and we enjoyed tormenting small animals/children/conservatives/Christians.
    I have no idea what this is trying to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.

Go watch CNBC. They cannot go 20 minutes without asking what are companies doing to cater to millennials because the same tricks that worked on boomers and x'rs are not working on us.
    Yeah, the same tricks are working on you. You're not and will never be some new class of human with special powers. Get the fuck over yourself.

You want good air, food, politicians, etc. then GET OFF YOUR ASS AND MAKE IT HAPPEN - -just like everyone else had to.

What in hell makes you think you're suddenly exempt from your own responsibility as a person or a citizen?