10+ Year Old Account

Runescape Classic: Some Questions

Thinking about trying it, but before I spend my hard earned (ten dollars? Its been a while, I forget how much it is.) I want to ask a few questions that a search engine just can't answer.

1. How populous are the classic servers? Is the economy just as full of player trading as it once was, is it deserted, or somewhere in between.

2. What point in time is classic set? Earliest days of RS with Tutorial Island and end game pvp ammounts to castle wars and occasional Wild killing? or is it closer to the end of RS2, with hunting, summoning, construction, all the fancy voice acted quests, and such?

3. Do holiday events still happen? Loved those...

4. Is that annoying members tutorial still a thing? You know, the one the two towns north of Falador where you fight the troll or ogres (i'm blanking out on my Runescape lore) and such.

Thanks for anyone who answers!

I'm going to assume you're talking about Old School RS rather than Classic. Classic is pre RS2 (think 2002) and I'm pretty sure you can't even play on the servers unless you played on them during the last window that they were open to the general public. Anyways...

1. They're pretty populated but its definitely not like it was when they had 200k+ concurrent players online daily in 2007. It pulls in around 45-50% of the total population playing RS in any form.

2. Although it has its own updates that were never in any other version of RS as a rough guess I'd put it between GWD being released and the wild/free trade being removed. So very late 2007. No summoning but hunting/con are in.

3. Yes

4. No that was an extremely new update by comparison to this game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    I'm going to assume you're talking about Old School RS rather than Classic. Classic is pre RS2 (think 2002) and I'm pretty sure you can't even play on the servers unless you played on them during the last window that they were open to the general public. Anyways...

1. They're pretty populated but its definitely not like it was when they had 200k+ concurrent players online daily in 2007. It pulls in around 45-50% of the total population playing RS in any form.

2. Although it has its own updates that were never in any other version of RS as a rough guess I'd put it between GWD being released and the wild/free trade being removed. So very late 2007. No summoning but hunting/con are in.

3. Yes

4. No that was an extremely new update by comparison to this game
    Sounds good, very good. I always thought servers could get a little overpopulated so I was hoping for a decrease. and yes, I do mean Old School RS, thanks for correcting me. Could have lead to awkward circumstances down the road =)