Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Enough with the dupe crap - it does not exist. Not one single shred of proof to say otherwise.
    Swift Spectral Tiger
    US Quantity 171

I haven't sold anything in trade chat since classic.
    Put it on the AH.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I have to agree with Foj on the stupidity of a majority of trade sellers being out of whack - Nobody seems to understand that just because you advertise an item at a specific price, it doesn't make that item worth that price.

A Fiery Core (you know, that mat that drops from Molten Core) is not worth 6500 gold, regardless if its not on the AH and nowhere else to be found - I will openly, gladly, and furiously point out how obnoxious that price is, and find satisfaction in seeing that same person selling the same item 2 days later in trade for a much, much lower price. The economy in this game is deplorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    Swift Spectral Tiger
    US Quantity 171
    And? That proves nothing not to mention taking numbers from what I assume is some tracking website that for all we know isn't accurate or is even counting the Alliance/Horde listings separately essentially doubling the amount.

Blizz has said time and again that duping does not exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah. They're pretty adamant that cheap items may have been gained through suspicious methods(hacking other accounts and the like) but it's not currently possible to dupe items in game. Of course, there could always be some weird bug someone has discovered that Blizz hasn't. But it's usually pretty easy to detect bugs like that when they're present in the game.
    TCG mounts are unquestionably being created through illegitimate means. I'm OK with calling it "duping," in the absence of a more precise term. There's no public information on why there are more TCG mounts sold than there are mount codes, but if you happen to know how that works, let us know. I'm pretty sure Blizzard knows exactly what the "extra TCG loot" problem is but is unable to fix it, for whatever reason.

Meanwhile there are, always have been, and will continue to be methods to craft items without required cooldowns and/or materials. Blizzard fixes them as they come to light, but there are so many ways to approach this type of exploit that Blizzard will never eliminate it.

Back on topic, when I see someone hawking TCG items in trade chat ....

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    TCG mounts are unquestionably being created through illegitimate means. I'm OK with calling it "duping," in the absence of a more precise term. There's no public information on why there are more TCG mounts sold than there are mount codes, but if you happen to know how that works, let us know. I'm pretty sure Blizzard knows exactly what the "extra TCG loot" problem is but is unable to fix it, for whatever reason.

Meanwhile there are, always have been, and will continue to be methods to craft items without required cooldowns and/or materials. Blizzard fixes them as they come to light, but there are so many ways to approach this type of exploit that Blizzard will never eliminate it.

Back on topic, when I see someone hawking TCG items in trade chat ....
    Compromised accounts and exploits aren't the same thing as duping - not even close. I've duped items in single player games like Oblivion via an actual and easy repeatable duplication method. But that has never been possible in WoW - ever.

Compromised accounts and exploits aren't the same thing as duping - not even close. I've duped items in single player games like Oblivion via an actual and easy repeatable duplication method. But that has never been possible in WoW - ever.
    I'm not going to argue over the semantics of the word "duping."

I am going to say that for sure there have been more TCG items created in game than there are physically existing TCG loot cards though.

Also as I said there were and are and will continue to be ways to create multiple copies of "crafted" items (JC mounts, DMF cards, Crimson Deathchargers, and many many more) with the materials for one item. If you don't want to call that "duping," fine.

But the fact that you don't call these excess items created by illicit means "dupes" doesn't mean that they don't exist.

I really don't understand how this particular argument even gets going.

Deleted
    Enough with the dupe crap - it does not exist. Not one single shred of proof to say otherwise.
    My guess is you weren't around during dragonsoul release.

Quote Originally Posted by Touch of Anarchy View Post
    I have to agree with Foj on the stupidity of a majority of trade sellers being out of whack - Nobody seems to understand that just because you advertise an item at a specific price, it doesn't make that item worth that price.

A Fiery Core (you know, that mat that drops from Molten Core) is not worth 6500 gold, regardless if its not on the AH and nowhere else to be found - I will openly, gladly, and furiously point out how obnoxious that price is, and find satisfaction in seeing that same person selling the same item 2 days later in trade for a much, much lower price. The economy in this game is deplorable.
    Why do you, or anyone else, bother pointing out how ridiculous the price is? If it doesn't sell, they'll adjust the price, or keep beating their face against the AH wall. Either way you're just wasting your own time worrying about other people's problems.

To put it another way: do you go to a flea market/garage sale and "openly, glady, and furiously point out" that a stack of CDs is not worth a dollar? Or do you just glance at it, chuckle, and move on? Don't be one of the people who revels in the anonymity of the Internet to put others down. The ATTITUDE of people in this game is deplorable.

And? That proves nothing not to mention taking numbers from what I assume is some tracking website that for all we know isn't accurate or is even counting the Alliance/Horde listings separately essentially doubling the amount.

Blizz has said time and again that duping does not exist.
    I guess all those people selling Jeweled Panthers for less than half the price of mats were compromised accounts, eh? And all these Spectral Tigers from a card game no longer being published is completely sensical.

I bet if you had asked Bliz a couple years ago, they would have told you it'd be impossible for someone to be invisible and 1-shot players. And yet it happened.
    Last edited by Jimson; 2015-09-14 at 12:43 PM.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    right click, click ignore, move on about my business.
    Ignoring possible customers seems like a bad idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah the multiple level 1 character Jeweled Onyx Panther auctions with ~80% price drop didn't happen in MoP I must've been seeing things. /sarcasm

Take the blindfold off, of course blizzard wouldn't tell you that it's possible

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post

Oh yeah the multiple level 1 character Jeweled Onyx Panther auctions with ~80% price drop didn't happen in MoP I must've been seeing things. /sarcasm

You do know, that the panther has been and still is used to transfer gold between realms, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodoran View Post
    You do know, that the panther has been and still is used to transfer gold between realms, right?
    Bought my Panther for 10k from a level 1 with a name like Asffdssgh in trade chat. Bought Crimson Deathcharger too for 5k from another level 1 a year before that, so did everyone in my guild, and a shit ton of other people. We lined up and made a Crimson Deathcharger train in Orgrimmar. Good times.

Good old thread: http://stormspire.net/archive-auctio...now-about.html

I use the word "dupe" to describe "items brought into existence without the requisite materials" because it's the simplest word to use. There are many different ways "extra items" can be brought into the game. It may well be the case that you can't literally "duplicate" an item in WoW. That doesn't mean that, for example, it wasn't at one time possible to make 10, or 100, Crimson Deathchargers from the materials needed for one, because, obviously it was. Early in MoP it was possible to craft Darkmoon cards without consuming the materials. That particular exploit (although it wasn't strictly speaking a "dupe") became completely public and caused a complete crash of the DMF trinket market on many servers. (Then, many permabans were handed out.) You can read all about it by googling for "darkmoon cards without using any mats at all".

This is what people generally mean by "dupe" -- a way to get something in-game for nothing, or more of something than you should.

It happens, just tell them to go fuck yourself.

/2 WTS Level 25 Chrominus, 25K PST
    /w lol nice try
    /w just post on ah
    /w lol how about 4K?
    /2 Only PST if interested and yeah, 25K is correct and yes, they ALWAYS sell for that.

Almost a weekly experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Ignore the poor peasants...

Deleted
    Don't waste any more effort than you should, the instant they bitch about me as salesman instead of the price itself they fly on ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    /2 Only PST if interested and yeah, 25K is correct and yes, they ALWAYS sell for that.
    They sell for 500g on my server, and simply because whether Level 1 or 25, it takes a matter of moments really to level it up super fast. Draenor Pet Trainers will give you at least ~2 Level 25 pets per day when you also use the currency to improve the levels as well. 25K is a lot of money for something that easy to do yourself.

I respond to all types of stupidity with the same reply - "K."

Deleted
    Ignoring possible customers seems like a bad idea.

- - - Updated - - -

A person who questions how you deal with selling a product isn't going to purchase anything. They can whine about the price itself all they want, that's fine...but as soon as they make it personal they are mocking you.

Dunno, but I ignore instantly people who overprice.