Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Arrow Games you've Bought but Never Finished (Or Played)

Title says it all. Say why you got it and why you never finished it or got around to it.

---

I'm not one of those guys who likes to... what is the meme? "Get their wallet raped during the Steam Sale and buy a ton of games." I rarely buy games, in fact I can actually see the list of all my steam games without having to scroll. Still, there's some games I haven't actually beaten or played.

Borderlands 2: I actually played this game - for 16 hours according to Steam - but ran into a difficultly spike after The city flew away. I tried to catch up to it but the monsters started getting higher level than I would progress naturally. Wasn't able to repair the transponder/beacon (because the robots kept wiping me) and I absolutely didn't want to go back and grind levels like it was the 90's or something, so I uninstalled.

Kingdoms of Amalur: I've got several dozen hours invested in this game but have never actually finished it. Actually, I've never even made it across the ocean to the second continent. The writing is excellent and the gameplay was very sit back and smash buttons relaxingly. I don't think it was the game that was the problem, but rather there were games that better caught my attention at the time.

Half-Life 2: Yes, I'm a heretic: I call myself a member of the PC master race but have never finished this game, for the same reasons as KoA.

Transistor: Picked this up during the Christmas steam sale due to PCgamer's recommendation along with Banner Saga and Dragonfall. I finished Banner Saga and Dragonfall but completely forgot about Transistor. In fact, I didn't even know I had it until I booted up steam today. However, thanks to WoW, HotS, and Pokemon, I won't have time to play it.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I have a lot... Almost two bookshelves full... >.<
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

About 70+ games in my steam library I have never installed. Why? Every time I look at them to play, I just go meh. Why did I buy them? Cmon, they were all like 75-90% off.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Half my steam list. Including several tripple A's. Some I have only opened, played for like 5 min, then never opened again.

Xenoblade Chronicles....I was just so disappointed in the first hour of play. Never looked back
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    U6 easily has the best charcters introduce in SUper, aside from Beerus and BLack
    jajaja

FF13, need I say more?
    as for other games... bioshock infinite, dead space 2, final fantasy 12, far cry 3, darksiders 2 thanks to not having the desire to start over on them thanks to my POS PS3 constantly breaking.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2015-09-12 at 02:40 AM. Reason: added other games I forgot.

Deleted
    Theres an app for that.

https://steamdb.info/calculator/7656...7358987/?cc=us

Mine. 38 games not played.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    FF13, need I say more?
    Yes, you do.

Resident Evil 6. I bought this a year ago on Steam summer sale and finally started playing it a month ago with my friend. It's a two person co-op game so I didn't want to play solo so I just waited til someone else I knew wanted to play. It's not a very good game lol but we've beat the Leon chapters.

Skyward Sword. As with every Zelda game, I play it about halfway or more through and then just get burned out and stop. Then a couple years later I tend to go back and play it from start to finish. It's always easier/faster the second time so I don't get bored with how long it is then. I still need to go back and finish this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost every single game I've purchased I've never finished.
    Played 29 minutes of Skyrim, never finished a Batman game, etc.
    Basically the Dark Souls series, and Every Metal gear that isn't on NES are the only games I've finished (Only at 50% total completion of MGSV atm)

https://steamdb.info/calculator/7656...9847805/?cc=us 32 games not played on Steam alone
    EDIT: Oh hey, I'm at 1k hours played. 11 years. Sigh
    Last edited by WskyDK; 2015-09-12 at 01:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadows of Mordor. Bought it when I picked up my PS4, then I got Samurai Warriors and it kinda fell by the wayside, keep meaning to go back and pick it up again.

GTAV. Got it for free with my PS4, it's still sealed :P
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://steamdb.info/calculator/7656...3560273/?cc=us

22 games not played That is only my steam library.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Never finished a single Assasin's creed game, thought they were all awful. Then again I only got to the third one.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

I bought FFXIII-2 ages ago, but I haven't even finished the base game.

Like 90% of my Steam library.

Rarely do I finish a game or sink hours upon hours in a single game.

I'm still waiting to play Metro: Last Light until I have an Oculus Rift on my face because I want to shit myself in terror.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember only three games I bought and never finished.

1. Operation Flashpoint. I really liked the game, but it was freaking hard. I got stuck on one of the missions half way through where you have to sneak to the evacuation zone without alarming anyone, otherwise you got massacred; no matter what I tried, I died very fast. I abandoned that playthrough and never played the campaign again, since that mission really destroyed all my desire to replay it.
    2. Frank Herbert's Dune. I won't say anything here, just Google this game's reviews, and you will understand why I've never finished it.
    3. Assassin's Creed. The game really didn't click with me, and I uninstalled it after playing for 3 hours, never touching the series since.

Oh, and I haven't finished Witcher 3, abandoning my playthrough after getting bombarded with countless side quests. I intend to finish it at some point, but it is unlikely I will return to it before a few patches later, when hopefully it will be revamped.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Chrono-Trigger.

I don't get the love this game receives. After a few hours in, I was bored to tears..never went back.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to that steamdb site I've played just under half of my 218 games.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

I have a lot of games with most of them coming from the obvious steam list. The biggest one I want to finish but can never get myself to do it is Bravely Default. I'm.... 50-60 hours in? I did all the side content up to that point and its an insanely fun game but it just...drags on. I'll have to finish it though before the sequel gets a localized version heh. The Kingdom Hearts HD remasters are also high on my list. I absolutely love those games and I was going to marathon them during the winter break but I never did.

Maybe I just cant stand long games anymore. 5-8 hours is perfect.