Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I.... I don't get the joke. What is the joke in this? the "upbeat" music during something tragic ? not even remotely funny.

The toy story one made me chuckle a bit, I feel bad but we all have a dark sense of humour.

Nope just made me pity the creator.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    I don't like jokes on dead people.
    Indeed, there is also a group of people who will be legitimately upset by this and I think people should be sensitive to that.

That said. I can find 9/11 jokes funny but this OP seems to be nothing but edge trying to get at the former group and that is it. Not funny, not cool.

The word "trigger" triggers me. It screams "look at me, I can use buzzwords!" and sounds desperate... :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    well im not from usa so i dont really give a fuck about 9/11, well about 11/9 cause thats how you're supposed to write the date, but i dont find anything funny in them.
    In the states we say, as an example, May 20th, aka 5-20-2015. I know, shocking that we'd put the numeric values like we say them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhead View Post
    In the states we say, as an example, May 20th, aka 5-20-2015. I know, shocking that we'd put the numeric values like we say them.
    The only logical ways of writing a date are year-month-day and day.month.year.

Either do YYYY-MM-DD HH:NN:SS, dd.mm.yyyy, or go home.

I'm pretty sure that anyone who's PTSD is triggered by that video will have other concerns than discussing it on a forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes the more I hear people tell what they think is funny, and that is typically outside of areas where it is appropriate to tell the joke, the more I become convinced of or rather understanding of why some people snap and take extreme measures towards those that think it is either funny or amusing to target other people for their nonsense.

That being said, no idiot humor over all triggers me much less than the over all lack and disregard for other people by very same people who will bitch and complain when there is any sort of consequence or reaction from the things they say or do, and of course these will always be the same morons calling everybody else a pussy for not taking a joke,or being offended.

Freedom of Speech in context? Yes. Freedom from speech and the consequences? NO!

I have the same attitude towards someone telling an offensive joke, as I do, someone preaching.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Jalkapallo View Post
    Post people in the world (and the internet) do not claim to get ptsd because there is something out there that we disagree with emotionally.
    It was a tragic event, but I have met a few people who had parents/family who was in or associated in 9/11 when it happened. These people are sad about their lost ones, but is not uncommon they have made jokes about it or kept quite. Never acted out or being too sad. Doesn't mean they weren't upset, but no one has been openly triggered. This is because they either do not care/got over it or recognize that not everyone understands the feeling of losing a lost one so they do not want to force their emotional distress onto others.

If 9/11 patriotically triggers you (ie American Sniper) then I cannot say I know why they would be triggered. I do not feel zealotry towards my country, though I do feel for the loss of those involved.

Pretty stupid really, not even able to get offended due to how dumb it was.

Deleted
    I have seen plenty of funny 9/11 jokes, as well as jokes about dead babies, etc

People without a sense of humour are just sad

Assuming this is European based on the comments it's pretty in line with their humor, shitty

If you're going to try to be an edge lord you might as well put some effort into it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    The only logical ways of writing a date are year-month-day and day.month.year.

Either do YYYY-MM-DD HH:NN:SS, dd.mm.yyyy, or go home.
    Why use dots with the DMY format but dashes with YMD? What about slashes? It doesn't matter what seperator you use, you could even go without any (11 9 2015) and it would still be correct.

Also, you're supposed to say 20th May 2015, not 2015 May 20th. The fastest counters must always be left, so that when you skip some parts it's always skipped on the right side.

I would have laughed if there was any comedy content in the video. But it's crap.

None at all. To be fair though, I was the guy that was secretly just happy all the teachers were too distracted by the news to give us any work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't really trigger more than you having a bad taste of humor? Oh, and bad video really..

Here, have a real "trigger"

FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Doesn't really trigger more than you having a bad taste of humor? Oh, and bad video really..

Here, have a real "trigger"

The funny thing about that is that the "Tr" looks like a stylised version of a "N" lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    The funny thing about that is that the "Tr" looks like a stylised version of a "N" lol.
    Actually due to the angle I took the picture in, and the window ^^ Though, it is a Trigger ^^
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

most boring joke ever. 0/10 funny, also i'm not american.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhead View Post
    this triggers me, americans are stupid with their dates, it's so retarded.

why don't you also put hours seconds and minutes if you like to randomize shit.

time? oh 4 hours 23 seconds and 30 minutes!

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't trigger me, I didn't like muslims before 9/11 so that obviously doesn't change. I find syrian refugees committing suicide after making demands absolutely hilarious, whatever floats someone's boat.