About how much damage do I need to be able to solo GR 50+?

I can survive no problem with my current gear, but I can't kill them fast enough. About how much damage does one need to be able to solo it before time runs out?

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I can survive no problem with my current gear, but I can't kill them fast enough. About how much damage does one need to be able to solo it before time runs out?
    It's not really about the damage.... but it could be your class.

For barbs/WDs/monks just having your classes best/one of the best 6-sets or whatever setups most people roll with should be enough. Ancient weapons help but are not 100% needed.
    Not sure about other classes, but for DHs you should be able to easily do 50-55 rifts solo as long as you have full U6/N6 set with F/R and an ancient weapon.

Heck, you can do GR60 solo (for the season journeys last step) with Monk/Barb/WD rather easily as long as you have the best class-set and maybe an ancient weapon. All it depends on is if you know which mobs to skip and get a not-totally-horrible rift with okay'ish density.... But GL doing it with any of the other classes without really good gear and almost a perfect rift.

I did GR60 on my Monk in like 2 attempts (+ restarting the rift a few times from the start cause of bad mobs) with mostly non-ancient gear (U6+F/R).

Most important thing is just to keep going and not staying in one spot just to kill a few mobs... pull em all together and keep moving, only killing big packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    It's not really about the damage.... but it could be your class.

For barbs/WDs/monks just having your classes best/one of the best 6-sets or whatever setups most people roll with should be enough. Ancient weapons help but are not 100% needed.
    Not sure about other classes, but for DHs you should be able to easily do 50-55 rifts solo as long as you have full U6/N6 set with F/R and an ancient weapon.

Heck, you can do GR60 solo (for the season journeys last step) with Monk/Barb/WD rather easily as long as you have the best class-set and maybe an ancient weapon. All it depends on is if you know which mobs to skip and get a not-totally-horrible rift with okay'ish density.... But GL doing it with any of the other classes without really good gear and almost a perfect rift.

I did GR60 on my Monk in like 2 attempts (+ restarting the rift a few times from the start cause of bad mobs) with mostly non-ancient gear (U6+F/R).

Most important thing is just to keep going and not staying in one spot just to kill a few mobs... pull em all together and keep moving, only killing big packs.

I have the Wastes set on Barb with the two 1 hander set (Can't remember the name) and I'm struggling to kill things in GR 50. Unbuffed my damage is something like 1.3 million damage.
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2015-09-12 at 03:54 PM.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have the Wastes set on Barb with the two 1 hander set (Can't remember the name) and I'm struggling to kill things in GR 50. Unbuffed my damage is something like 1.3 million damage.
    I think most barbs either use the rend build (2wastes+6IK) or the HotA build for higher GRs. Though I'm sure pure WW can clear GR50+ as long as you have really good gear.

Also, your tooltip damage doesnt really mean much.... it's all about getting the right set bonuses and stacking multipliers (like Focus/Restraint) on top of each other.

Just check the most used builds here: http://www.diablofans.com/builds?fil...1&sort=-rating

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    I think most barbs either use the rend build (2wastes+6IK) or the HotA build for higher GRs. Though I'm sure pure WW can clear GR50+ as long as you have really good gear.

Also, your tooltip damage doesnt really mean much.... it's all about getting the right set bonuses and stacking multipliers (like Focus/Restraint) on top of each other.

Just check the most used builds here: http://www.diablofans.com/builds?fil...1&sort=-rating
    I see lots of people have Hellfire amulet.. I have the plans for them, but have no clue how to get the mats...
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2015-09-12 at 04:52 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You need to get your attack speed/cooldown reduction high enough for the build to start working. I was having the same issues and I was wondering how the hell can this be the #1 spec in the game right now... until I swapped one gem for Gogok of Swiftness. Then the build started working for my gear. Now when you can have that amount of attack speed/cooldown reduction from the gear and switch to another gem, the spec becomes marvelous. Achieving this requires very good rolls on items + ancient stuff. Hota/rend specs work a lot better with random semi-good gear. WW build requires good gear with specific rolls on attack speed and cooldown reduction on all items.

- - - Updated - - -

I see lots of people have Hellfire amulet.. I have the plans for them, but have no clue how to get the mats...
    Kill keywardens (act 1-4, key icon on map), get keys, open portals with keys in New Tristram, kill bosses, loot mats.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    You need to get your attack speed/cooldown reduction high enough for the build to start working. I was having the same issues and I was wondering how the hell can this be the #1 spec in the game right now... until I swapped one gem for Gogok of Swiftness. Then the build started working for my gear. Now when you can have that amount of attack speed/cooldown reduction from the gear and switch to another gem, the spec becomes marvelous. Achieving this requires very good rolls on items + ancient stuff. Hota/rend specs work a lot better with random semi-good gear. WW build requires good gear with specific rolls on attack speed and cooldown reduction on all items.

- - - Updated - - -

Kill keywardens (act 1-4, key icon on map), get keys, open portals with keys in New Tristram, kill bosses, loot mats.

I actually think I found my problem.

So apparently you can level legendary gems past level 25? I didn't know that. (I don't play Diablo much) So all these GR I have been doing gone to waste leveling useless gems I wouldn't use on my barb. God I'm so stupid. LOL Hey! At least I made it to GR 48 as my best.. I think now that I know you can continue to level the gems past 25, I'm going to be destroying higher rifts. =D
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2015-09-12 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Kill keywardens (act 1-4, key icon on map), get keys, open portals with keys in New Tristram, kill bosses, loot mats, repeat 1000 times because every single one rolls amazingly shitty or rolls with the WORST passive possible.

FTFY

/10chars

Then youre doing something wrong. I have about 780k HP and about 900k damage in the profile. Between my legendary gems, and stuff I'm using from kanai's(rrog, the furnace, and the pants that increase damage while moving) I am upwards of 2m damage regularly. I would say change your stuff around a bit, I have the 6p wastes and 4p immortal king and it's nothing short of amazingness.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually think I found my problem.

So apparently you can level legendary gems past level 25? I didn't know that. (I don't play Diablo much) So all these GR I have been doing gone to waste leveling useless gems I wouldn't use on my barb. God I'm so stupid. LOL Hey! At least I made it to GR 48 as my best.. I think now that I know you can continue to level the gems past 25, I'm going to be destroying higher rifts. =D
    Yea, my gems are all around level 50, it's a massive difference in damage output due to them.

Wastes + Bul Kathos setup is currently top in greater rifts on season, rank 1 and most of the other high rankings are running it and they have cleared 70.. So it's definitely doable, it's easier to achieve a 50 clear with IK 6 set + 2set Wastes though and run a rend spec. If you're struggling with 50 as BK/Wastes you probably need to level up your legendary gems some more, optimise gear or improve what you have in your cube.

Hexxing Pants, Furnace and Convention of Elements is a good start for the cube.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-09-13 at 04:11 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    FTFY

/10chars
    I made 50 hellfire amulets in the last two days. All of them were shite. I still have the one with great stats, but a minorly useful passive (+25% armour so useful), I made on the third craft weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I made 50 hellfire amulets in the last two days. All of them were shite. I still have the one with great stats, but a minorly useful passive (+25% armour so useful), I made on the third craft weeks ago.
    Yea I have that same passive but a great rolled neck. I am going to farm two-three infernal machines a week(and by that I mean the set of four) and just hope to get a good passive roll with rerollable stats.

Question regarding BK/Wastes however to anyone willing to answer. Right now I run 4 IK/6 Wastes with a RRoG as my jewelery bonus from the cube. The 4 set on IK is amazing, is the BK/Wastes setup something you use with a lot of cooldown reduction?

If your BK weapons are shite then you'll probably be better off with 5p of wastes, 3p of IK (belt, boots, 2h weapon) with a RoRG. Likewise if you have an ancient IK 2h mace and non-ancient BulKathos weapons.

I have a non ancient IK mace at just under 4000 dps and one ancient BK weapon. Trying to get the second BK weapon as ancient and my friend that I farm with is going to give me it if it drops when we play cause I gave him an ancient one of the one he needed(already had that one as ancient). But, my main question was moreso did I need a lot of CDR since I'd lose the 4P of IK which is basically built in CDR with fury spent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've hit a brick wall as crusader at Gr50, I've only beat it one time because of good RNG. Really sucks, I've given up after finding out a lot of the higher ladder crusaders were exploiting and still only managed low gr60 times.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I have a non ancient IK mace at just under 4000 dps and one ancient BK weapon. Trying to get the second BK weapon as ancient and my friend that I farm with is going to give me it if it drops when we play cause I gave him an ancient one of the one he needed(already had that one as ancient). But, my main question was moreso did I need a lot of CDR since I'd lose the 4P of IK which is basically built in CDR with fury spent.
    Why would you lose it?

Belt, boots, weapon from IK gives the 4p.
    Helmet, shoulders, gloves, chest, legs from Wastes gives 6p
    Just needs a RoRG somewhere (equipped or cubed)

I use the cdr ring with Wastes and BK weapons and I find that Berserker is up reasonably frequently.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2015-09-14 at 12:24 PM.

Im talking if I go BK set weapons over IK weapon. Also that would kill my focus/restraint bonus but I guess I could just go 6 wastes 2 IK without RRoG as a bonus in the cube and use that ring as my bonus Basically get the 4 set slightly undertuned I guess. Will have to play around with shit.
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2015-09-14 at 02:34 PM.

If it was me I'd run 6 wastes + 2BK every time with those options, 4IK + 6Wastes is not that fantastic and you'd be better off trying to run a 6IK + 2 Wastes rend build, it will do fucking way more damage since those rends are boosted to through the roof. Anyway you don't need 2 ancient BK weapons to do well, some of the top ranks have had mediocre non-ancients with decent reroll stats on them (my own one only has 1860 ish dps in the offhand).

Last season I beat GR50 with all of these setups using 6Waste + 2BK, just without the cube bonuses, looking at the ring options

Zodiac + Convention of Elements (Stone of Jordan if no COE) - Cookie cutter S4 build (Aka S3 build on steroids)
    Zodiac + Unity - Same as above with COE in cube, depends on the quality of your Unity/COE, could also run Zodiac in Cube.

These builds all focus on CDR and should use Pride of Cassius belt with ignore pain for 100% uptime

Focus + Restraint - Charge + WW build - You can run Zodiac, Unity or COE in cube... All setups have their benefits and are good for well beyond GR50-60

Without Zodiac in cube (like last season) this build runs String of Ears belt + Eye of Etlitch neck for survival (though if you have a good Hellfire Amulet you'd use that). WOTB is used as in the traditional cooldown manner, the damage is very high due to Focus + Restraint.

Edit - http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/B.../hero/58305461 - My 6 wastes barb as it was last season (gear wise) when I stopped playing, this setup is so much better than 6 Waste + 4IK.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-09-14 at 05:21 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4