Frost mage MC gearing

Hi,

me and my guildies started doing CMs and I am trying to gear as well as I can. I wen MS/haste, haste enchants and MS wep enchant. Need help to decide if this is the right gearing and to find some really good trinkets. Fortunately I kept most of the past gear so I was able to put togeather some almost MS/haste gear except for 7 pieces that are only partialy what I am looking for. I am in need of trinkets though. Any Idea where to get some trinkets with MS easily. I am collecting the rest of the gear through HC dungeons an am planning to create the rest that is missing via tailoring. What I am wearing now for MS is ok, but I can get much better results with proper gear. So thank you for your help.
    Last edited by stehno; 2015-09-13 at 07:46 AM. Reason: MC -> CM

Erm, I'm sorry, MCs? Do you mean CMs? I legit thought you were talking about Molten Core for a second XD

Assuming you mean CMs, Multistrike is definitely #1, followed by your preference of Crit or Haste. People keep saying a lot of stuff to back up their arguments over which is better, but honestly, they're both good. Crit makes your DPS just a tad higher, but Haste has a lot more utility from letting you cast quicker to getting quicker Frozen Orbs from faster Blizzard ticks, faster globals for your Ice Lances/Ice Novas, etc.
    Oh and where you get your non-trinket gear shouldn't matter because I believe every 2-stat chest, helm, etc has the same stats-to-iLevel breakdown when put in CMs. You may want to check on wowhead for those 3-stat items from Kazzak though.

As for trinkets, I did my gold CMs back in 6.1, so I was using Imperator's and Blackhand's trinkets (I wanted one passive and one proc), but I'd imagine Blackhand and either PoF or Sethe to be just fine. Remember, you can check trinkets at CM levels by checking them on wowhead!

PS: Don't use Tome. It's crap since it has no Int and gets scaled down to practically useless levels.
    PPS: If you have a Hunter or two, CMs are a joke. Just make sure they're Beast Mastery and have their Archimonde trinkets. The bonus 30 seconds to Bestial Wrath is flat (meaning at iLevel 0 and iLevel 2000, it gives 30 seconds).
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2015-09-12 at 07:52 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Yes of course I meant CM

And thank you for the tips. I havent had any luck with any gear from Kazzak on my main so no trinket there. I am collecting gear from HC dungeons because hof frequently I get the chance on gear drop. As isiotic as I am I deleted my previous now useless trinkets dont know why. I didnt know the sethe is any good I will use it. I havent got my PoF yet. I will tell our huter that Beast is highly recommended but hes going very well in Marksman.

Quote Originally Posted by stehno View Post
    Yes of course I meant CM

And thank you for the tips. I havent had any luck with any gear from Kazzak on my main so no trinket there. I am collecting gear from HC dungeons because hof frequently I get the chance on gear drop. As isiotic as I am I deleted my previous now useless trinkets dont know why. I didnt know the sethe is any good I will use it. I havent got my PoF yet. I will tell our huter that Beast is highly recommended but hes going very well in Marksman.
    You don''t HAVE to get Kazzak items, I just thought the extra vers made you get more stats overall, wasn't sure (they aren't even MS+H/C anyways so don't bother).

You can recover lost items through Item Restoration you know!

Sethe I'm not positive is great for CMs (too lazy to wowhead it); just make sure you don't lose TOO much Int/proc damage. I just know that Blackhand's trinket is great because it gave the highest Int out of any trinket (true to CMs too) prior to 6.2 (dunno which it is now).

Um... Marksman has little to no AoE. He'd be a huge hindrance to your group if you're trying to get Golds, ESPECIALLY if he has his Archimonde trinket... ~90%+ of your time is based on "how quick can you kill trash?". Marksman single targets everything. Not good.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Well weve done two so far with some effort so its doable. And as for the trinkets. I am using the council mastery one and baeful int mastery, I know mastery trinkets are a waste for cms when I gear MS and Haste but the intellect is nice until I get my hands on some better. And yes I can restore item, but that was quite some time ago at the item restoration list only goes back few weeks I guess it depends on how many items you get rid off, but since I grind old raids that is weekly quite some number, so Item restoration is not really an option. Any idea if some HP could do better job? You know sacrafice mastery to vers/int and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by stehno View Post
    And as for the trinkets. I am using the council mastery one and baeful int mastery, I know mastery trinkets are a waste for cms when I gear MS and Haste but the intellect is nice until I get my hands on some better
    spend 20 mins in ashran and get the pvp passive versatility / proc intellect trinket, massively better then what you have atm

as for gear in general, multistrike = haste > crit >>>> versatility >>>>>>>>>>>> mastery
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2015-09-13 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    as for gear in general, multistrike = haste > crit >>>> versatility >>>>>>>>>>>> mastery
    Yeah Mastery is a 0% DPS increase on trash since it buffs spells you won't cast at all. Should definitely get any other trinket you can find

Gl with the rest though!

Yes I am aware that those mastery trinkets are bad for CM, I have them becouse I have nothing else and it has INT. Ok I will buy those PvP Int/Vers. Thaks.

EDIT:

I considered the gaze of sethe and it looks very nice for challenge actually and it has intellect. So I will use the HP int/vers trinket as the other trinket. Thank you for help, all of you.

EDIT2:

So I got the Imperator MS/INT trinket and using the Iskar togeather and it seems pretty nice.

- - - Updated - - -

One more question though. Am i right to assube t18 set bonuses dont work in CM?
    Last edited by stehno; 2015-09-13 at 01:25 PM.