Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    "My mom and dad dropped me off" You're either going to lie most of the time there, or it might be a boost to realize where your life has gone.
    i already know i'm a failure it's why i'm depressed 90% of the time.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i already know i'm a failure why do you think i'm depressed 90% of the time.
    Then don't go.

Do you want to see random people from your graduating class and/ or are you successful already? If so, then go ahead, if not then there is nothing in it for you.
    When work feels overwhelming, remember that you're going to die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Barely had any connections with them, got tracked down by who organized it to come down. Didn't go didn't really regret it, i mean chances are you might connect with some people but chances are you are no longer friends, buddies w/e for a reason.

You can always go and see if know some people, it generally is a big brag fest of who does better then who, what became of him or her. It's kinda like looking people up before you such a thing called facebook.

Also like the other guy said unless you live in a city and don't need a car, still rely on your parents for transport and you are 28 (but honestly get a taxi), don't go. You are going to feel bad that others of your age are doing better.

There's only two reasons i would go to something like that to either show off or beat someone up who did me wrong, cheated me out of money or was disrespectful (yes yes physical violence solves nothing but it feels so damn good sometimes), if you know me for multiple years, break contact people can't expect that after several years they are still seen as just a good friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Barely had any connections with them, got tracked down by who organized it to come down. Didn't go didn't really regret it, i mean chances are you might connect with some people but chances are you are no longer friends, buddies w/e for a reason.

You can always go and see if know some people, it generally is a big brag fest of who does better then who, what became of him or her. It's kinda like looking people up before you such a thing called facebook.

Also like the other guy said unless you live in a city and don't need a car, still rely on your parents for transport and you are 28 (but honestly get a taxi), don't go. You are going to feel bad that others of your age are doing better.

There's only two reasons i would go to something like that to either show off or beat someone up who did me wrong, cheated me out of money or was disrespectful (yes yes physical violence solves nothing but it feels so damn good sometimes), if you know me for multiple years, break contact people can't expect that after several years they are still seen as just a good friend.
    our city doesn't have taxi services. it isn't that big of a city. after reading over the replies i have decided to not go.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    our city doesn't have taxi services.
    I find it hard to believe that there's no such thing as a taxi service (doesn't have to be your typical yellow cabs), surely someone drives people around for money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I find it hard to believe that there's no such thing as a taxi service (doesn't have to be your typical yellow cabs), surely someone drives people around for money.
    our city doesn't have them but nearby ones do. but the nearest one is 7 miles away in the opposite direction so it would then take almost 15 miles to get to the place..

If you haven't seen them in 10, 20, or 30 years. It might not be worth it.

Yeah, sort of off topic but, don't you think Facebook kind of ruins the experience of reunions nowadays? Especially if you've kept in touch with those people, if not you facebook creep and can easily see what someone is up to (a good chunk, at least.)

i say forget what everyone else is saying - if you even think there is a remote chance you might have fun, just go. i almost didn't go to my ten year mostly because i thought it would be like high school all over again, but i was pleasantly surprised. everyone was grown up & just wanted to be normal adults having a good time. we had a little thing at a lounge/bar. if you can find a date, even better. if not so what just go anyway.

I was never part of the social scene, I started working full time at age 16 and my closest friends were still "close" after 10 years. I have never gone to one and never regretted not going. If you were part of a large social group, you could enjoy it. The cliques will be formed again that night, so don't expect too much unless you have made a name for yourself, if you have, you can go remind them of the mistake of underestimating you.

Only you can decide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodrunner View Post
    I was never part of the social scene, I started working full time at age 16 and my closest friends were still "close" after 10 years. I have never gone to one and never regretted not going. If you were part of a large social group, you could enjoy it. The cliques will be formed again that night, so don't expect too much unless you have made a name for yourself, if you have, you can go remind them of the mistake of underestimating you.

Only you can decide.
    the only name i made for myself was the class clown aka the bart simpson of the school. i mostly tried to make everybody laugh. i also got in trouble a lot. never really applied myself or tried hard even though i could have done well in school i simply chose not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    10 years outta high school and this? still? you should probably be evaluating other aspects of your life rather than a high school reunion at this point!!
    Lots of people don't own cars. My roommate doesn't own a car. Several of my co-workers don't own cars.

i figure only dorks go to reunions
    i didnt wanna see the dorks then either

High school reunions are stupid. in general anybody you care to talk to from high school you probably still do in some form or another. the rest can fuck right off.

Reunions are all about how well everyone is doing. Some people go there to get the last laugh while others go to see how their colleagues are. If you aren't doing well, as you've already said, you're definitely better not going. It applies to all reunions.

I went 5 years ago and I hurt a lot of people including people who were once my friends.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Lots of people don't own cars. My roommate doesn't own a car. Several of my co-workers don't own cars.
    That's whats great about a city like Austin, though. People are less judgmental of what you don't have. That wouldn't fly in the OC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    Reunions are all about how well everyone is doing. Some people go there to get the last laugh while others go to see how their colleagues are. If you aren't doing well, as you've already said, you're definitely better not going. It applies to all reunions.

I went 5 years ago and I hurt a lot of people including people who were once my friends.

- - - Updated - - -

That's whats great about a city like Austin, though. People are less judgmental of what you don't have. That wouldn't fly in the OC.
    if you don't mind me asking what did you do that hurt a lot of people?

I guess you didn't go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    I guess you didn't go.
    i said in an earlier post i decided not to go.

if you don't mind me asking what did you do that hurt a lot of people?
    I convinced people to go who shouldn't have. I went to a pretty good school in Irvine, CA and had nerdier interests outside of playing sports so I mostly associated with eclectic people during lunch outside of basketball season. Some of them were occasionally insulted as my former teammates and other friends came to greet me at our table. Things like "I see you did good, Rob, but you're still kickin' it with these losers?" I defended them in an inappropriate manner that made myself look like a materialistic douche.

Being that my school catered to Irvine, Newport Beach, etc. most of the alums can be very rude. Experiences at my ex-fiance's and ex-girlfriend's reunions were a lot more tact with more passive aggression than anything else.