4pc question about Mastery

I'm a Frost DK, DW and have chest and legs to get my 4pc, however, with the non mastery on them I lose 10% from 47% to 37% Mastery. My question is, would it be better to use 2pc and keep my higher Mastery until I get the helm which can offset it some and then use one of the other two or does the 4pc make enough difference over the 10% Mastery loss.... Thanks in advance for the advice.

Sim it

/10char

T18 4pc > all. As long as the non-set items are not 40+ ilvls higher you don't even want to think about that. The frost 4pc is extremely strong and you won't find any better itemized offpieces strong enough to even come close in HFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Raikh View Post
    T18 4pc > all. As long as the non-set items are not 40+ ilvls higher you don't even want to think about that. The frost 4pc is extremely strong and you won't find any better itemized offpieces strong enough to even come close in HFC.
    Thanks Raikh, what I needed to know.. Just seemed like 10% Mastery was a lot but didn't realize the 65% chance for free killing machine would offset that..

Appreciate the advice.

Well you do not only lose 10% mastery. You get other stats instead of it. The only stat which is truly bad for frost is crit. The other stats aren't that far away from mastery. Mastery is frost dw's strongest stat but only marginally. Depending on the situation and your gear haste can be easily on par and MS is only slightly below mastery with vers close behind MS.

And then the bonus is not quite 65% of a free km. It can chain proc, so it could be theoretically up to 9 free kms per KM proc as the duration of KM is not refreshed. Its primarily strong for ST as you have no AoE affected by KM but the gain is so huge for ST (12-13% more damage) that it will even be a noticable gain on AoE heavy encounters even at the cost of using worse itemized gear.