Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    So all we have to do to have real bipartisan support for government policies is put Obama in a terrible wig?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Not sure if it's been said, but it's the same thing with Obamacare. When you call it Obamacare, a large number of people hate it, but when you call it by it's real name (the Affordable Care Act) or talk about it's individual mandates, support skyrockets.

The problem with our political system is that people vote based on party allegiance regardless who is running or what agenda's they are pushing. This is basically a lot of sheep being told what to do and expected to do it since both parties believe without a doubt they own certain groups.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Not sure if it's been said, but it's the same thing with Obamacare. When you call it Obamacare, a large number of people hate it, but when you call it by it's real name (the Affordable Care Act) or talk about it's individual mandates, support skyrockets.
    Most people that don't support it is due to losing their prior insurance or still being unable to afford the current one. As for me I found it funny that It was $185 a month for me to get the worst insurance available on the sight.

All this shows is that people vote based on Party (Red or Blue) and nothing else. So disgusting.

Saw something similar about government spying a few years back. When Bush was president a majority of Republicans supported government spying on Americans and a majority of Democrats disapproved. The same question was asked when Obama was president and the whole thing reversed. People can't see their own biases.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Unconstitutional laws CAN be passed. The supreme court can strike them down though!
    This is more in line as to what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    False. The individual mandate receives lower support than Obamacare overall. People are VERY upset that Obamacare mandates you either get insurance or pay a fine.

I find people care less about the platforms and more about the party.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    unsurprising, a lot of republicans are actaully left leaning when you actaully look at the things they support. or at least more to the center.
    Republicans used to have a healthy level of leftism before it was hijacked by the Neoliberal/dominionist cult

Title should be renamed, "Democrats like Trump's ideas better when they think they're Obama's." Equally true.

In a sense, this isn't surprising. If someone who you regard as an enemy supports something you would support, the natural reaction is to think, "wait, what's the catch here?".

For example, left-wing people and libertarians support open borders, the left because they believe that borders are just arbitrary lines on the map and we are all human, and libertarians because they believe that immigration will overwhelm the welfare state and cause it to collapse. Needless to say, the former position is fucking stupid and the advocating the latter position should be met with rope and lampposts in any sane society.

Quote Originally Posted by vetinari View Post
    Title should be renamed, "Democrats like Trump's ideas better when they think they're Obama's." Equally true.
    I think a large part of Trump's appeal is that Americans really DID listen to republican complaints that Obama lacked experience. Obama IS incredibly inexperienced. Americans decided to put him in the White House anyway and give him a shot. Its been 2 terms and voters are still very unhappy. People still think the country is on the wrong track. So, voters look like they are going to ignore EVERYTHING else and select a president that has tons of successful business experience and see what happens. Voters are sick and tired of the decades-old meme that all republicans are crazy blah blah blah. Get that out of here.

The way things played out has made Trump the ideal candidate for 2016.