Thread: Ignoring users

Deleted

Ignoring users

It is possible to ignore all threads created by users on the ignore list from appearing in the front page "recent topics" dropdown menu?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodotnowin View Post
    It is possible to ignore all threads created by users on the ignore list from appearing in the front page "recent topics" dropdown menu?
    No. Just ignore them. There is a reason you want to ignore the threads. Probably because you don't like what the thread is about. So instead of clicking on a thread that is going to piss you off, just ignore it. You don't need to actually have someone on ignore.

When I say "Ignore", I mean like just move to something else.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    No. Just ignore them. There is a reason you want to ignore the threads. Probably because you don't like what the thread is about. So instead of clicking on a thread that is going to piss you off, just ignore it. You don't need to actually have someone on ignore.

When I say "Ignore", I mean like just move to something else.
    I can't know that from just the thread title. I know it's gonna be a stupid thread if it's posted by some users, but I have no way to know that from the main page until I actually click it.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I've never set anyone to ignore... I honestly wonder what it does specifically...
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    I've never set anyone to ignore... I honestly wonder what it does specifically...
    It hides their posts but unfortunately not their threads on the main list, and not quotes.

I'm sure this would be a nice feature to have but it would require custom site modifications and to be fair it is probably not a very high priority among other changes/fixes for the site.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Speaking of which, is there some way or plan to change the forum selection from computer-based to user-based? In other words, right now, if I don't want to see certain forums in the front page list, I have to turn them off on each computer I sign in to. It should be something we can set in our user profile and have set up every time we log in.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    It hides their posts but unfortunately not their threads on the main list, and not quotes.

I'm sure this would be a nice feature to have but it would require custom site modifications and to be fair it is probably not a very high priority among other changes/fixes for the site.
    What about them replying to you, do you just not see it? Also, I would assume the thread bumps back up to the top of the recent even when they post, you just don't see the post. Also, when it comes to the number of posts on the thread (like yours is #6 on this one) does it just skip the number or does it just continue on to the next post and the numbers do not skip?
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

What about them replying to you, do you just not see it? Also, I would assume the thread bumps back up to the top of the recent even when they post, you just don't see the post. Also, when it comes to the number of posts on the thread (like yours is #6 on this one) does it just skip the number or does it just continue on to the next post and the numbers do not skip?
    If you would like to experiment, feel free to ignore me and post a comment informing me to message you and post a new comment.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    If you would like to experiment, feel free to ignore me and post a comment informing me to message you and post a new comment.
    I imagine I can remove you from ignore later? >.<

I'll try it though, I'm going to see about setting you to ignore now.
    ~~ ~~

I imagine I can remove you from ignore later? >.<

I'll try it though, I'm going to see about setting you to ignore now.
    I'm pretty sure I don't post enough to have our paths cross, regardless. It's fine.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is what it looks like.

So, mystery solved, I suppose. Now to figure out how to remove ignore...
    ~~ ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Speaking of which, is there some way or plan to change the forum selection from computer-based to user-based? In other words, right now, if I don't want to see certain forums in the front page list, I have to turn them off on each computer I sign in to. It should be something we can set in our user profile and have set up every time we log in.
    No plans to do that at this time. Right now it is just a simple cookie set on each computer IIRC, that way non users can still use the feature.