Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Yea it is.. kinda. The key is to get the oil rig though which can be time consuming or costly for alts. After that, its free gold, sorcerous elements and enchanting mats. Oh and apexis.

- - - Updated - - -

Barns are just bad when it comes to gold/h. There are better ways of making gold if you got that kind of time to spend. I guess the only fool proof building is the inn. Its just free daily gold for few clicks.
    How is barn bad in terms of gold? Depends how you count it. I really hate using gold per hour because it's so fucking inaccurate for things like this.

I only count the time spent farming the cages for barn GPH because after that... the building works without my attendence. I just collect loot, nothing else. So if I'm able to farm 250-300 cages per hour, that means I will eventually get 250 savage blood + 5500 sumptuous furs. I will use my server price values @ 100g for blood and 2g for fur.

So with my calculation it's about 30-35k gold per hour. Bad? I don't think so.

But many people are counting work order processing to this equation. 250 crates will process for 1000 hours, on top of 1 hour spent farming them. So now suddenly gold per hour is..... 35g/h. 35g/h sounds pretty bad? It does. But not once you multiply it by numer of alts. Say 10 alts, now it's 350g/h. Still pretty bad? So now imagine that you earn this 350g/h at ALL TIMES. All 168 hours in your week. Even if you sleep or when you fuck your girlfriend. All you need to do is to keep these barns stocked up and this is taking 2-3 hours per week for me. You earn 1 gold every 10 seconds regardless of what you are currently doing. You can raid, you can work, you can sleep or go out on a date. It just does not stop ticking. That's the power of offline progression.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2015-09-15 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwings View Post
    How long would you say this set up would take to get running?
    The base gold from the smaller gold missions averages alone is pretty much doable at 100 since the tier 3 inn missions make up a smaller percentage of it. You just need followers with treasure hunter traits and with counter abilities to match. If you fly through to level to 100 without questing you'll be follower starved and need to get more followers either slowly witht he inn or going back and getting them from questing.

You could earn around 10-15 followers from questing and that's be enough to get you decently started and just build up from there for the max'd out amount.

If this is a person with only 1 100 to start, thats gonna take a while because you need to level more toons and do the process. If you have 11+ 100's already then the process becomes faster(because the other 100's stuff and gold can help support to speed the process.

So giving you a definitive time frame is hard to get say 11 toons max'd up like this without knowing an individual's situation with toons and other variables.

If I were to say see a new account leveling toons with no raf or help from others it will take obviously months due to lack of help/knowledge/gold.

A vet player with 11 90's returning and with plenty of gold saved, heirlooms fully upgraded, and rapid mind potions bought could do each toon to 100 in about 4 hours... faster if they got someone with fast flying helping them. Then its a matter of resource gathering either in zones plus garrison wise to get tier 3 then start work orders to get their buildings achievements for the account wide unlock or such.

In such a vet's case it'd take them about a month if they dont spend gold, less than a month if they do. (again to max point)

Without max point, then they'd still make again roughly 300-800g average from the base gold method without the inn in most cases if clearing multiple times daily, then add the jc option salvage etc to the fray UNTIL they flesh out their factories fully.

Its a method basically that starts making gold from the start and just builds depending on the speed you build it.

There many other variations as well that lessen on the focus of the gold missions and more on crafting focuses too but the those methods can be less profitable, especially if a player is stuck on a small population server where their economy is just horrible. I was discussing this today with someone on a small server where they've a 5k or less population. I used as a crafting method example an inscriptionist variation focusing making omens and fortune cards. On their small server those cards were lucky to sell 100 a day. Then I contrasted it with a 14k pop server where they sold 1500 a day. It really can be that dramatically different and thus much less money to be had when being dependent on the auction house.

Thus on smaller servers this method really does much better in the long run and then selling on the AH just becomes a small part time income supplement.

And this method really shines with people on connected realm servers that can make 33 garrisons obviously but that of course triples the time taken to set up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    How is barn bad in terms of gold? Depends how you count it. I really hate using gold per hour because it's so fucking inaccurate for things like this.

I only count the time spent farming the cages for barn GPH because after that... the building works without my attendence. I just collect loot, nothing else. So if I'm able to farm 250-300 cages per hour, that means I will eventually get 250 savage blood + 5500 sumptuous furs. I will use my server price values @ 100g for blood and 2g for fur.

So with my calculation it's about 30-35k gold per hour. Bad? I don't think so.

But many people are counting work order processing to this equation. 250 crates will process for 1000 hours, on top of 1 hour spent farming them. So now suddenly gold per hour is..... 35g/h. 35g/h sounds pretty bad? It does. But not once you multiply it by numer of alts. Say 10 alts, now it's 350g/h. Still pretty bad? So now imagine that you earn this 350g/h at ALL TIMES. All 168 hours in your week. Even if you sleep or when you fuck your girlfriend. All you need to do is to keep these barns stocked up and this is taking 2-3 hours per week for me. You earn 1 gold every 10 seconds regardless of what you are currently doing. You can raid, you can work, you can sleep or go out on a date. It just does not stop ticking. That's the power of offline progression.
    Two things that stand out with this though.

1. You have to farm, as you say, for about an hour for those cages.... -per- toon. That's 11 hours farming if you're running 11 alts on a server under that method.

2. Your method is almost entirely server's economy dependent. If sales are slow be it because of the time of year, demand due to low pop etc, then the numbers mentioned on profits could take a considerable amount of time and thus the consistency in gold coming in on a daily basis is diminished with punctuatedly good points (like weekends during the school year etc). Worse yet values can vary widely due to too many variables to go into.

The missions and dailies method has a more passive and consistent gold return thus for time spent in the eyes of many due to being not dependent on the player population and econ.

That isnt to say your method isnt profitable. There are many crafting methods supported by garrison building set ups that are, its just to say that its not necessarily going to be consistently good across all servers due to its econ dependency.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Don't bother with Shityard, not worth the hassle.
    The shipyard has its downside to be sure(like the risk of losing ships).

But many people dont know how to use the shipyards well either, just like the ignorance on follower missions.

Many still dont know for example about the murloc crew ships(act as two counters) or even the goblin crews for extra gold. Its a hassle just like followers in getting set up but its still a good side project method of gold and other items of benefit to supplement any main method of gold making.

Dismissing it outright as not worth the hassle though is just a bit disingenuous.
    Last edited by Sanguinesun; 2015-09-15 at 11:14 PM.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    The problems with the shityards are:
    A) The time spent to level ships.
    B) You cannot build a ship composition that will max 100% all gold missions (17 total, if i recall correctly). One of them is definitely not able to be maxed, since it requires Land, Carrier and Battleship as counters, but the mission has only 2 ships and there is no murloc crew carrier or battleship.
    C) Building the most optimal ship composition will need either much attending (building and decomissioning ships on cooldown till you get the goblin crews and the murloc destroyer), or a huge amount of garrison resources, which are already translated to gold, thus losing potential profit from those. Some naval equipment changes will be needed, so more garrison resources lost. Mission Completion Orders help, but that means you will lose a large building like the War Mill, which generates income passively. The Spirit Lodge/Arcane Tower requires farming time as well.
    D) You should also notice that the most lucrative gold missions need the ghostly spyglass naval equipment which costs double the resources.
    E) The frequency of the gold naval missions is horrible. Partly countered with double goblin crews and (potential) gold area buffs, but re-countered by C) point.
    F) The potential destruction of the fleet you constructed. If you think Unsinkable is the way, then you actually lower your gold income as you lower the overall percentage of success.
    Last edited by Fabinas; 2015-09-17 at 02:06 AM.

Deleted
    @Sanguinesun

I get your explanation but trading post income is entirely dependent on server economy as well. If it's a low pop backwater, you won't have the means to drop 20,000 draenic dust there and expect it to sell quickly at good price. It has an advantage of not having to farm anything as you gain garrison resources through missions primarily.

My advice is still the same

Barn if you want to farm stuff - it's more effective if you combine it with professions: use that savage blood to create gear upgrade tokens
    Trading Post if you can't be arsed to farm anything but want some extra income

Inn is pretty much an auto include.

1. Inn is worth having for sure, on all chars that have treasure hunter followers covered with all the abilities (diminishing really doesnt matter)
    2. Barn is way way more profitable than a trading post, only reason i see you wanting a trading post is if you have a fresh alt, then just dont do the inn
    3. Spend resources on barn work orders, you'll be swimming in mats for your tailors (bags gold doh) or just selling on ah and still killing it.
    4. Easily over a mil in gold per month with close to 10 chars, takes about 1.5 hours per day of playing (can be less if you go with a storehouse and just loggin in every other day or 2).

Doing barn is tedious though, after you've done it for a few months, so, switching to TP/Inn can be a nice relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    @Sanguinesun

I get your explanation but trading post income is entirely dependent on server economy as well. If it's a low pop backwater, you won't have the means to drop 20,000 draenic dust there and expect it to sell quickly at good price. It has an advantage of not having to farm anything as you gain garrison resources through missions primarily.

My advice is still the same

Barn if you want to farm stuff - it's more effective if you combine it with professions: use that savage blood to create gear upgrade tokens
    Trading Post if you can't be arsed to farm anything but want some extra income

Inn is pretty much an auto include.
    Trading post was mentioned as a side/supplement to the gold mission focus. However, you seem now be conceding that the missions method we've all been discussing thus far is an "auto include" with your barn method which Im not sure was made explicitly clear before this point in your above post.

Barn and trading post do have 100% dependence on the server's economy.

But as mentioned before, the missions method alone has zero dependency on a server's econ. That alone makes it more compelling a method because it works equally effectively on any server.

Sure if you want to include your barn -with- the mission method though, that assuredly does make one more gold; however, it still goes back into the time spent factor to farm for the barn. Combining with professions as well wasn't a point of contention really either, as both trading post and barn can employ either or simply sell the mats outright.Either way the trading post is the more passive method for supplemental income. Also dismissively stating those choosing the trading post because they "Cant be arsed" without factoring people's game time or other variables I think is as well a bit disingenuous.

Look I get that you're protective of the barn method and it suits you, but it just becomes less compelling when not a small number of variables are considered.

But again, all in all, -both- methods(and others) can be employed to make gold depending on players' situations.
    Last edited by Sanguinesun; 2015-09-18 at 06:52 AM.

Deleted
    It's generally not advisable to rely on one and only method in order to fund yourself.

I get the best results balancing everything out.
    -Got mission tables + Inn + THs on all chars cos that's the most efficient method of getting raw gold (no dependency on eco)
    -got crafting professions + barns on all chars save for one (main) which got trade post with ah
    -doing the profession CDs, JC daily quests and inscription daily assembles for extra gold
    -even old content CDs such as jard peculiar in engi or living steel in alch
    -occasional satchel from hc
    -some gold from old raid soloing (primarily for transmog but soloing 25H cata raids does bring a ton of extra money)

Back when enchants and ench mats were nicely priced (pre BRF) i was also making gold with enchanting - buying temp crystals & crafting blue quality "expensive" enchants. I made ca. 600k gold in 2 months with this method. Currently i don't do it, not worth my time when temporal is like 60g each and there's 10 undercutter bots in AH. Heck, mythic trash farming in HM & BRF was bringing huge money, you could sell a BOE for upwards of 100k on highly populated raiding servers.

I've been reading the comments here, being interested to hear your opinions. Mine is that Barn is a greater source of income than Inn/Tavern, but at the cost of a lof of time spent for farming meat/fur and convenience. I've built Barn on 3 chars only, and rarely I can find time to put some orders on them. Hell, the only time I could do that, it would be in the weekend, which is not profitable in the end. So, depending on the time available, you've got your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    I've been reading the comments here, being interested to hear your opinions. Mine is that Barn is a greater source of income than Inn/Tavern, but at the cost of a lof of time spent for farming meat/fur and convenience. I've built Barn on 3 chars only, and rarely I can find time to put some orders on them. Hell, the only time I could do that, it would be in the weekend, which is not profitable in the end. So, depending on the time available, you've got your choice.
    I run around 3 barns because otherwise I would lose my mind.
    Trading posts ARE less gold, but you also can just blow all of your resources and make some decent gold.
    Rush orders for the barn are also pretty solid.

Trading post if you are super casual and time limited, Barn if you are merely casual and have more free time. That's basically what I've read here.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I believe it largely depends on what your garrisons are, if your a single toon garrison barn is going to be better most likely.

On the other end I play 9 thru garrisons daily, and every one of those toons has 5+ scavengers and trading post. Between the mission board garrison resource missions, daily garrison resources for just having a garrison and daily garrison resources from doing trading post work orders; you have all the garrison resources needed to keep professions running or if so inclined sell mats bought from trading post. In that case you would be crazy to have barn(s) as they consume time you could actually be out enjoying the game instead of working the garrisons.

Also Bloods, well every single day I get 2-3 missions per toon that award 20 or 30 primals. Trade said primals for blood. I have over 15k primals across my toons and haven't done mines since 6.1 launched, quit herb garden 2 weeks ago.

It has also got to the point I quit making the professions that offer soulbound mats except my tailors (bags will always sell and I am hoarding now for 7.0 release), swimming in soulbound mats already. On the other hand Alchemy and Enchanting offer mats you can easily sell.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus. A whole bunch of people who have yet to even read the original question. Do you all spout off the first thought that comes to mind? I'm asking a question focused strictly on the diminishing returns of multiple inns, and yet not one of you have done anything but spit out some cap that I already know. Thank you for absolutely wasting my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Jesus. A whole bunch of people who have yet to even read the original question. Do you all spout off the first thought that comes to mind? I'm asking a question focused strictly on the diminishing returns of multiple inns, and yet not one of you have done anything but spit out some cap that I already know. Thank you for absolutely wasting my time.
    Just carry on being a dickhead, dickhead. It seems to come super naturally to you. I don't know how people like you manage to exhibit such a purified form of assholery.

Meanwhile, there is no "diminishing returns" except for the most valuable gold missions like Blingtron. There is a constant spam of 3-5+ treasure missions per day for 30-100g if you have the Inn, for every character that has the Inn.

And glad I could be of help, no, go fuck yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inn missions are per-character, its the rest of the gold missions that are split from my experience. So if you want that bit of extra gold, have all the lvl 3 inns. You can also use them to slowly work towards a full-bonus resource team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Your question was answered pretty early on in the thread. So evidently it wasn't made abundantly obvious enough for your comprehension?

Deleted
    You are confused.

Inn's missions doesnt have and never had diminishing returns. They changed the rare missions not the inn missions so instead of having a spawn chance per character is a chance per account.

Inn missions <> Rare missions(150g+) (well,theres rare inn missions but these qualify as rare).

So summarizing:

1. Inn missions are not affected by how many chars you have.Never were.
    2. Rare missions are not affected either.The system rolls and if you get a rare mission it would spawn on some character (so 1,3,22...it does not matter).Now you dont get 6 rare missions a day but the thing is: its not you get a smaller chance for every character...the roll is calculated on the account so it does not matter the number of characters.

P.S: Please,dont steal the christmas these year m8...

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinesun View Post
    The shipyard has its downside to be sure(like the risk of losing ships).

But many people dont know how to use the shipyards well either, just like the ignorance on follower missions.

Many still dont know for example about the murloc crew ships(act as two counters) or even the goblin crews for extra gold. Its a hassle just like followers in getting set up but its still a good side project method of gold and other items of benefit to supplement any main method of gold making.

Dismissing it outright as not worth the hassle though is just a bit disingenuous.
    Even if you just drop whatever ships you have on it, ship missions reward enough gold to make it worthwhile.

They're also by far the fastest way of completing the first two raid collection quests for the Legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinesun View Post
    To clarify as I think some dont understand fully how one works the tier 3 tavern/inn and the follower missions.

Inn/Tavern as most do know gives additional, high yield gold reward missions. This is above and beyond the small gold reward missions. Thus there are two different sets that can be seen at the command table. The nerf to the tavern's gold missions (less and less frequent) doesn't seem to be correlated with the smaller gold rewards missions. However I could be wrong on that point.

Also as most know, you need to set your followers to treasure hunter trait to double up on gold rewards missions. This is a key component to why they can be more lucrative.

And lastly, and this is the point that most never pay attention to:

Clear/set your gold missions(and other missions so you get gold missions next clear) as many times a day as you can. THIS is how you earn the most gold you can a day with the missions. If you only go in and set/clear once a day, this method becomes pretty anemic. The smaller gold missions typically clear in 1hr so you can clear them many times a day. Some hours there wont be a gold one to clear so you have to clear exp, garrison resource, item, oil, etc missions or another such so that there is a good chance to spawn another gold mission.

Typically this equals for me 500-1000+ gold a day -per- garrison. If you have 11 garrisons that potentially over 10k gold a day that is almost passively earned.

That's how you do it.

Now a few things that can be added to the fray:

1. JC building level 2 with a follower: gives a daily quest that earn you a 150-300g reward.
    2. Scribe's Quarters level 2 with a follower: Draenor merchant orders for 75 or 225 gold
    3. Shipyard gold missions: stacked with goblin(more gold) crews and the bonus gold map quadrant active you can get some missions rewarding over 4k.
    4. Salvage yard level 3: vendoring or selling what you get from the crates/bags.
    5. Follower upgrade tokens and gear from missions. Once you've max'd your followers they dont need tokens so they can be vendored for gold both from the mission rewards and the salvage yard. Same goes for missions with those 610 gear pieces n the like, you just can vendor for gold once you dont need them(or de if preferred)

And a few other things. This can potentially double the gold made per garrison per day depending on those secondary options added.

And all this is before you even start adding other things like garrison resource dumping into the trading post for crafting, mine and herb garden, etc etc.

Again looking at doing one set of missions a day for one garrison and this seems worthless. Clear alot during the day and as well do this on many garrisons and the gold really does start to significantly add up.

For time spent for the gold made, this by far outstrips the barn method imo.

When I tell others new to wow or returning about garrisons I really try to impress upon them to think of garrisons not as forts but as factories: Input of resources and output of products. Specializing your workers to yield your chosen production results. Considering main products and by products etc etc etc. Once you look at garrisons like that, its much easier to see how you get them to work for you and how then to increase production with the more garrisons you set up.
    I do something very similar to this. I just need to get some trading posts going on some toons that don't need barns. I have 2 tailors and 1 LW so I'll keep the barns on those. The other 8 toons I'll get level 3 trading post for getting garrison resources as well as for gold (which I don't understand how yet but I'll figure it out someday).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    I don't even touch my level 3 barns on my 11 toons for months now... Only on my tailors sometimes and my LW sometimes... And that's like once in one or two months. I need to get rid of it soon though.

I'm still not understanding... was that earlier 100-200 bit missing some digits or really just 100-200 gold a week?

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I'm still not understanding... was that earlier 100-200 bit missing some digits or really just 100-200 gold a week?
    Who cares? The dude acted like an ass, so probably it meant just what he said and he thinks he's hot stuff.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"