Deleted

Can my computer run WoW?

Kinda killed my other computer so I want to play something here. Was thinking of WoW, But I don't really know if i can run it.

My stats:

Windows XP
    1gb ram
    Pentium(r) 4CPU 2.66GHz
    NVIDIA Geforce 6200 turbocache ( 256mb memory )

If possible to run, on what settings? If not can you suggest any other mmorpg games? I can play minecraft on 20-60fps but i dont like that game. I can run League of Legends on lowest settings, but the loading screens take forever, and i dont like that game much.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    It's been a while since I've known someone with a very old computer playing WoW, so I know it used to be possible (and the WoW listed minimum requirements says you still can). However, you will have to have ever graphic setting brought down to the minimum. The person I knew that played WoW on such a system basically described her screen as almost being line art, but she was able to raid.

Deleted
    Do you suggest any other mmos for my specs?

Deleted
    I don't think that you will be able to play anything current on that rig unfortunately. The p4 was poo at the time(2003- 2004)and MMO's tend to be more single thread CPU intensive than anything else.

I would possibly look for someone getting rid of a core 2 duo/quad based system, as even they are worth nothing now but would provide a massive improvement over a p4 based setup.

When you say you killed your other computer, did you fill the case with water? If not it is likely that some of that can be rescued/re-used.

I believe wow no longer supports the p4. I think you need at least a dual core. I think they made the change around cata or mop. I had a p4 that ran wow fine until then, now it just won't load and I get a warning telling me it's incompatible.

With that computer, your best bet of playing any kind of games are minesweeper, solitaire, pinball and freecell.
    wow won't boot on that wooden pc, it will warn that you're below minimum requirements and will not run. that cpu is so old I'm amazed it hasn't burned out yet (p4 were known for running hot).
    Better get a new pc or a used one that is more recent than your actual pc. Unless you want to play games from the 20th century.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zeatzijs View Post
    Kinda killed my other computer so I want to play something here. Was thinking of WoW, But I don't really know if i can run it.

My stats:

Windows XP
    1gb ram
    Pentium(r) 4CPU 2.66GHz
    NVIDIA Geforce 6200 turbocache ( 256mb memory )

If possible to run, on what settings? If not can you suggest any other mmorpg games? I can play minecraft on 20-60fps but i dont like that game. I can run League of Legends on lowest settings, but the loading screens take forever, and i dont like that game much.
    Yea I wouldn't try. BTW the Geforce 6200 is onboard graphics, which means the 1GB you have minus 256MB.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can run classic wow on that pc.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you had a newer CPU you can run WoW without a graphic card at all. Integrated graphics runs WoW fine - no joke.

I5-4460, I5 4670/K etc.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    If you had a newer CPU you can run WoW without a graphic card at all. Integrated graphics runs WoW fine - no joke.

I5-4460, I5 4670/K etc.
    With modern PC culture if you're not running your game at max settings why run it at all?