Starcraft 1 (fan made) remake in Sc2?

I've never played any of the Starcraft games before so I thought I'd give them a try, starting with the first one. I can buy it and the expansion really cheap, but the graphics are terrible by now, plus there's apparently some issues getting it to work in Windows 7+.

Are there any decent remakes of it made with the Starcraft 2 editor I could play instead? I'm talking one that's entirely true to the original - same dialogue, cinematics, same units, same abilities etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was one that had the campaign for Terran at least, but it wasn't 100% true to the original. This is due partly because the ai in sc2 is improved a lot. Also, they made some sections third person for whatever reason. The graphics may be dated, but I suggest getting BW and playing that. It's not too terrible to set up with the mca64 launcher from team liquid. I'm on mobile or I'd link it to you.

Use Chaoslauncher, it works beautifully for Windowed mode which makes it nicer to play

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/broo...ncher-for-1161

Pretty certain it fixes discoloration too
    Last edited by Scandral; 2015-09-18 at 08:20 PM.

Try Mass Recall. They re-did all SC1 and brood wars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mass Recall is a very-very good remake of SC1 which, in my opinion, turned out even better than original. I've never played the original Brood War campaigns, and playing them in Mass Recall was a huge lot of fun.

It is true to the original in terms of units you can make, maps layout, dialogues, cinematics, etc. What differs is AI: it is much more advanced in SC2. The enemy no longer keeps suiciding random units at your base, it now is much more organized. Which, again, only makes it more fun. Also, when I played it back in 2013, two missions were remade to be RPG-like, with third person view. I don't know if it has changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

[QUOTE=May90;36210474 two missions were remade to be RPG-like, with third person view. I don't know if it has changed.[/QUOTE]

You can choose old style gameplay for those, here's link to Mass Recall: http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/starcraft-mass-recall/

It's a bit harder than original, but it's worth it.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I can suggest you Mass Recall also, they done very good job, its faithful to the original
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*