Poll: Have you ever said you didnt play WoW while you did?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Have you ever hidden the fact that you were playing World of Warcraft?

Remember back in the days when WoW was known to be that big nerd game? Especially from people who didnt play games, they kept hearing about World of Warcraft and the imago of WoW was sort of, well if you play it your a nerd. This opinion from people has over time been removed.

But have you ever hid from someone you met or friends, that you play World of Warcraft?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

If they ask, I'm honest, but I don't really rush to let them know.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Nope. I feel no need to.

I mean, heck, all my friends knew I watched MLP at some point so why hide WoW even. (Although MLP was only to season 2 and I would never call myself a brony, it was just an alright pasttime)

Nope. Kind of hard to not mention it when you met your wife playing MMO's ( SWG in my case).

10+ Year Old Account
    My partner introduced me to the game, so nope. When people want to hang out during my raid time, I tell them I'm raiding.

Deleted
    lol all the time :D. I shouldn't though.

I now say "I play a team game".

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow was so popular at my school that kids even went to someones home just watch you play :P
    Everybody knew that i was playing, also plenty of girls I've met at university told me they played in the past aswell. It's crazy I've traveled through europe and always met someone who played either wc3 or wow.
    Last edited by Glaziola; 2015-09-14 at 08:00 PM.

I don't outright proclaim that I'm playing but someone asks, I won't lie about it.

I run a horde patch on my shooting vest. And most of my non gamer friends understand what "Gotta go Raid starting" means, even if they don't understand was a raid is.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

why would I want to hide the fact that I'm a night elf mohawk?

No. Never hid my video game hobby from anyone, but I also don't go around talking about myself in public.

I fucking hide the hell out of that shit.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Nope, I wear a whole bunch of WoW paraphernalia rather often. I am, even now, at the moment.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

No, if they ask, I'll tell them. But I don't go around saying that I play WoW to everyone I see.

Its not something I ever openly told people, and no one has ever really asked.
    People see it on my computer though, so its not like I start trying to lie.
    A had a few friends I spent a lot of time with IRL that also played, but after college haven't seen them in a while.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Never lied about it.

In fact I have always made fun of myself for being so addicted to WoW in the past.

Also, it was impossible for me to hide such a thing because WoW used to be my favorite game and it was a huge part of my life for a very long time, I'd use WoW wallpapers and listen to its music, which always led to people asking where the songs/papers came from etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always say I'm playing Hello Kitty Island Adventure instead.

Deleted
    I think anyone who I have had more than a few talks with knows.

In my personal life, I never hid it. I wasn't raiding every night, or at all past Wrath, and I've been gaming a long time. None of my siblings game that much, but they never gave me a hard time about it. My friends are a mix, some game, some are Facebook game addicts, some don't. Whatever. Some of them, I met through WoW. Last serious gf I had was a serious gamer, was a Playstation addict, and I got her into older games like Diablo2. The current girl I'm seeing does mostly phone games - I introduced her to Fallout Shelter, now she's pissed (not really, you know the drill) at me, because she's addicted to it.

In my professional life, never came up, didn't talk about it, would be embarassed to be discussing it in the corporate environment i work in.

Deleted
    "I can't now, I have a team game planned with some friends". It makes it sound so corporate and serious. Can't go wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people I know for a while, know at least, that I am a gamer. What games I play is only discussed with other gamers. Non-gamers don't understand the difference between MMOs, CRPGs or Shooter or RTS anyway.