Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Sarah Palin Wants Immigrants to ‘Speak American’

She also would get rid of the Dept. of Energy if Donald Trump tapped her for his cabinet

Former Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin said in a recent interview that U.S. immigrants should “speak American” and that she’d get rid of the Department of Energy if Donald Trump asked her to serve in his administration.

During a Sunday appearance on CNN’s State of the Union, host Jake Tapper asked Palin what she thought of Trump’s insistence that fellow presidential hopeful Jeb Bush speak only English on the campaign trail. “It’s a benefit of Bush to be able to be so fluent, because we have a large and wonderful Hispanic population that’s helping to build America,” she said according to The Wrap.

Then she added, “We can send a message and say, ‘You want to be in America, A, you’d better be here legally or you’re out of here. B, when you’re here, let’s speak American. Let’s speak English, and that’s a kind of a unifying aspect of a nation is the language that is understood by all.”

Trump recently said that Palin was “a special person” and that he’d “love” for her to be part of his administration if elected. Palin herself told CNN that she’d be a qualified candidate for the Department of Energy, given the former Alaskan governor’s knowledge of “oil and gas and minerals, those things that God has dumped on this part of the Earth for mankind’s use.” (Though as the Washington Post notes, that’d make her a better fit for the Department of Interior.)

The job as energy secretary wouldn’t last long, however.

“If I were head of that, I would get rid of it,” Palin said. “And I would let the states start having more control over the lands that are within their boundaries and the people who are affected by the developments within their space.”
    http://time.com/4024396/sarah-palin-...gy-department/

Breaking down language Barriers for America!

Trump/Palin 2016?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    u'bet'cha!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Don't we already have a thread about this with the same exact title?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

How is Palin still a thing in the USA? :/

10+ Year Old Account
    She hasn't been relevant in forever, and we all know she is dumb as rocks. This just reinforces the point

I agree with her. They need to embrace our culture and values or they will be outcasts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    How is Palin still a thing in the USA? :/
    U suprised? They got Dan Bilzerian and Trump running. Bush was their president for 8 years.
    Im just surprised we dont have Sasha Baron Cohen calling the shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post

Trump/Palin 2016?
    I can't believe that I'm defending Sarah Palin, but what's the big deal here? That she referred to American as a language (which she appeared to have immediately corrected)? If we're chastising people for making up languages, I think our current president would have to be included in that as well. If we're disagreeing with her proposal that immigrants learn English, well isn't that already part of the process?

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    I can't believe that I'm defending Sarah Palin, but what's the big deal here? That she referred to American as a language (which she appeared to have immediately corrected)? If we're chastising people for making up languages, I think our current president would have to be included in that as well. If we're disagreeing with her proposal that immigrants learn English, well isn't that already part of the process?
    I think it is even less stupid than that to be honest, I think she was saying it as a means to state that they should be speaking the American version of the English language. Which is reasonably different from that of the Brits. While the same language, we do have quite a decent bit of differences from one another, especially once slang language is introduced into the discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Don't we already have a thread about this with the same exact title?

Yep, this OP is a week late to the party.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

I'm going to buck the trend and say that the video is hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aaaannnndddd... Who is this silly child?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Except "American" is not a language. English is.

Not quite true, there's Queen's English, what most of the world knows as just English. Then there's the English spoken here in The U.S. that is commonly referred to as American English.
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkacid View Post
    I agree with her. They need to embrace our culture and values or they will be outcasts.
    What would that involve? A gunshot wound, becoming clinically obese and an inability to understand the concept of irony?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sarah Palin's dumb self aside, it's probably not that unreasonable of a request to ask people immigrating to this country to at the very least make a concerted effort to learn and speak English. The whole idea of a melting pot country doesn't really work if the people immigrating to that country make no effort to adopt the host countries culture/values/language.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Except "American" is not a language. English is.
    How dare you SIR! Next thing you know you will be saying that England uses the metric system.

Yeah, this woman much like Donald Trump has no business anywhere near government or the presidency. I would sooner elect the kid in the video she is hilarious.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    She hasn't been relevant in forever, and we all know she is dumb as rocks. This just reinforces the point

You wouldn't be referring to what I reference in my signature, now would ya?

Granted I haven't been much of a fan since she stuck us with Parnell being a turncoat, but some of the things people attribute to her aren't actually true.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post

Trump/Palin 2016?
    Go Sarah. A shining beacon for how all American women should be. As usual, she's spot on.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Although I think this particular snippet is rather overblown compared to some of her doozies in the past, I'm real glad she is continuing to show us why we should all be really glad she didn't end up VP.

Maybe it's all related to this and she is selling it to the crowd?