Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Actually yes as the OP has an mATX board with:
    1 x PCIEx 3.0 x16
    2 x PCIEx 3.0 x1
    1 x PCI

So no, CrossFire or SLI isn't going to happen.
    I knew there was a reason i had you on ignore. It is apparently reading comprehension.

Lets read what the guy i responded to posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    He has a m-atx board and only pne pci express slot on the mobo so that might be hard
    And now my response:

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Uhh... No. mATX has two PCIe slots.
    I didn't say one damn thing about SLI or Crossfire.

I was correcting a factual mistake by the guy i responded to. The board does, in fact, have two PCIe slots.

I dont give a good goddamn if one is 1x.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    I knew there was a reason i had you on ignore. It is apparently reading comprehension.

Lets read what the guy i responded to posted:

And now my response:

I didn't say one damn thing about SLI or Crossfire.

I was correcting a factual mistake by the guy i responded to. The board does, in fact, have two PCIe slots.

I dont give a good goddamn if one is 1x.
    Your arrogance and ignorance hasn't changed in any case I see.

He replied to a person who stated that his board probably supported SLI even if the board wasn't advertised as such.
    You then replied to him and considering the subject being written about was the question of SLI-ing a set of cards.

And I replied to you regarding the same line of conversation that he was actually correct.

If you reply to a subject without elaborating that you've changed the subject at hand then it is indeed reading comprehension or even just general comprehension of matters being discussed that is the issue, however let me give you a hint: It is not from my side.

It is wholly irrelevant whether or not you stated anything regarding CrossFire or SLI, you replied to an ongoing conversation about a specific subject that was being discussed, if you cannot give a correct answer or even understand what is being discussed then do not post at all.

And if you truly wish to be pedantic: The board in question has, in fact, have 3 PCIEx slots.

10+ Year Old Account
    The deviation is there if you use FP1 mode or something, gotta calibrate it yourself or it's got deviations.
    I didn't say it was bad though but colours in general still better in IPS.
    Well, whatever. Most people are used to look at burning blue bright monitors anyway. The difference in black levels would overshadow the color deviation by far.

Watch this, then keep in mind that this 4K LCD TV on the left is a VA (HU8550) with more or less 4200:1 contrast ratio. At the informal test people found the lower resolution plasma much better because of blacks mostly (well, that's the best Plasma you can buy so... Expected).

I'm not going to say that the difference between 1000:1 and 4.800~:1 is the same as 4200:1 and 33000:1. But what this test made clear is that you can easily see when blacks aren't black, and the difference at the final perception of the picture is huge.

VA isn't much better, but it's still better enough to be the one used at flagship LCD TVs.
    LG is the only big company selling IPS TVs, but they are also the only ones selling OLEDs so...

As I said at that price level I would rather have a 27" QHD IPS screen and on another note:
    FHD = 91,79 PPI @ 24"
    QHD = 108,79 PPI @ 27"
    Not the same PPI... and considering the amount of screens I've worked with I can tell you very easily that (ignoring colours) there is a notable difference between 24" @ 1080p vs. 27" 1440p... and it's not in favour of the 24".
    Ok, almost the same*

Deleted
    sli looks sweet and juicy only in benchmarks. In real word mehh would go for 980 Ti

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Well, whatever. Most people are used to look at burning blue bright monitors anyway. The difference in black levels would overshadow the color deviation by far.

Watch this, then keep in mind that this 4K LCD TV on the left is a VA (HU8550) with more or less 4200:1 contrast ratio. At the informal test people found the lower resolution plasma much better because of blacks mostly (well, that's the best Plasma you can buy so... Expected).

I'm not going to say that the difference between 1000:1 and 4.800~:1 is the same as 4200:1 and 33000:1. But what this test made clear is that you can easily see when blacks aren't black, and the difference at the final perception of the picture is huge.

VA isn't much better, but it's still better enough to be the one used at flagship LCD TVs.
    LG is the only big company selling IPS TVs, but they are also the only ones selling OLEDs so...
    Nothing unexpected there really.

They are saying the point's we've been tossing around as well.
    But regardless of blacks it is not the only thing to look at in a monitor.

Now find the same video but then in OLED and IPS instead of Plasma and LED

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Ok, almost the same*
    You're still going from a 24" TN panel which has good contrast values to a 27" IPS, the density increase is 18,52%, that's quite significant.
    Both have ups and downs but I personally believe that going to a bigger size with a higher PPI and superior colouring is better than superior blacks and higher frequency.

This of course may vary from person to person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing unexpected there really.

They are saying the point's we've been tossing around as well.
    But regardless of blacks it is not the only thing to look at in a monitor.

Now find the same video but then in OLED and IPS instead of Plasma and LED
    OLEDs are even more insane because they can go brighter than Plasmas, it's an unnecessary comparison since IPS is also worse than VA at blacks by far.
    You're still going from a 24" TN panel which has good contrast values to a 27" IPS, the density increase is 18,52%, that's quite significant.
    We're talking about VA and IPS. Leave TN out. TN has the same horrible contrast as IPS, it's the exact same thing. On top of that TNs also bad at viewing angles which makes the off-axis viewing experience really bad and sometimes even some color shifting at the corners looking from the perfect 90º position. It's good point is that it's a very mature technology and manufacturers can make really fast TN panels, which some people like.

I'd also take an IPS over TN any day. But VA over IPS.

Both have ups and downs but I personally believe that going to a bigger size with a higher PPI and superior colouring is better than superior blacks and higher frequency.

This of course may vary from person to person.
    Of course contrast isn't the only thing, but well... Best VA panels are also better at color reproduction. But they're also way more expensive and the best ones are big TVs.
    IPS strong point is that you can be sure you're going to see the same thing without shifting across the panel, which is a very important point for designers.