Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New Champion Discussion: Kindred, the Eternal Hunters

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/pag...ternal-hunters

If you guys missed the teaser posted yesterday:

Intro

We’re almost ready to breathe life into League’s next champion, a marksman designed for a life in the jungle. Kindred prowls through camps, marking enemy champions for death and permanently growing in strength if they’re able to carry out the promised sentence. But just as Kindred brings death, so can they delay it. Should their allies meet deadly force, Lamb - one of Kindred’s two spirits - can create a large blessed zone that, for a few valuable seconds, denies the ever-creeping and inevitable clutches of death.

Abilities

Passive: Mark of the Kindred
    Lamb marks an enemy champion - anywhere on the map - for death. After a delay, the mark activates - if Kindred kills them, or assists in their death, they gains a permanent stackable bonus to their basic attacks. In addition to Lamb choosing an enemy champion for the Mark of the Kindred, Wolf automatically hungers for large enemy jungle monsters from time to time. All champions can see targets that are marked for death.

Q: Dance of Arrows
    Kindred dashes in a target direction before firing at up to three nearby enemies.

W: Wolf's Frenzy
    Passive: Kindred builds stacks of Hunter’s Vigor as they move around. Once fully stacked, Kindred’s next basic attack steals a flat amount of health.
    Active: Wolf temporarily splits from Lamb, creating a large spirit zone around him and attacking whoever Lamb attacks, or his closest enemy. Lamb can cast Dance of Arrows with a greatly reduced cooldown while inside Wolf's Frenzy.

E: Mounting Dread
    Kindred initially slows a targeted enemy. If they’re then able to attack their crippled target three times in quick succession, the target suffers a burst of percent max health damage.

R: Lamb's Respite
    Kindred creates a large but temporary zone beneath itself or a targeted ally. While active, Lamb's Respite prevents ALL units within its boundaries from dropping below critical levels of health. Finally, Lamb's Respite applies a flat heal to all champions still inside as it ends.

Jungle
    Kindred makes short work of most jungle camps thanks to Wolf's Frenzy, which gives the twin spirits plenty of supporting damage as they chip away with their basic attacks. Crucially, by greatly reducing Dance of Arrows’ cooldown, Wolf's Frenzy allows Lamb to constantly dart around the camp all while it whittles down multiple targets. Their movement isn’t just for show, though - repeated leaps with Dance of Arrows quickly builds up Wolf's Frenzy’s passive, which, in turn, tops up their health as they head from camp to camp. Kindred might be a fragile champion, but by keeping on the move and attacking whenever their passive is ready, they’ll stay healthy enough to continue their hunt. Larger monsters prove the biggest challenge, and that’s where Kindred can turn to Mounting Dread. The ability is too mana-hungry to use on small monsters, but by applying it to hard-hitting and tanky beasts, Kindred can kite its targets a little easier and deal a chunk of percent max health damage once the ability hits max stacks. And once Kindred has purged their jungle, they’ll be ready to start hunting bigger prey.

Ganking
    Mark of the Kindred is a powerful tool, and not just for the buff it grants Kindred when they butcher a marked target. It has immense psychological value, too: knowing that they’ve been marked for death may force an enemy to play more passively, pulling back from their pushed lane for fear of an approaching gank. But marking prey doesn’t force Kindred to their lane; the mark’s global range means they can mark the enemy team’s mid for death before ganking top, for example. They won’t get a permanent boost, sure, but Kindred’s time is sometimes better spent helping allies than scrambling to kill targets who know they’re being hunted.

But when Kindred sets it sights on a target, how does it actually hunt? Mounting Dread provides a solid start, slowing their enemy as they close in to create a well-positioned Wolf's Frenzy. Once the lair’s live, Kindred’s all set to whittle their prey down with Dance of Arrows and basic attacks. But while Lamb and Wolf hit hard, they lack traditional hard crowd control effects, making them most effective when they gank wounded targets or attack alongside allies who can keep the enemy locked down.

Kindred should always keep an eye on the enemy team’s jungle, too, because while the twin beasts choose the champions they apply Mark of the Kindred to, the enemy jungle camps that suffer the same mark are picked at random. Kindred doesn’t gain vision of marked targets, but they do know that, by being marked, the camp at least lives. This is where Kindred uses their smarts: knowledge of live camps tell it where the enemy jungler is not, or at least where they may be headed, giving them the chance to plan their ganks or jungle routes accordingly. The mark’s also visible to the enemy jungler, too, who suddenly has to decide between killing off the marked camp to deny Kindred passive stats, or ganking. This isn’t an easy choice: choosing the latter, particularly in a lane well away from the marked camp, pretty much provides Kindred with a free invitation for extra stats. Otherwise, the enemy jungler can simply ward the marked buff and stay close enough to turn the tables on Kindred should they decide to kill the camp. As nimble and powerful as they are, Kindred still struggles against a number of strong dueling junglers.

Skirmishing
    Lamb's Respite, when timed or used correctly, is an absolutely momentous ability. It can stall epic monster kills - even bait out the enemy team’s smite - and, when Kindred’s team is on the wrong end of a beating, prolong their lives as they bring the enemy team to the same brink. The ability makes for a perfect tower-diving tool, too, only safeguarding the lives of the living, so offering no protection to the game’s towers. Even against unfavourable odds, Kindred’s team can often claim objectives by casting Lamb's Respite before pummelling the enemy team’s structures down. The ability’s heal gives them options, too: keeping them on the offensive if the enemy team dares a base race, or propping them up for long enough to finish off any enemy stragglers who attempted to save their doomed defenses.

Teamfights
    n full-scale fights, Kindred fights best behind their team’s frontline, pouncing around inside Wolf's Frenzy with as many Dance of Arrows attacks as possible, while throwing Mounting Dread on frontline enemies who manage to break through to their team’s delicate innards. If their team’s winning the fight, Kindred is best off saving Lamb's Respite to make sure their team’s heaviest damage dealers survive incoming damage. If they’re losing, on the other hand, Kindred can use Lamb's Respite to safeguard their entire team. The precious few seconds of immortality will help balance the playing field, leaving both team’s key players teetering on the precipice. And once the ult ends, the heal granted by Lamb's Respite will soon give way under the brutal few seconds that inevitably follow.

Last edited by 4KhazModan; 2015-09-15 at 07:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, I hear you guys liked Devourer, so here's a champion with Devourer that jungles so you can Devour while you Devour.

--

That said, insta buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Hey, I hear you guys liked Devourer, so here's a champion with Devourer that jungles so you can Devour while you Devour.

--

That said, insta buy.
    Devourer + passive + hurricane = fun times.

Passive that allows u to stack infinite ad + giving the champion a massive incentive to use devourer = good times.

They nerfed devourer for ranged takes for hits to proc sated.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2015-09-16 at 02:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm ready, I main jungle and do some adc off and on, so this is pretty much a perfect fit I think. Instant buy for me!

So we have a tank/mage in bot lane now with Morde, and this new champion is a marskman in the jungle. I wonder what kind of meta shake-up we'll get next?

10+ Year Old Account
    MY only question is Kindred a like, full time jungler? Or are they an ADC that grabs a jungle kill every now and then? Or both?

On the PBE, the release skin for Kindred, and it looks absolutely gorgeous!

Also, Sated is getting a nerf, probably as direct result of this champ:
    Ranged champions now trigger Phantom Hit this every fourth attack instead of every 2.

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2015/09/915-pbe.html
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    MY only question is Kindred a like, full time jungler? Or are they an ADC that grabs a jungle kill every now and then? Or both?
    The release page talks a lot about Kindred as a jungler, so I am guessing they are intended to be a jungler that happens to be a marksman

- - - Updated - - -

Also, here is a full clear:

Seems decent enough

So the text says Lamb and Wolf but all I see in that image at the top is Princess Mononoke and Haku (the dragon from Spirited Away) which is awesome.
    Last edited by Calfredd; 2015-09-16 at 06:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm love looks of this champion. Definitely will try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks great, the only thing I dislike is her Ulti healing Enemy Champs aswell as Friendlies. Not drop under critical HP for either I am fine with. seems kind of counter-productive to heal your enemies though. I can foresee a lot of Trolling or people just raging because of a large amount of "near" kills caused by an Enemy Healing and having time to have a CD come off and escaping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Looks great, the only thing I dislike is her Ulti healing Enemy Champs aswell as Friendlies. Not drop under critical HP for either I am fine with. seems kind of counter-productive to heal your enemies though. I can foresee a lot of Trolling or people just raging because of a large amount of "near" kills caused by an Enemy Healing and having time to have a CD come off and escaping.
    Get dota'ed. Lol. Honestly, there is more and more champions i would love to have "disable help" button on.

But seriously, i thought that it doesn't heal enemy units. It sounds really terrible, especially vs dive-in-get-out assassins.

Also i wonder how well this champion will be sieging enemy towers, when enemy have great wave clear but can't kill minions because of ult
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

A complete champion preview courtesy of Sp4zie:

- - - Updated - - -

Doublelift is not as enthusiastic lol

10+ Year Old Account
    No offense, but if the years have taught us anything, it's that Doublelift is shit at actually analysing the game and its champions.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    So we have a tank/mage in bot lane now with Morde, and this new champion is a marskman in the jungle. I wonder what kind of meta shake-up we'll get next?
    maybe a mage that is a marksmen... or tank adc.

Looks cool. I absolutely adore the design and voice acting. Definitely an insta buy for me.

Deleted
    It's going to be the most underpowered champ released so far. I see no damage.
    The only thing good on her kit is the ultimate.

Going to buy her though
    Last edited by mmocb564611563; 2015-09-16 at 07:39 PM.

My poor Ip. Sorry Rengar guess ill have to buy you later.

Quote Originally Posted by Free Punk View Post
    It's going to be the most underpowered champ released so far. I see no damage.
    The only thing good on her kit is the ultimate.

Going to buy her though
    Watch pbe game play of kindred. Her early dmg sucks but she has a passive that gives her permanent bonus attack damage. So it balances out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    My poor Ip. Sorry Rengar guess ill have to buy you later.
    Dude you have like 3-4 weeks before she even hits live.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2015-09-17 at 01:54 AM.

Deleted
    Imo the best design they had in a long time.

15+ Year Old Account
    She'd make for some very interesting team comps - design-wise she looks like Vayne jungle, but with some seriously powerful teamfight capability through her ultimate. Build-wise I can see her going for BotRK and/or Static Shiv - since she's very auto-attack dependent and her AA's reduce her on-hit proc.

I feel like she'd combo very well with Vayne ADC just for that reason - for one they both shred max health even faster: so good-f'ing-luck sending a tank in to engage these two. Secondly, Vayne's big weakness as an ADC is her vulnerability to short range/burst - Kindred ultimate turns Vayne into Trynda-Vayne - getting her to 1% hp just makes her angry - and with Vayne's knockback - if the dying enemy tries to come stand in Vayne's invincibility circle - Vayne just takes them to 1 hp and knocks them out to die in the cold.

Combine them with some hard CC champions to keep their kill targets in position - like Leona (already my fav Vayne support) - and suddenly you have a kind of absurd Bot Kill Lane: a jungler who can snare to help Leona land her initiate, a support who can chain-CC anyone, and a pair of HP-shredding hyper-mobile ADCs who can't die.

Colour me excited

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    No offense, but if the years have taught us anything, it's that Doublelift is shit at actually analysing the game and its champions.
    ^ That. If anything, that Doublelift doesn't like it probably means that Kindred will be awesome
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2015-09-18 at 10:51 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter