wowsimcraft - is it reliable?

Hey guys, a looooong time reader. only ever post now and then. Rerolled Warrior for this last tier and I am loving life.

However just feel like I should be doing more dps. decided to sim my character and and wowsimcraft on a patchwerk fight I should be doing 65k?! I mean I am barely doing 50k single target.

I am not going to ask for instructions on how to play in here but just want to know how reliable that site is?

Also is there a warrior dedicated website, such as how2priest for priests etc

keeping charging folks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Simcraft is a good way to gauge yourself in what you could be doing in an approximate manner. The only problem with it is that it plays near perfectly with rotation with little to no downtime. It's pretty much the best case scenario with talents selected. A thing that might help is posting some logs so we can take a look at what you're doing and see if it's something small or major you need to fix or work on.

-Edit-

Also, there is no dedicated site for warriors. This is it pretty much or SimC crew.
    Jakesterwars - Jakesterwars#1531
    Tyranny

ok thanks, ill try get some logs and get back to you.

in the meantime. I have 4piece and archimonde trinket but not legendary ring yet 2 more resets i think should do it i hope.

should i pool rage at any point or am i just spamming Col smash and MS on CD? currently only using WW when i go over 100 rage

Quote Originally Posted by Shingaru View Post
    should i pool rage at any point or am i just spamming Col smash and MS on CD? currently only using WW when i go over 100 rage
    That's pretty much all there is to it. Aside from rage threshold, WW shouldn't be used if there's <1 GCD before MS comes off CD but in practice that makes only a minor difference. The only time you pool rage is when you are approaching 20%, so that you can line up CDs with a full bar of rage for execute.

Am I looking at it wrong, or is that site nothing but a plugin to leech data off simulationcraft?

Yeah there is some confusion here, because the title is misleading, causing some to not understand exactly what the OP is asking.

Simcraft, the program, is very accurate for Warriors when used correctly.

wowsimcraft.com is a website that automatically runs simcraft with a very low amount of iterations, set timescale, and only patchwerk. So while it is based off Simcraft, you are getting results based on a very specific set of variables, and the low amount of iterations means that there is a lot more variance in the simulation.

Therefore the only answer to the question, is wowsimcraft accurate, is maybe. I don't know what version they are running, I don't know what variables they run, and the low iterations are a disservice. Remember that getting a number to assign your DPS via Simcraft is largely arbitrary. The number only matters when comparing performance, or other simulations, to the exact same set of circumstances. The true power of Simcraft comes from being able to run multiple setups, testing different sets of gear or different rotations under varying circumstances and comparing results. Wowsimcraft.com does not allow you to do this, thus I'd say it's usefulness is limited at best.