Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    My current issue with balance has nothing to do with #'s, its that its far to simple. the lack of control over eclipse is boring, casting 3 spells takes little thought, starfall just happens with the trinket. frankly its just not as engaging as it was last expac (before SS turret mode). on my short list would be, revert the eclipse mechanic back, speed up SF casting, and give us a choice in our talents.

Edit im sure others have better ideas on how to be more engaging but im just sad at the simplicity atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Boomkins have always scaled with gear, so it isn't suprising without it you find yourself struggling. It also kinda sucks that this tier we're balanced around a trinket that comes from the very last boss.

Sure in mythic when you have an enhance shaman in full bis 3/4 of the way thru progress that seems unfair, but when we make it to fully bis we'll ruin him (cause 4 of our pieces have outright higher ilv cause they're from archi).

While I won't be in full bis for a long time, and the archi trinket is game changing, you should be able to get your hands on it in some difficulty, and that's all that matters. (although the HC is WAAAY better than the normal version which just isn't reliable enough imo)

The trinket would have been designed better to always have 100% chance, and scaling mastery/int static stat going up from normal to mythic wf imo.

You'll get there, it just takes a little effort that's all, but that is what MMO's are all about isn't it?
    I Totally agree with this, it just sucks losing the roll on the trinket every time.. someone else gets it before me -_-, so once we manage to kill heroic mannoroth, then working on archi, and hoping we get him before mythics, my dps will burst alot. Yeah, it sucks when you have to move so much during all of these encounters, especially for iskar with the fire.

If you are hoping a normal class trinket will help you, you are sadly mistaken. Not only are you losing guaranteed benefit from another trinket(s), you are literally hoping RNG gods are in your favor.

If you're barely in heroic gear you won't even proc enough starsurge charges for you to smooth out your starfall uptime because of all the shit multistrike gear. Keep in mind haste gives you more dot ticks and crit increases your chance at starsurge charges while multi-strike is just poormans's crit at only 60% tops instead of 100% like crit. I would argue that you should coin kazzak in hopes to get warforged/socket all-stat trinket.

I just wish at 30% crit raid buffed, I'd crit at least ONCE in my opener. Also I hate how we almost have to play around legendary ring because we have 3 mins while our fkuing rogue/pally just pushes it willy nilly cause they have two mintues.

/rant

TLR boomkins are good in groups that can't cleave or RNG gods love you.

@Nat' Boomkin is perfectly fine on archi, both HC and mythic. The only time balance does 'poorly' on archi, is if you stack crazy geared melee who blow up the dogs. If they live for any reasonable amount of time balance can finish seriously high in the group. That said we fucking suck at killing doomfires.
    ^ This

I would understand QQ about Balance being rather boring to play, but complaining about doing low damage compared to other dps is just wrong.
    Personally I'm likely to reroll soon because to me the starfall spec is not as fun as it used to be, but pls don't blame it on dmg output and class utility.
    (We do suck hard at killing doomfires though, at least we can be gods at wave 5 infernals)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Claynoe View Post
    ^ This

I would understand QQ about Balance being rather boring to play, but complaining about doing low damage compared to other dps is just wrong.
    Personally I'm likely to reroll soon because to me the starfall spec is not as fun as it used to be, but pls don't blame it on dmg output and class utility.
    (We do suck hard at killing doomfires though, at least we can be gods at wave 5 infernals)
    its not complaining, its stating facts. His reply is total bullshit if you think about it, its like choosing between resto shaman who can burst aoe heal people in 5 seconds and picking resto druid who can spend 15 seconds slowly hothealing 20 people from 20% hp to full claiming he can get higher hps. That logic is retarded and creates room for error, "stacking" melee is not even a dps loss, most of them cleave for free anyway, just like hunter´s barrage, they pop that ability anyway so why not use it?

Moonkin is good only when you cant group up adds and cleave them down in seconds.

Yea, boomkin is definitely not a top tier dps spec. It's good for a few fights, but below average for the majority... I think Naturalna describes our situation well, we just aren't a good fit for most of the HFC fights, but we are definitely strong on fights we are good on. No matter how much you try, you'll be subpar dps on xhulhorac mythic for exemple... unless your guild sucks and you get to damage all adds by yourself alone, which would probably mean that you wipe to imps anyways. There just too much burst aoe in HFC and the burst aoe classes are too good at it.

I talk from my own experience, and from this:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...gregate=amount

It's definitely not the end of the world, but it's kinda sad... I'm starting to feel incapacitated like a feral druid on aoe

We may not be top dps however we are still very valuable, between roar, rebirth, and our basically passive aoe having a few boomkins for mythic fights is really nice.

yeah but we arent as helpful as hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Yea, boomkin is definitely not a top tier dps spec. It's good for a few fights, but below average for the majority... I think Naturalna describes our situation well, we just aren't a good fit for most of the HFC fights, but we are definitely strong on fights we are good on. No matter how much you try, you'll be subpar dps on xhulhorac mythic for exemple... unless your guild sucks and you get to damage all adds by yourself alone, which would probably mean that you wipe to imps anyways. There just too much burst aoe in HFC and the burst aoe classes are too good at it.

I talk from my own experience, and from this:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...gregate=amount

It's definitely not the end of the world, but it's kinda sad... I'm starting to feel incapacitated like a feral druid on aoe
    I love it when someone comapres parses of 30,000 boomkins to 900 firemages.

Just for arguments sake there is our first xhul kill: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done i agree boomkins suck..oh wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oculusdeath View Post
    I Totally agree with this, it just sucks losing the roll on the trinket every time.. someone else gets it before me -_-, so once we manage to kill heroic mannoroth, then working on archi, and hoping we get him before mythics, my dps will burst alot. Yeah, it sucks when you have to move so much during all of these encounters, especially for iskar with the fire.
    Dude, I am 5/13M and still do not have my class trinket -- been killing Archimonde for over 2 months now. You get it when you get it. I don't let a trinket gimp me.
    Bawkasaur - Feral PvE | Bawk - Feral PvE - Youtube - Twitter - Website - Twitch

In regards to the trinket debate, I thought after the SoC nerf that we were showing it below HDSI and HPiston. Can someone correct me if I am wrong please.

Just for arguments sake there is our first xhul kill: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done i agree boomkins suck..oh wait.

Lol no kidding, and anyone who thinks a graphic showing fire mages and demo locks as by far the top dps clearly arent looking critically at any of the data available.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBGreene View Post
    In regards to the trinket debate, I thought after the SoC nerf that we were showing it below HDSI and HPiston. Can someone correct me if I am wrong please.
    Half wrong, DSI reigns supreme but SoC is either a stronger or viable choice for every fight. I think some sims show M Piston ahead of HSoC on Korm/Fel. I've never bothered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilma View Post
    If you are hoping a normal class trinket will help you, you are sadly mistaken. Not only are you losing guaranteed benefit from another trinket(s), you are literally hoping RNG gods are in your favor.

If you're barely in heroic gear you won't even proc enough starsurge charges for you to smooth out your starfall uptime because of all the shit multistrike gear. Keep in mind haste gives you more dot ticks and crit increases your chance at starsurge charges while multi-strike is just poormans's crit at only 60% tops instead of 100% like crit. I would argue that you should coin kazzak in hopes to get warforged/socket all-stat trinket.

I just wish at 30% crit raid buffed, I'd crit at least ONCE in my opener. Also I hate how we almost have to play around legendary ring because we have 3 mins while our fkuing rogue/pally just pushes it willy nilly cause they have two mintues.

/rant

TLR boomkins are good in groups that can't cleave or RNG gods love you.
    Dude, you couldn't of said it any better, every time i try to use the ring, either a rogue or pally beats me to it.. and then they ask me, WHY DID YOU USE IT, we were supposed to save it for after this phase... i got Normal Seed from archi last night and boy, do they hate me now with all my starfalls haha. Yeah, been trying to get the other trinket from kazzak, but would also try the trinket from iskar as a test for aoe, but alas, we do enough aoe as it is. Im happy about my numbers once i got the seed, it improved alot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dark666105 View Post
    We may not be top dps however we are still very valuable, between roar, rebirth, and our basically passive aoe having a few boomkins for mythic fights is really nice.
    Im the main person to cast rebirth, i have to ask the RL everytime, you want me to rez?

Guess I stand corrected for that fight, Guess I'm doing something significantly wrong... then again I'm feeling quite demotivated lately. You managed to get a lot more damage on imps that i do for sure, then again i dont do anything to them but starfall.

I wasn't comparing boomkins to fire mages though, just saying they aren't one of the better dps classes nowadays. Maybe we've just always been in a great spot, but I'm definitely significantly lower on the dps meters than i used to be the last 4 tiers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Guess I stand corrected for that fight, Guess I'm doing something significantly wrong... then again I'm feeling quite demotivated lately. You managed to get a lot more damage on imps that i do for sure, then again i dont do anything to them but starfall.

I wasn't comparing boomkins to fire mages though, just saying they aren't one of the better dps classes nowadays. Maybe we've just always been in a great spot, but I'm definitely significantly lower on the dps meters than i used to be the last 4 tiers.
    I only sunfire them, don't tunnel at all. But in some raid comps they die so quickly its probably not even worth doing that. for example our logs differ from most guilds by alot, cause we don't have a single warrior dps.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

10+ Year Old Account
    I only sunfire them, don't tunnel at all. But in some raid comps they die so quickly its probably not even worth doing that. for example our logs differ from most guilds by alot, cause we don't have a single warrior dps.
    Our raid barely has a warrior. He logs in when ever he cans with his gf. so it says alot. TBH, ilvl plays a major role on this expansion by how i look at it. But also gameplay of the player

Honestly I quit Balance since the revamp. Such a painfully boring class to play now.

So. Painfully. Boring.

I've been druid only since WoD launch, playing mostly Balance. Recently I've started dungeonleveling alts. So far my impression, unrelated to performance, is that compared to other casters Balance gameplay is stiff and unengaging. I doubt I'll be maining Balance into T19.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
    I've been druid only since WoD launch, playing mostly Balance. Recently I've started dungeonleveling alts. So far my impression, unrelated to performance, is that compared to other casters Balance gameplay is stiff and unengaging. I doubt I'll be maining Balance into T19.
    Balance sucks in dungeon content, so pretty much any class in that scenario will be more appealing than balance.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

MM Hunter is the specc to go.
    High mobility, good single and decent Aoe, matched with hunter utility pack.