Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How long will you wait at a "Fast Food" resturant

At what point in waiting for your food do you have to say something?

Last week went to Popeyes after a long day, after ordering waited 20 minutes on my 2 piece chicken meal, at that point had to ask whats the status. Told it will be another 7 minutes before they have chicken up, asked for my money back and left. Was not into waiting 30 minutes at Popeyes, could have gotten a meal at a restaurant in that time

Stopped at Mcdonalds today, only ordered 1 standard cheeseburger(trying to keep the headaches away), 1 other person in there waiting on food after 15 minutes just asked for a refund, was already running late so just considered it a loss.

I'm disturbingly patient and it comes with rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    At what point in waiting for your food do you have to say something?

Last week went to Popeyes after a long day, after ordering waited 20 minutes on my 2 piece chicken meal, at that point had to ask whats the status. Told it will be another 7 minutes before they have chicken up, asked for my money back and left. Was not into waiting 30 minutes at Popeyes, could have gotten a meal at a restaurant in that time

Stopped at Mcdonalds today, only ordered 1 standard cheeseburger(trying to keep the headaches away), 1 other person in there waiting on food after 15 minutes just asked for a refund, was already running late so just considered it a loss.
    Was it a Tuesday that you went to popeyes? Im going to guess so.

A lot of fast food places do have 2 prep lines. One for drive-thru, the other for inside. However only 1 is in use during a majority of the day (unless during rush).

If its any thing like the McD's here, there is ALWAYS a line in the drive-thru. Just because you are the only person or only other person inside, doesnt mean they dont have 3-4 orders ahead of yours.

Never - I ain't putting that crxp in my body.

Hmm is 5 guys fast food? It seems kind of a mix between the two. For hot food I am fine waiting 10-15mins

Cold food like ice cream only 5 mins tops

10+ Year Old Account
    If you ever visit the west of the US, there's In-N-Out Burger. Be prepared to wait up to 20 minutes, depending how busy they are(they're usually busy).

Usually, I'm pretty patient, but a while ago I would always grab a coffee from McDonalds after I finished work. This could be anywhere from 10:30pm to 1:30pm.
    Every single time for 8 days in a row, I was told to pull off to the side and they'll bring my coffee to me.
    It always tasted so-so, but on the 8th day, I just said, no, I'm staying right here. It's just a coffee, why does it take so long, especially when no other car is in the drive-through behind me.
    They weren't too happy. In a way I feel bad for it but then I think, hell no, I'm paying for it, half the time you see the other staff just yapping away and leaning on the counters. They only want me to move so it doesn't register with their serving time.

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    Was it a Tuesday that you went to popeyes? Im going to guess so.
    Wednesday actually.

My vehicle is not good for going through drive-thrus, also I feel when you go through one your asking them to fuck it up.

Deleted
    Usually only wait max of 5mins here, unless you order something really unpopular on the menu, might wait 10mins. When the McDonald's has been really busy here ive had to wait up to 15mins for it :-(

Longest I'll wait for "fast" food is ten minutes and sometimes not even that; if I'm stopping at a fast food joint, I'm likely in a hurry to get somewhere and I can't wait around for them to get their thumbs out of their asses and do their fucking job; I'll simply demand a refund and go somewhere else.

10+ Year Old Account
    no longer than 15-20 minutes. thats if and when i ever decide to step foot in one most of the time i don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    I'm disturbingly patient and it comes with rewards.
    i wouldn't consider fast food a reward but whatever.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when fast food was actually fast. You usually waited no more than 60 seconds after money changed hands for your food.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    10 minutes max. It's called fast food for a reason.

Last week I was at a place and it took about 20 minutes for me to get my food. I was super pissed off. So we're the other 7 people in the restaurant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I remember when fast food was actually fast. You usually waited no more than 60 seconds after money changed hands for your food.
    yeah it's called a drive thru. if you go inside expect there to be lines or wait a little longer.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    yeah it's called a drive thru. if you go inside expect there to be lines or wait a little longer.
    I'm not talking about drive-thru, I'm talking about when you go in and pay for it. I remember when it was actually "fast" and you got your food in no time at all after paying.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    no longer than 15-20 minutes. thats if and when i ever decide to step foot in one most of the time i don't.

- - - Updated - - -

i wouldn't consider fast food a reward but whatever.
    Ah. I ignored the terms "fast food". Was thinking of restaurants in general. Had dinner at Ruths last weekend and they forgot our order and we ended up eating free. I wouldn't call fast food a reward, either.

Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    Ah. I ignored the terms "fast food". Was thinking of restaurants in general. Had dinner at Ruths last weekend and they forgot our order and we ended up eating free. I wouldn't call fast food a reward, either.
    Captain D's forgot/lost my order awhile back I waited 37 minutes total, they didnt even hook me up anything for the trouble.
    Spent most of the time getting my schedules organized and such, so took awhile to realize how long it was.
    I'll let that one pass because its The Captain, but they could have tossed me in an extra fish or some shrimp.

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    I feel when you go through one your asking them to fuck it up.
    That's a stupid statement to make. They are not purposefully screwing your food order up. Places make mistakes all the time. If/when you notice that your order is not right, you can go in and tell them. Don't know what it's like in USA but in Australia they are really fair about your orders and if they made a mistake they will correct it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I'm not talking about drive-thru, I'm talking about when you go in and pay for it. I remember when it was actually "fast" and you got your food in no time at all after paying.
    yes if you go in it's what called a line hammerfest. it has been in fast foods since the beginning. it didn't just suddenly appear out of nowhere. also the more populated cities you go to the more likelyhood there will be lines.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    That's a stupid statement to make. They are not purposefully screwing your food order up. Places make mistakes all the time. If/when you notice that your order is not right, you can go in and tell them. Don't know what it's like in USA but in Australia they are really fair about your orders and if they made a mistake they will correct it.
    they will correct it in the u.s. people in the states just like to cry and throw a fuss about it. its really childish.

Where are all you people at waiting that long when it's not busy?
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.