Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I would wait a half hour I think. Sometimes they can't get people to come in to work, some call in sick, others quit so they are really under staffed. It happens.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by alzoron View Post
    Actually, the fries have a cook time of 7 minutes, and about a minute drain time. Add in packaging and handling and the fact that they aren't busily focusing on just you a 10+ minute wait time for freshly made special snowflake fries is not that bad.
    I've gone inside and asked for fresh before and timed them. 4 minutes 35 seconds from drop to out. It takes two seconds to toss them in the bin, salt and scoop them into a box.

And why the childish insult? They cut their menu down to nothing because drive through times are too long and the menu too confusing for customers yet the wait times are 10x what they used to be. Is it too much to ask for fries that haven't been sitting all day and taste like shit? Fast food used to be fast with quality. Now it's slow and utter crap unless you ask for fresh.

I've had their new buttermilk chicken which is touted as being so great because it's all natural and made with love. It was dried out and nasty. Finally got one fresh - amazing. I don't know how you can fuck up a breaded, fried piece of chicken but they do. You shouldn't have to ask for fresh product just to get a decent, overprice meal.

Point was though - no matter what - I'm asked to pull forward when I'm the only one in line. Yet I've sat behind other people for 10+ minutes. They should be asked to pull forward too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    I've gone inside and asked for fresh before and timed them. 4 minutes 35 seconds from drop to out. It takes two seconds to toss them in the bin, salt and scoop them into a box.

And why the childish insult? They cut their menu down to nothing because drive through times are too long and the menu too confusing for customers yet the wait times are 10x what they used to be. Is it too much to ask for fries that haven't been sitting all day and taste like shit? Fast food used to be fast with quality. Now it's slow and utter crap unless you ask for fresh.

I've had their new buttermilk chicken which is touted as being so great because it's all natural and made with love. It was dried out and nasty. Finally got one fresh - amazing. I don't know how you can fuck up a breaded, fried piece of chicken but they do. You shouldn't have to ask for fresh product just to get a decent, overprice meal.

Point was though - no matter what - I'm asked to pull forward when I'm the only one in line. Yet I've sat behind other people for 10+ minutes. They should be asked to pull forward too.
    it's most likely because they don't want product to go to waste and make it ahead of time and set it on a heater to keep it warm.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I'm pretty patient, but i won't wait insane amounts of time if the meal doesn't justify it.

McDonalds or Burger King it usually takes <5m unless you order something odd.
    Pizza Hut 15m~
    Small restaurants with 'meal of the day' don't take much as it's all pre-prepared. "Decent" restaurants cooked to order? I'll gladly wait 20-40mins.

So yea, it depends a lot on the type of food you're getting, considering the vast difference in time to cook they might have.
    You must never eat Pizza Hut then. I haven't ordered there in years because no matter what time of day it's always a 45 minute wait - 1.5 hours for delivery. No wonder they closed them down here.
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I would wait a half hour I think. Sometimes they can't get people to come in to work, some call in sick, others quit so they are really under staffed. It happens.
    Fast food is disgusting. The entire premise is it's at least fast. Half an hour for shit food?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    I'm disturbingly patient and it comes with rewards.
    I am actually on the same boat. I remember sitting at this restaurant waiting for half an hour before getting my order because of some mistake on one of the fry cook's part -- but they compensated by giving me free large fries and stuff.

I'm a patient man and that bothers some of my friends because I never go up and ask to talk to their manager or whatever...that and I am also a slight pushover...

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Fast food is disgusting. The entire premise is it's at least fast. Half an hour for shit food?
    Well, if you go to the same place and you get your food fast 99 times and the 100th time it takes a half hour, I think that's good enough.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    it's most likely because they don't want product to go to waste and make it ahead of time and set it on a heater to keep it warm.
    That just doesn't work for that chicken then or they have it warmed too much. Breaded and fried is already ahead on the juiciness scale compared to grilled but still - you gotta get it fresh here. Surely they have test kitchens and put a timer on how long food is good for until it should be tossed. Ya know - fries 8 minutes, nuggets 7, fish 5 etc etc etc. It's reheated food anyway and the wait times are crazy long these days. Steak N Shake is all fresh made and I've never waited that long there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Well, if you go to the same place and you get your food fast 99 times and the 100th time it takes a half hour, I think that's good enough.
    Actually that means they failed. They have a timer on each order.

10+ Year Old Account
    You must never eat Pizza Hut then. I haven't ordered there in years because no matter what time of day it's always a 45 minute wait - 1.5 hours for delivery. No wonder they closed them down here.
    it's why i always have pizza hut delivered. it's the only "fast food" i will eat. also here it's only around a 30-45 minute wait.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Actually that means they failed. They have a timer on each order.
    Systems fail every once in a while, it's just the way things are.

-- Capt. Copeland

it's why i always have pizza hut delivered. it's the only "fast food" i will eat. also here it's only around a 30-45 minute wait.
    Toxic hidden MSG ingredients buried in popular pizza menu items:

Autolyzed Yeast Extract (Hidden MSG)
    Textured or Hydrolyzed Proteins (Hidden MSG and GMO)
    Hydrolyzed Corn (Hidden MSG and GMO)
    Modified Starches (Hidden MSG or Possible GMO)
    Natural Flavors (Possible Hidden MSG)
    Disodium Inosinate or Disodium Guanylate (MSG enhancers)
    The additives Disodium Guanylate and Disodium Inosinate are not added to a product that doesn’t contain MSG because they are considered expensive additives that are ineffective without MSG ingredients. The presence of Disodium Guanylate or Disodium Inosinate in a product is a strong indication that a product contains hidden MSG.

Pizza Hut – You get a lot more than “100% Real Beef” in this topping loaded natural and artificial flavors. Their sausage and bacon toppings have hidden MSG (autolyzed yeast or hydrolyzed proteins), and you are eating modified starches in their cheese, chicken and cream sauce (starches usually derived from GMO corn). The garlic sauce and seasoning used on every hand-tossed pizza is loaded with natural flavors, artificial flavors and partially-hydrogenated GMO oils. Pizza Hut recently reformulated their hand-tossed crust by replacing the high fructose corn syrup with sucralose (Splenda) – an artificial sweetener that has been shown to cause DNA damage to the gastrointestinal tract, reduces beneficial gut bacteria, and is linked to inflammatory bowel disease. Recent research indicates that sucralose is linked to leukemia.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't eat often at pizza hut though as it is expensive to order a pizza v.s. make it yourself. i usually only order it a couple times a year.

i don't eat often at pizza hut though as it is expensive to order a pizza v.s. make it yourself. i usually only order it a couple times a year.
    If I were to eat a pizza I would order it from an actual pizzeria not a fast food chain.

I don't eat at fast food restaurants.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    If I were to eat a pizza I would order it from an actual pizzeria not a fast food chain.
    meh i like pizza hut's pizzas. i refuse to eat papa johns. they burn the pizza EVERY SINGLE TIME I ORDERED THE LAST 3 TIMES.

In person the location near me is a 15-20 minute wait. Even for an order online it's about the same.

meh i like pizza hut's pizzas. i refuse to eat papa johns. they burn the pizza EVERY SINGLE TIME I ORDERED THE LAST 3 TIMES.
    What's wrong with a real pizzeria? I guess I am spoiled living in NJ.

I have gone to McD's 100's of times and I have never waited more than 10 minutes for my food. OP where the hell did you go?

I am a patient man, but I have my limits.

I rarely eat fast food, but one weekday night I was studying late for finals and just had a hankering for some beefy slabs between kings Hawaiian buns. I drove over to Arbys and placed my order in the drive-thru. I pulled right up to the window with no wait and no cars behind or in front of me. They took my money promptly and I waited for my food. 5 minutes went by....10 minutes went by....the manager (who was working the window) starts cracking jokes to some guy I cant see and is typing away on his computer which is right by the drive-thru window....15 minutes went by....at this point the manager laughs really hard and gets up and walks away...20 fucking minutes go by (I am staring at my car clock) and he finally brings my food to the window. At this point I am expecting some sort an apology (which I would have been good with). Nope just hands me my food and closes the window. I am beyond pissed at this point. I could have literally walked across the street to Chilis, ordered an appetizer, almost ate the fucking thing, and walked back to my car in the drive-thru. I drove past the windows thinking they had to be packed or something...nope, completely dead. It took literally over 20 minutes for them to do one...single...order.

That was the only time in my life I have written a letter of complaint to a company. They apologized, sent me a bunch of get this free coupons, and I have never seen that manager there again.